App: Rigz - Neverwinter (0/3)

User name: Rigz

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Hi!, I currently enjoy Neverwinter, but looking at the list, I do also enjoy Borderlands, D3, ED, MC, Monster Hunter, I also have, PoE and WoW but I generally find it hard to stay motivated on them; at least for now.

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Currently I am on NeverWinter as Rigzby

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Well, I used to play in a band, and had traveled across the country after selling off my entire life except a dufflebag and two guitars. I ended up in the OuterBanks off the coast of North Carolina because I ran out of land. I lived with 3 other people sharing a beach house for 3 years making it work. One day, some of us decided we were going to throw a jam session off the top tier of the house which was 3 stories up since the houses were on stilts to protect from water. My boss from my day job came to hang out and had parked in the driveway partially beneath us. As the day progressed and it became evening we were all pretty tanked and having a good time. During a song, and at this point we were quite ridiculous I had thought it would be pretty rad to play a song while simultaneous relieving myself off the balcony because you know, alcohol makes for the best decisions. So there I was, being a show off, playing my heart out and letting myself flow while I completely ignore where its going which unfortunately for me, was off the balcony and into the sunroof of my bosses BMW. Did you a BMW is expensive to clean? Who would have thought.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job is the one I have now. I currently am on my 3rd year of working from home as a project manager in healthcare. I represent projects in 52 hospitals and it comes with an immense amount of freedom. The worst job I ever had... was working at a Food Lion on the east coast where there were very little rights for the employees and I truly got to experience what its like to be taken advantage of in some of the worst ways.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
GTA 5, theres just a lot of liberty and chaos that comes from a game like this. Is it toxic and have a lot of cheaters? Absolutely, is it fun to just be a part of chaos? Also absolutely, its hard to get bored when you are in a constantly shifting environment with an open mind.

League of Legends, fundamentally I dont see any other game more socially challenging than this, let alone the mental and emotional challenges it creates within yourself. The game is a true test of patience.

Minecraft, theres a part of me that genuinely enjoys the sandbox world. It never fails that when theres a patch, my butt is looking in to see whats been added and looking for an idea of creative inspiration.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I'd have to say its someone I know to this day. An individual who without fail comes off as an opportunist. The present change and ideas as something "good for everyone" but when you dissect the reasoning it comes down to them wanting something for themselves and are disguising it as something everyone wants. When they speak, the promote their own efforts as if it is just them, and will egg and force you to need to compliment or react to something they do. Its a very dependent and narcissistic behavior and while I know they probably dont see that they do it, its none the less hard to be comfortable around.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have kept my feet in the music world for over 20 years. Its something I have a fair amount of experience with, but I've mostly kept it to myself. I play guitar, and have been working with digital music production for years. When I packed up my life and traveled across the country to be in a band I made that dream survive for a total of 4 years. I got to experience what it truly means to live free and have more experiences than a lot of people allow themselves to have in their life. Music has been that one footing that has always kept my spirits high and a grasp on who I am.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I had been dabbling in Neverwinter for a little bit and I quite enjoy the game when I play it but I do not know anyone. Searching I saw the advertisement in game and appreciated the cantor of the message delivered, that the quality of the people is what was paramount and not so much the skill or orientation of play. I find it humbling that people are still out there to just enjoy what "community" actually means. The U stood out to me.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What transpired to make this community the way it is? Was it a bad experience for a group of founding members? Was it just the desire to create something positive? Whose the biggest class clown here? ^_^

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Its a mirror, because no old man is just going to hang around a cave all day without wanting to mess with peoples heads and have a good laugh.

Last edited:

Harplager

Promoter
Welcome to the app process. I've been sorta out of touch for a while, so I don't know if anyone still pops in with an explanation of the app process. I'll try to explain here, to the best of my ability.

This is a "get to know you" process. We want to make sure you fit with us, and we want you to make sure we fit with you. The yellow named people are Officers, they'll vote. Often times, you'll receive votes from Officers that don't even play the same game as you. We rely on this thread and testimonials from people who have played with you to help us. When you play with Uey's remind them that you are an applicant and that they should come in here and post about their experience with you.

This is not a particularly quick process; again, we are trying to get to know you and make sure we all click together. Be sure to check in frequently and keep up the banter.

I've tried "learning" the guitar for about 4 years now. I keep getting frustrated and letting it sit and gather dust, then trying again, frustrated, dust, trying, in a vicious cycle. How do you motivate yourself (when you are a beginner) to keep practicing?

Thanks for the update:

As for the guitar, @Harplager the biggest jump for me was when a musician explained the 12 step blues to me. The blues itself was less important, but what it taught me was that fundamentally, nearly all music stemmed from its structure. It took what used to be very random and chaotic and gave me something to root what I was trying to learn with some grounding. Things made a lot more sense and it gave me a bridge to learning a lot more instead of feeling lost.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hi Rigz! Welcome to the App Process Dude, glad to have you..I saw you mentioned GTAV, I enjoyed playing that game back then, only I got to level 26 with the online mode, but the heist's were fun as hell lol died a bit, but the money was worth the missions for that. Are you into shooter type based games at all?, just saw Borderlands comment lol, nice..any other shooter games? and if you need any help or anything, let one of us know, we will be happy to help! best of luck :)

Hi @Silentgurl I enjoy all aspects of GTAV including GTARP with FiveM. I admin and support a community for it which I wont mention here out of respect :) but its a game of a lot of possibilities, I think it will be around for a long time.
I do enjoy certain shooters. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the more instant-death styles but the more strategic ones can reel me in pretty well.

Well there are a lot of guitar players here, so what kind of axes do you play?

I've never done anything...quite like what you did at a gig...but once I was playing a show where they had candles all around the stage. I wasn't paying close enough attention and I caught the headstock of my Strat on fire. It was a pretty big flame, but once I put it out, only a small section of the head stock was actually charred black. I only wish my skill level back then was enough to justify setting my guitar on fire. Crushing a hot solo while your guitar is literally burning would be pretty epic.

@Mythlond I definitely tried my hand at electric when I first was learning but ultimately my journey lead me to the acoustic side. I currently have a Martin 12 acoustic/electric and 6 acoustic/electric. They are my babies.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hi @Silentgurl I enjoy all aspects of GTAV including GTARP with FiveM. I admin and support a community for it which I wont mention here out of respect :) but its a game of a lot of possibilities, I think it will be around for a long time.
I do enjoy certain shooters. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the more instant-death styles but the more strategic ones can reel me in pretty well.
nice! good to have variety though :)

Hey there, unfortunately no. When I hope onto Neverwinter there doesn't seem to be many online, but its likely the hours I'm online, the couple times I have seen people online they are off doing their own thing which is understandable, I'm a big lowbie so its okay ^_^

Silentgurl

Promoter
Are you into any other shooter games? I know you mentioned GTAV, and any plans for your weekend Dude?

Not a whole lot in plans, I run my office from home and its a 24/7 gig, so with Covid going on, and this, I'm pretty home bound sadly. I do play Warzone from COD sometimes, and also BF5 as well.

arkle

Promoter
Hello there; sorry I am a bit late to the party (and dont play NW) - so instead tell me about your favourite guitar players? personally i dont have a single musical bone in my body, 3 weeks with a saxophone when a callow youth is it. I originally started liking rock bands then reversed in to prog rock, now I have mostly gone all soft rock and mostly listen to music while i run.

Learnedhand

Promoter
Welcome to the app process,

To join the folks in Neverwinter, while your app is pending, you can join our custom in game chat channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant, and request a guild invite. You join the chat channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat line.

Learnedhand

Promoter
Nothing from the applicant since August 23rd. NO for inactivity, pending the applicant's return.

Last edited:
Top Bottom