App: Plantain - Neverwinter/Overwatch/Forsaken World (4/0)

How would you feel about helping with the (somewhat abandoned) Uey Cookbook?
1,000,000% would help.
I’m actually helping someone with their time piece book right now.
How does it work? Could we possibly do “video” recipes. We make an easy meal and then “play hide and seek” lol or fun guild night activities.

Fhaol

Promoter
NO Avacados!!!!!!!! Poor thang lol I love avacados.. Well if the menu was the tree food groups, piza, burgers and tex mex Id be ok :)

Silentgurl

Promoter
Had a really nice chat with you on Battlene, hopefully we can sync up and do some overwatch soon! Hope your weekend is going well :)

1,000,000% would help.
I’m actually helping someone with their time piece book right now.
How does it work? Could we possibly do “video” recipes. We make an easy meal and then “play hide and seek” lol or fun guild night activities.
I dont believe theres an actual plan yet, merely a forgotten suggestion right now... but I think it would a great idea... we'll get crazy with it.

Krishach

Promoter
I share a love of Puerto Rico by remote, especially the food. As well as a severe allergy to avocados...

Personally I prefer tostones to amarillo, and mufungo to both if the broth is right. And Mayoketchup has no right on earth to be as addictive as it is.

Despite being "whiter than a snowman with a $%^#^@ fetish," I'm mostly French by blood (German and Viking too, but they're less known for cooking), and have eschewed French cooking instead for the Asian, Mexican, Italian, and Navajo that I grew up with. We have a Kitchen forum to share recipes. If you were going to share a recipe that speaks to your home town, what would it be, and why?

Last edited:
I share a love of Puerto Rico by remote, especially the food. As well as a severe allergy to avocados...

Personally I prefer tostones to amarillo, and mufungo to both if the broth is right. And Mayoketchup has no right on earth to be as addictive as it is.

Despite being "whiter than a snowman with a $%^#^@ fetish," I'm mostly French by blood (German and Viking too, but they're less known for cooking), and have eschewed French cooking instead for the Asian, Mexican, Italian, and Navajo that I grew up with. We have a Kitchen forum to share recipes. If you were going to share a recipe that speaks to your home town, what would it be, and why?
If I'm going all out in Puerto Rican cuisine, my favorite dish is Arroz con Gandules, Pernil, and Tostones (see first pic)
If I'm going "easy/simple" I'd do papas rellenas (see second pic)

First dish has rice with pigeon peas, which sounds weird, but its extremely flavorful then Pernil is a slow-roasted marinated pork leg or pork shoulder. Usually these are prepared during special events. The best part is the fat that turns into a "pork rind" and its super crispy. Plus add tostones and mayo/ketchup and youre set.

Second dish is essentially a fried mashed potato ball stuffed with ground beef. Phenomenal, perfect for drunken nights.

Have you tried arañitas? It's shredded plantain thats fried in a clump paired with you guessed it, mayo/ketchup lol

A few years ago I visited Paris and ate escargot, which was actually pretty good.

Attachments

I was looking to possibly join the discord, but the link on the home page kept taking me to the discord web app. I'm not sure if im not able to join yet because of my application process

Krishach

Promoter
Los que aman a Puerto Rico aman los plátanos. YES.

Never had aranitas, but apparently I need to remedy that.

Los que aman a Puerto Rico aman los plátanos. YES.

Never had aranitas, but apparently I need to remedy that.
Si!

Its super easy! Just shred them in a medium/large cheese grater and fry them.
And mayo ketchup is usually 50/50 each and you get a snack!
I dont know if its easy for you to find plantains, in texas, they are everywhere

Fhaol

Promoter
So I love the all around attitudehere..can I cast my very first YES??, do Blueys count?

Top Bottom