App: nyu04 - ESO (for now) (4/0)

@Learnedhand - it is a humbling experience indeed. Esp with cold BBQ sauce all over yourself. In terms of pineapple being acceptable on pizza? I am not a big fan of pineapple on pizza but hey, if you enjoy it - why not? My wife actually likes pineapple on her pizza. This is why we always get separate pizzas :D

@arkle - thank you for the Yes vote! :)

Yahoo!

Also Lilly asnd I have to get seperate pizzas... her pepperoni give me horrid heartburn and my mushrooms ad not appetizing for her.

Havokist

ED Guild Leader
Guild Leader
I'm gonna drop the second Yes vote (y)

If you've won Magus and Lily over that's good enough for me.

Harplager

Promoter
I like to ask applicants this: Tell us the story about the best day of your life. It doesn't have to be the birth of a child.

@Silentgurl - ty so much! appreciate it!

@Havokist - thank you so much for your confidence!

@Harplager - gave your question some thought. There are many best days of my life I can think of such as my wedding day, birth of my kids, and vacation etc. However - if I had to pick just one though - I would have to say it was the day that my entire extended family got together to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday about 17 years ago. Relatives I have not seen in years traveled in from all over the country. The weather was perfect and the food was spectacular and abundant. I remember distinctly thinking to myself - it doesn't get any better than this! My grandmother was so happy to see everyone and it meant the world to her that we all came together to celebrate her birthday. On top of that. I received my match letter that afternoon stating that I matched into Univ of MD for my specialty residency. It just felt like all my hard work has paid off and my career was finally coming together. It was one of those days where everything seemed absolutely perfect and couldn't be any better.

My grandmother raised me until I was 10 y/o so I've always been very close to her. She just passed away this past Sunday so your question was very coincidental (in a good way). Even if she was still alive, my answer would still have been the same. :) Sorry for sharing somber details at the end but it really is what I consider to be the best day of my life! My family is my life and they mean everything to me :)

Harplager

Promoter
I was already leaning this way, but that answer did it for me. Voting Yes.

Thank you all who voted me for your confidence in me. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me in ESO at any time if any members need any help. My userID is @mk9. :)

Last edited:
@Silentgurl - yep, almost there! Weekend was great - good food, healthy family, and no major issues so no complaints here! Still a little dazed from grandmother's funeral last week but all is well. I'm glad she is not suffering anymore and is in a better place now.

How was your weekend? :)

Silentgurl

Promoter
@Valil - I first saw this picture/painting when I took a class in college about Japan. It is the Great Wave off Kanagawa and one of my favorite pieces of Japanese art. I chose it as my avatar picture because I've always had an affinity towards the ocean/water in general. I grew up relatively close to the Pacific Ocean and enjoyed surfing in college. I find ocean waves to be majestic, beautiful, yet terrifyingly powerful at the same time.

@Harplager - :LOL: Good thing I was sober! My only saving grace was that my hand/bowl made contact with the screen door first and flipped the bowl up. The cold BBQ sauce all over my shirt made me freeze in my tracks so the door is still intact. As for my favorite book - that is so hard to say! It's like asking me what my favorite food is - the answer would be too many! I will list a few very memorable ones. 1. Legend of Drizzt Series. Randomly saw one book in the local library and read the rest soon after - I know it's cliche but this is one of my favorite series. This is what started me on D&D gaming and what followed. 2. Into the Wild. Say what you may but it takes a lot of guts to do what he did. I admire his tenacity and yearn for the type of freedom he had sometimes. I also enjoy various travel/hiking books such as Travels with Charley (Steinbeck) and A Walk in the Woods (Bryson). I love to travel but everything is now on pause due to the COVID issue. I also love hiking/camping - one of my dreams is to through-hike the AT one day.

@Silentgurl - had great weekend, thx for asking and hope you all had a good one as well! I played a few alts on ESO (hard to get used to ranged dps since I play all melee) and spent quality time w the family. Had good food and plenty of booze, what else can one ask for?? On a side note, we had terrible thunderstorms here for most of the night and more incoming tomorrow (tropical storm) so hopefully I can make it work and back home okay tomorrow. We will see!
glad your weekend went well overall for you, Dude! I installed ESO recently myself, and seeing if I can get back into it lol I game hop alot, hahaha :)

@Silentgurl - ah cool! Nothing wrong with game hopping, I do it all the time :D Maybe consider creating a DC toon just in case you ever decide to pvp for fun with Vanquish! Please say hello in game if you are on! I'm @mk9 :)

Top Bottom