App: psuomega - Neverwinter (0/0)

User name: psuomega

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Slabba McBride

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
psu_omega - I actually forgot my username/password, so figured i'd just Apply again. It was such a blast the first time. These are a few of my favourite things...

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Went to a house party, played beer pong with vodka, almost tripped into the brand new TV, fell down the front steps, lost my glasses, and got into a fight with 4 Military Police. The first 2 wasn't enough to detain me :) Woke up in the hospital with a catheter in after getting my head bashed off the pavement, still drunk af, and was so amazed at how there was no bladder pressure, just relief about every 10 minutes. I kept telling my wife how awesome it was quite loudly until they released me into her care. She was not impressed, LOL.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Most people would think it was being a Marine. It had it's moments, but I'm currently working for my brother in-law's company as the primary IT engineer and having a blast wearing so many different hats. I'm developing, network engineering, firewall and wireless, and standard "help desking." They also sent me to school for Traffic Controller installation and troubleshooting. I am also in charge of the initial programming of the PTZ camera's for the security system and for traffic monitoring.

The worst job I've ever had was at a golf course country club restaurant. It's amazing how rude people can be when they think they are sooo much better than you. If only the toolbags could look at 1. previous tax returns and 2. my face to see how happy I am doing what I am.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Everquest - Too bad the server's are dead. I must have 2000 hours in that game alone. I did some endgame raiding on current content, random boxing with a friend, and general twinking and soloing. Had fun no matter what I was doing because it was always a challenge. I also did some Project '99 time after the servers died. I always think about going back but my free time is so limited with kids, job, house, etc.

I have owned just about every version of Fable. I still love how when you kick too many chickens, people call you chicken kicker. I actually bought a wired Xbox 360 controller just to game the rent system in Fable 2. It was one of the first games I remember where choices could actually matter. Some of the weapons could only be obtained after reaching a certain alignment which required you to be either a saint or a total ass in the dialogs.

Neverwinter - With the Dungeon Master dungeons, there is a built in way to have always fresh content. Even if Perfect World decides they aren't making enough money to push new content, but just to run the servers. As it stands right now, I'm so behind on the official content. Again, limited game time has made it impossible to play it as much as I'd like. If only I was still in college and single...haha.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
There are so many... Honestly, why must common sense be so incredibly uncommon?
The guy/girl that thinks they always have the right of way on the highway even if there is only 1.5 car lengths between you and the next car, and they horn their way in. I'm willing to crash to prove a point. If it was possible to go faster on this stretch of road, I already would be.
The person that likes to chill in the fast lane, at the exact speed of the lane beside them.... Please die of Covid, and take your family with you. We don't need that mentality in the gene pool.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I also like to fly RC helicopters. As soon as I can figure out how to post a vid/pic, I'll show you my 450 sized heli. I've been building a 250 Align T-Rex flybarless helicopter for about 6 years. It took me 10 years to finish a 2 IT year degree. I'll get that done sometime :)

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Because pants are lame. Also drinking and gaming is pretty much the only way I game. The mature community here gets right in my headspace and I find the players / members hilarious.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Do you like tater tots? Because tater tots are yum!

*prepares asbestos suit, assuring it's extra friable for the cancer that's about to ensue* Biden or The Donald?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
It's obviously going to be a cat. Have you ever seen a cat not get something it wants? Honestly, if the cat wanted the Master sword, all you'd have to do is chill, and wait for it to get bored of it.

I went back and looked through my previous application. I feel like I was much funnier then... I've obviously been too busy being an "adult" for my mental health.
Oh, also I found out how to post files...it's the Attach files button below. Pretty tricksy, my precious...

Also posting HEIC files from iPhone and Mac = crashed Safari, so there's that. Took a screen shot and posted that instead, LOL.

Attachments

Took a video of one of my cats while taking a photo of the helicopters. Couldn't upload the .mov file, so threw it on Google Drive.

That's what the internet is truly for right? Cat videos?

Kiserai

Community Leader
Just have anyone who you played with verify that you're the same dude and I can fix you up. I'd send you a password reset but somehow you don't have a registered email; I can unlock/merge/whatever the logins for you though.

I'd lock the thread since getting accepted a second time is going to be irrelevant, but since when has irrelevance stopped us?

Gwynn hooked me up. I'm in as my original account now. At least I had fun writing up the application again :)
Also, still down for answering personal and offensive questions :)

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
Moved to rejected, because you're already a member :p

Top Bottom