App: Preet - Neverwinter, I also play villagers and heroes (0/3)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter, I also play villagers and heroes

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Boocarkey

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
not yet

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
As a young thing I made a small amount "on the side" by selling some herbal distractions amongst friends and gig goers.
My flat was raided by the Police on a totally unrelated matter.
4 policemen in my small bedsit. 2 tesco carrier bags full of "mixed herbs" sat on my stereo turntable.
An observant officer lifted the bags, put them on the floor and demanded to know "Where did you buy that stereo?" I garbled such a dumb answer that they arrested me for handling stolen goods. I even pleaded guilty as I was in shock and relief.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I once had the job title and role of Head of Counter Terrorism for Wales, this was unbelievably more tedious as it sounds but it did stump comedian Ed Gamble when I was sat on the front row and he asked people what their job was so he could riff some jokes. He clearly didnt have anywhere to go with it.
Worst job I ever had I lasted 4 and half days bandsawing chickens feet off in a chicken factory. They were already dead. I did a thousand chicken a day and had to pay attention at all times as even with my chainmail gloves I could easily take a finger off if I didnt. First break on Friday I thought, WTF am I doing here and walked out, my wife wasnt happy as I didnt get my free chicken for working a full week.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
I still play Manic Miner !!
Magic the Gathering and its various online variations.
Football Manager 2008 a classic year

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My Boss of the last 8 years.
Where do I start? Incompetent buffoon who happened to be in the right place at the right re-organisational change time to be promoted above her ability. At each annual appraisal she is eager to explore other opportunities for me out of her management heirarchy as I clearly annoy her just as much as she does me.
I do appreciate that the personal nature of this answer is boring. It would have actually been easier to answer who DOESNT annoy me.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I was a roadie for Status Quo in the early 70s and I left them to work for the Bay City Rollers. thankfully no video evidence is available.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I'm a pantless alcoholic who has named their first toon Boocarkey where else would I be accepted?

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Why would you want me in your lovely peaceful guild, I was kicked out of one in SWTOR for apparently being a marxist ?!?
Does anybody actually still play LOTRO?
Do I have to use Discord? I hate it, via my work I just know it as a communication platform for paedos. I'm not averse to them being in the guild I hasten to add.
My main toon is a Ranger, what should my alt be?
Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
he hands me an iphone with a grindr app and suggests I swipe right on anyone close by who I'd want to enter a cave with.

Welcome. Discord is optional. Mumble is optional, but highly recommended. Slack is optional. Ram Jam put the ram in the ramalama ding dong. We're not really peaceful, more like terminally laid back. Marxists can be welcome if they obey them rules, but I doubt many of the people here show the energy and enthusiasm for such things. My take on our group is that they come here to relax, rather than wind up; how do you see game playing affecting you?

You mentioned villagers and heroes, are there any other casual/co-op multiplayer games you play?

My main toon is a Ranger, what should my alt be?

You say alt like it's singular.

Hi, my name is Zitesh, and I'm an Altoholic. I currently have 9 toons in Neverwinter in various states of playability, though my tanky fighter is my main.

Anyhoo, is there one class that you'll always lean toward in a new game? If so, what class and why?

Hello Boston I've defaulted to cleric/healer in most games I avoid tanks, I guess its something to do with my caring personality I want to support and assist rather than be THE hero. Also tanks are neanderthals with small brains who need people like me to watch their hairy backs

I played lotro for a very long time where "Preet" the minstrel healer was considered the safest healer in the guild, then went DDO, Conan, and swtor, I dont have a lot of hometime these days to play as often as I used to so Raids became too much . I like calm casual play, have two IRL friends who joined this with me and tbh we want to be in the same guild. They are waiting to see how my application spins out. they know I'm an acquired taste so theyll laugh profusely if I fail. they are both much better players than me and do the sensible thing like read rules and learn stuff.

Last edited:

Learnedhand

Ufficer
Welcome to the application process!

If you want to join the Neverwinter branch while your spp is pending, you can do so by joining our custom chat channel in game, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a guild invite. You join the chat channel by typing /channel_join uey in the game chat box.

The Neverwinter branch uses discord over mumble, unfortunately (not mandatory). That said, I don't think any of us are paedos; although, come to think of it, I've never inquired.

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Ufficer
Hi there.

I rather hope we would decline a self declared or convicted paedo.

I played manic miner a lot back in the day; suspect it would feel very dated and clunky now. I can still hear the music and sound effects in my head...

Not sure about LOTRO, I played it a little bit but not currently. I mostly (for which read exclusively and as if it was a job) play DDO.

It seems to me from your OP that you have done a diligent job of reading/researching the guild (perhaps too diligent...we dont want competence here!) so you probably know the drill for the app process...in very few words, you need 4 votes to get accepted or 3 votes is a "no thanks"; stay active in the app, meet up with guildies and get them to post in this thread and all should be well. Once in, attendance is entirely voluntary as is the use of voice comms.

Good luck with the app

thanks arkle, I'm lvl 58 just gone to whispering caverns will chat in game tomorrow

williamsond

DDO Usurper
Ufficer
that's a shame, looks like he's gone. NO for inactivity but happy to take it back if he returns.

Top Bottom