App: Plantain - Neverwinter/Overwatch/Forsaken World (4/0)

User name: Plantain

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter/Overwatch/Forsaken World

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Plantain

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Now I’ll be honest this is gross. But when I was attending culinary school I found out I was lactose intolerant. The hard way. It involved a parking garage, a QT(gas station) cup, and inside my dads car. I know. Wonderful.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest and worst job was when I worked at my aunts Vet clinic. I got to hang out with cats and puppers all day. But also had a large amount of strays that had to be neutered/spayed while pregnant because of the mother’s safety.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
1. Minecraft
2. Skyrim
3. Harvest Moon

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I think people that act like they’re above others or that nothing they do is wrong. I’ve had a few friends like that. Thankfully you learn eventually.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I’m a chef. I’ve done pastries and culinary. One of my passions

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I’m hoping to find friends. People to chat and game with. I used to be in a guild a while back and we all would chat and hang out. It’d be cool to find that again.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Taking this from one of my favorite podcasters, Explain your worst pant-crapping story with three words or three phrases.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Gamer related a bow.
Non gamer related. Tea.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hello Plantain! and Welcome to the App Process, some yellow named peep should be by and let you know the process works, and you should be getting a guild invite soon for Neverwinter. I also saw, you play Overwatch! I am a huge fan of that game, and really enjoy playing healer in there, so much fun lol What characters do you normally play in there? and if you need anything at all, please let one of us know, and we will be happy to help you, and best of luck with your App :)

Thank you so much! I try to play as many as possible. But usually play Tank/DPS

My favorites are Roadhog, Zarya, Junkrat, or Pharah.

Silentgurl

Promoter
nice! Lucio is my main, I once got over 23,000 heals with him, I was proud that day =p hehe, I like Junkrat for DPS :)

Learnedhand

Promoter
Welcome to the application process,

If you want to join the guild in Neverwinter while your app is pending, you can do so by joining our custom chat channel in game, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a recruit invite. You join the chat channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat box.

Those food pics look impressive (and delicious). How long have you been a chef? Is it a job, a hobby or both? What is the best job you've ever had and why?

arkle

Promoter
Hello

+1 for the avatar and +1 for the food pics - you are off to a good start.

I see SG dodged the details of the application process and to be honest i have typed it out 3 times already so instead can i just suggest you have a look at a couple of accepted applications? (i know i should just create a template and cut and paste...I think that every time but haven't done it yet).

What is your favourite tea? Where is the best place to drink it?

Harplager

Promoter
Any advice for aspiring bakers/pastry makers? Any bread-like dish I make comes out as flour-based rock.

@Learnedhand awesome I’ll be doing that tomorrow.
I went to Culinary School in 2013. So it’s a job and a hobby. I worked at Capital Grille. It’s a fine dining restaurant, I loved it because everything we made was from scratch. I was the pastry chef there for 3 years and got to make ice cream from scratch. Plus the best part was I got to do the ice cream of the day flavor.

@arkle lol ok I will check it out. Thanks!!
Currently my favorite tea is S’mores Chai or a Guava Iced Tea. I get it online from my favorite tea place called David’s Tea.

@Harplager definitely patience. Have everything prepared, mise en place, before you start. And do everything slowly. Never rush when baking bread. Most important. Let your dough rest. Highly suggest covered on top of the fridge. Because it’s warmer or nearish a window. You want that dough to rise!

ScyLent

Guild Leader
Hi Plantain! I am looking forward to seeing you in-game in Neverwinter! You are winning already with the name. I am Dominican, so I have a love relationship with Platanos.... Do you like DnD? and if so, what is your fave storyline? and why?

arkle

Promoter
I am Starbucks obsessed haha, I have to have cream in my coffee, some type of flavor in it lol :)
Shouldnt the coffee be the flavour not the cream? I dislike Starbucks intensely, both the corporate entity and the much they offer up in the UK. Italian coffee is the way to go.

Plantain - now the summer is drawing to a close, what do you like about Autumn?

Top Bottom