App: nyu04 - ESO (for now) (4/0)

Silentgurl

Promoter
@Valil - I first saw this picture/painting when I took a class in college about Japan. It is the Great Wave off Kanagawa and one of my favorite pieces of Japanese art. I chose it as my avatar picture because I've always had an affinity towards the ocean/water in general. I grew up relatively close to the Pacific Ocean and enjoyed surfing in college. I find ocean waves to be majestic, beautiful, yet terrifyingly powerful at the same time.

@Harplager - :LOL: Good thing I was sober! My only saving grace was that my hand/bowl made contact with the screen door first and flipped the bowl up. The cold BBQ sauce all over my shirt made me freeze in my tracks so the door is still intact. As for my favorite book - that is so hard to say! It's like asking me what my favorite food is - the answer would be too many! I will list a few very memorable ones. 1. Legend of Drizzt Series. Randomly saw one book in the local library and read the rest soon after - I know it's cliche but this is one of my favorite series. This is what started me on D&D gaming and what followed. 2. Into the Wild. Say what you may but it takes a lot of guts to do what he did. I admire his tenacity and yearn for the type of freedom he had sometimes. I also enjoy various travel/hiking books such as Travels with Charley (Steinbeck) and A Walk in the Woods (Bryson). I love to travel but everything is now on pause due to the COVID issue. I also love hiking/camping - one of my dreams is to through-hike the AT one day.

@Silentgurl - had great weekend, thx for asking and hope you all had a good one as well! I played a few alts on ESO (hard to get used to ranged dps since I play all melee) and spent quality time w the family. Had good food and plenty of booze, what else can one ask for?? On a side note, we had terrible thunderstorms here for most of the night and more incoming tomorrow (tropical storm) so hopefully I can make it work and back home okay tomorrow. We will see!
sorry about the storms Dude, and nice on Alts..I am actually going DPS next life in ddo..I look forward to it..good to hear from you :)

@Fhaol - hmm not familiar w that band but will check their album covers out! :)

@Silentgurl - we survived but had 3 tornado briefly touch down locally. Major flooding with trees down/sink holes on some streets but everyone is safe. Had to close the office yesterday but power went out for half the day so couldn't even play much on an unexpected day off! lol

Pic of our main street heading into town. Impassable and closed for over 12 hours. Good thing we had plenty of beer at home :D

Attachments

Fhaol

Promoter
Dayum , it looks like you live in similar country as I do. Are you trailer trash too??

@Fhaol - We live in a rural part of Maryland but I grew up in Southern California and my wife is from NY.

Trailer trash - Unsure what your definition is but I do, on occasion - 1. wear camo 2. sit in tree stands 3. enjoy shooting/archery/fishing/ATVs . Does this earn me the title ? :p

Last edited:
Wonderful to see the banter here. That photo of that arsenal reminds me of the first time I went shooting. The last weapon I fired was a nine millimeter swiss made, and I somehow managed to shoot the wrong target. I was at a range in switserland and there were atleast 5 paper targets each for their own lane. Instead of shooting my target I shot the target to my left over and over, and no one corrected me lol I felt so embarrased. The guy I was with just instructed me in usage of the weapons and wasnt watching me closely enough I guess? Still dont know what happened there haha
Someone said do 50 pushups now! I deserved that. Didnt do the pushups (he was joking and I was a weeny lol)

Question: what is your funny and or interesting gun story?

Im not a gun enthousiast at all, but I am curious.

Last edited:
@Fhaol - lol, thanks!

@Grraver - :ROFLMAO: that is hilarious!!! Good news - even though it was the wrong one, at least you hit the target!

Hmm - I take gun safety super seriously so no funny stories about safety issues. A semi funny story - a buddy was super psyched to try a new sig he got and insisted we go the same day he picked it up. We drove in horrendous traffic/rain to the range, waited forever for lanes to open, only for him to realize that he left the key to the trigger lock at HOME when he stopped by to grab something. Good times and he still hasn't lived this down to this day. :)

Your avatar pic reminds me of the band YES album covers in the 70s :)
The Wave is definitely not from the 1970s...

And hello nyu04 - Do you think you'll play the new Baldur's Gate when it launches?
Not even sure what the final system requirements will be when that drops.

Good to hear from you in ESO!

@Valil - no lol. I've always played melee toons so it seems I'm a little handicapped when it comes to mag dps toons :D Will work on the magblade a little today and see how it goes. Or maybe try mag dk again but then again, I like magden too. Yes I have an alt problem!

@Fennec - yes, definitely looking forward to it. It has been too long and the cinematic trailer was spectacular! Welcome to Vanquish once again! :)

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
Vanquish has good peeps, Magus and Lilly are good judges too. Nyu would get my vote on that basis alone. :)

So I've had some interaction with nyu04 in-game (ESO) and I'd have to say that so far, so good! Very pleasant! Keep it up! Now I just have to run some content with them to see how they interact that way and I can make a more informed decision :) (not that my vote counts.... ever.... for anything.... so lonely....)

@ObiJuanValdez - heya, thanks for the plug! Look forward to running with you one day, just msg me in game!

@Fhaol - thanks again bud! Have not seen you on lately but I've been getting on at weird hours. lol

I find your gun rack arousing. Get in the van!!! 😁

Really love the scenery & atmosphere in ESO myself! Fun game, just keep getting sidetracked. Mostly just logging in for my daily freebie goodies lately. lol

On a side note, love you saying you take firearm safety seriously. Vet myself, firm believer in the 2nd & HATE seeing idiots treat guns like toys!

@SharpPointyStick - :D thank you, I really need to sell a few rifles but BRD is quite real. I agree 100% w 2A and people not taking firearm safety seriously.

Getting sidetracked is what ESO is all about. I usually log in, a few hours later and I'm like what the heck did I just do? Usually a few writs, fed some horses, and picked up some flowers/herbs. :ROFLMAO: Hit me up next time in eso - I'm under @mk9.

Learnedhand

Promoter
Welcome to the application process,

I, too, have walked into a screen door. It is certainly a humbling experience. It looks like you have the apocalypse on lock. So I'll fall back on another of my standard questions. Is pineapple an acceptable topping for pizza?

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
Welcome. I see no one has actually set out the application rules but if you have got this far then maybe someone has briefed you in game or via your existing Uey friends.

I was going to award a -1 for ignorance of Yes but then you get the +1 back for the avatar; i actually used that image as the inspiration for my last DIY decorating job.

Overall though if DR says your good peeps then thats enough for me.

Have a Yes vote and good luck getting 3 more.

YES

Top Bottom