App: nyu04 - ESO (for now) (4/0)

User name: nyu04

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
ESO (for now)

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? @mk9

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Magus and Lilly

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Too many but just last week - I walked into a closed screen door (that I thought was open!) with a tub full of marinated bbq chicken wings on my way to the grill. Needless to say, wife was unimpressed and not happy about carpet clean up. I was sober too!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job is now - as an orthodontist, I get to create beautiful smiles and see the boost in their self esteem. It means the world to me. Worst job - lab tech in college. Always cleaning other people's messes!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
baulder's gate series. Neverwinter nights series. Mass effect series. Why? I adore the character development, lore, and story lines.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My class mate from dental school. Thought he knew everything and always told everyone what to do. Did not listen to other's opinions and respect the fact that that everyone is difference/unique in their own ways.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I like turtles - esp box turtles. Found a baby box turtle on the side of the road last year that was in bad shape. Took him to the vet and nursed him back to health. Letting him go was hard but I'm glad I was able to save him. Hope he is doing well!

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I met Lilly and Magus through ESO and they highly recommended me to apply. We are in the same guild - Vanquish and I absolutely adore the guild. They said this guild is very similar but it's cross gaming so we will be able to keep in touch even if we move on.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
None for now - Thank you for your consideration!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A towel. It is about the most massively useful thing an adventurer can have!

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hello Nyu! Welcome to the app process, some yellow named peep, should be by to let you know how the process will go, and if you need any help or anything please let one of us know, we will be happy to help. What class btw do you play in ESO? and why do you enjoy that mmo? and Best of luck with App :)

thank you! I play a stamina templar but have been dabbling in stamina necro /mag dk/warden. Always been a big fan of the elder scroll series. As for ESO, I enjoy the beautiful rendered environments, rich lore, different motifs, and the friendships I have made in game.

Hey MK! Glad to see you dropped by. He's put up with my over the shoulder conversations through Lily for a good bit now. Good peeps, and I have no reservations with him joining. Kind, resourceful, even-keeled, and here to enjoy games even while pursuing any accomplisments therein.

Huntgod and Pfloyd have probably run into him in Vanquish as well, but I'll let them pipe in.

So to keep this ball a rollin' I'll use the oldie but goodie:

What's yer Zombie Apocalypse Plan?

Hey Magus! Wow - thank you for such kind words, I am humbled. That is some of the nicest things people have said about me in gaming or RL as a matter of fact. Also, I actually have always enjoyed our over the shoulder conversations :)

As for my zombie plan - I think a pic is probably worth more than words. IMG_2802.jpg

Allrighty I readily (and somewhat jealously) accept into evidence that you are well-equipped... but now what do you do with all that kit?

Where do you go, and how do you get there? hehe

For example if I were on the west coast I know of a place that sits on a mountaintop with easily cleared sight-lines, 10k (or more.. .memory's fuzzy) gallons of diesal, and several thousand of potable water. In winter time it requires a snowcat to get to and about three hours. The mountain lions also make a great security line. ;)

1596057697095.png

If it were in the south west I'd pay a visit to our friend Katus. ;)

Here we have a few choices, none of them terribly great but down to the hills of KY would probably be the best bet.

Wow that is a quite a nice secret location you have on the West coast! 10k worth of diesel!!!

Depending on situation, my first choice would be bunkering down at the house (if not completely overrun). Few reasons why - 1. we have a decent sized creek in the back with running fresh water. 2. we're on about 20 acres of mostly forest and tons of deer/turkey/wildlife to hunt for food. 3. somewhat defensible position from high ground. It's funny you asked this question because when we were looking for property about 8 years ago, I told my wife the reasons (listed above) why I liked our current property and she thought I was nuts. Personally, I like to hike/camp and have always prepared for emergency scenarios (not necessary zombies but prolonged blackouts/mass social unrest etc).

If we had to leave, I'd head out to WV to my friend's property. He is off the grid and ready for doomsday lol.

Lily here, I still need to fix my profile. Hi MK! So glad to see you applied. I've been playing ESO with MK for a while and really enjoy playing the game with him. I think he would be a great fit with the U so I told him about the group and suggested he apply. So..let's see a question..🤔 how would you say you handle/prepare for stressful situations in-game, such as difficult trials/raids?

Fhaol

Promoter
Hell if he s part of Vanquish that is a big PLUS!!!

Last edited:
@ Lilly - thanks for the suggestion to apply :) Missed ya last night in game!

In terms of your question regarding difficult trials/raids, here are the few things I usually do.

1. Always be on time/few minutes early (everyone's time is important and I do not want to the entire group waiting on me).
2. Read appropriate guides/watch videos to learn mechanics beforehand.
3. Be mentally prepared for wipes. Over and over again. Esp for a progression group (like this Saturday night)
4. Remain calm regardless what happens and not take things too seriously. Purely hypothetically - If somebody accidentally shows up to trials with no gear on but with good intentions - laugh it off, let them get equipped and let it go! No big deal!! lol *wink*

@Fhaol - thanks for the plug, appreciate it! It was a good run with you in nAA last time, hope your internet is working better these days :)

So what's for dinner nyu? I understand that you are quite the food-meister. ;)

:LOL: What can I say - I love to cook and eat! Your wife is quite the cook, I always enjoy the food pics! Tonight, had some grilled steaks/salad/pasta along with a few IPAs. It's super hot and humid here in Maryland but it was worth grilling outside. Hope Lilly feels better soon and you have a good dinner as well! :)

Ha ha ya ya. I could blame the Jameson for showing up at the trial with no gear, but really it's just sharing gear between so many toons. 🤣 I guess I need to get some more gear lol.

I agree! I am starting to feel that pain with my few alts. Oh and also inventory management - I think I spent more time on that than playing the game these days. :p

Hope you feel better soon - see you in game! :)

Inventory is a PITA in damn near every game. PSO2 is no different... I almost hate getting loot in it and ESO.

Harplager

Promoter
Your screen door comment reminds me of a friend here at the house. He was inebriated and managed to walk through a closed screen door. RIP screen door.

What is your favorite book and why?

Silentgurl

Promoter
thank you! I play a stamina templar but have been dabbling in stamina necro /mag dk/warden. Always been a big fan of the elder scroll series. As for ESO, I enjoy the beautiful rendered environments, rich lore, different motifs, and the friendships I have made in game.
nice Dude! How was your weekend?

@Valil - I first saw this picture/painting when I took a class in college about Japan. It is the Great Wave off Kanagawa and one of my favorite pieces of Japanese art. I chose it as my avatar picture because I've always had an affinity towards the ocean/water in general. I grew up relatively close to the Pacific Ocean and enjoyed surfing in college. I find ocean waves to be majestic, beautiful, yet terrifyingly powerful at the same time.

@Harplager - :LOL: Good thing I was sober! My only saving grace was that my hand/bowl made contact with the screen door first and flipped the bowl up. The cold BBQ sauce all over my shirt made me freeze in my tracks so the door is still intact. As for my favorite book - that is so hard to say! It's like asking me what my favorite food is - the answer would be too many! I will list a few very memorable ones. 1. Legend of Drizzt Series. Randomly saw one book in the local library and read the rest soon after - I know it's cliche but this is one of my favorite series. This is what started me on D&D gaming and what followed. 2. Into the Wild. Say what you may but it takes a lot of guts to do what he did. I admire his tenacity and yearn for the type of freedom he had sometimes. I also enjoy various travel/hiking books such as Travels with Charley (Steinbeck) and A Walk in the Woods (Bryson). I love to travel but everything is now on pause due to the COVID issue. I also love hiking/camping - one of my dreams is to through-hike the AT one day.

@Silentgurl - had great weekend, thx for asking and hope you all had a good one as well! I played a few alts on ESO (hard to get used to ranged dps since I play all melee) and spent quality time w the family. Had good food and plenty of booze, what else can one ask for?? On a side note, we had terrible thunderstorms here for most of the night and more incoming tomorrow (tropical storm) so hopefully I can make it work and back home okay tomorrow. We will see!

Fhaol

Promoter
Your avatar pic reminds me of the band YES album covers in the 70s :)

Top Bottom