App: Noggin - Neverwinter (0/0) (Shelved till the fall at applicants request)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Mizar

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Summer 2012, 18 y/o, went to Brazil with my friend, drinking age is 18, second to last day we decide to go out to a club and get wasted.......... pregamed 5 shots vodka and 5 shots tequila, still made it to the club somehow, somehow bluffed it past the bouncer, 5 steps in, turned the corner, and puked. My buddy calls a taxi, made it back somehow, on the way up to the apartment..... he drops me down the stairs.... woke up to stains on my pillow and bruises all over.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I was a drafter and inspector for a radar manufacturer, always learning something new and unlearning stuff that get red taped retroactively.

My parents owned a restaurant... not so much a job, but a chore.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Nothing singleplayer, tend to meticulously comb through everything on first playthrough e.g. all guilds and most sidequests done before I even meet the Blades in Skyrim.

Got to MR20 in Warframe, took a one year break, then they dropped Plains of Eidolon... a little overwhelmed, but might pick it up back up at some point.

Been pretty consistently playing osu! for a while, always a satisfying feeling when you finally beat a song you've been struggling on.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Met this guy in basic training/boot camp, couldn't stop fidgeting and couldn't keep his mouth shut either. Every time the drill sergeant walks past him in formation, we all brace ourselves for a smoking.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I like to record pictures and video, every time we head out, I always bring a camera of some sort. My Army buddies found it weird, but the commander was all for it. This is him in our tank: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ZthDjGNLBHNXhwcE9uX2pRakE

I took machine shop back in HS, loved to play with the CNC engraver. https://noddingham.deviantart.com/gallery/

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
As my first year on college comes to an end, started to realize, as a 21+ freshman in college..... don't really have much in common with the rest of my classmates. And most of my friends are moving on.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Anyone like sour beer?

Anyone else having a hard time finding 100+ proof after Barcardi 151 got discontinued?

Anywhere to share pics of mah little pupper?
http://gph.is/2p2khYt
http://gph.is/2p17DJ3

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A torch, because a smart man learns from his own mistakes, but a wise man learns from other's mistakes

Learnedhand

Ufficer
Hi Noggin,

Welcome to the application process. Good start to the application. To join us in Neverwinter, you should join the our custom chat channel in game. The command is /channel_join Uey. Once you're on the channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant and ask for a guild invite. Any member can hook you up. Once you get the invite, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so that we know who you are. After that, just hang out and get to know us. Our community does take the application process seriously, so to get accepted you need to stay active here in your app, even if you're active in game, for the benefit of our members that don't play Neverwinter. We all want to get to know you. You need 4 yes votes to be accepted and 3 no votes to get rejected. The official votes will come from folks with yellow names (green and purple names can also cast official votes, but rarely do); however, red named members may visit your application to interact with you, endorse you and/or cast unofficial votes. More often than not, applications are rejected for lack activity in the application. Once accepted, we imposed absolutely no activity requirements on our members anywhere, and very few general requirements (see rules section - it's short). Anyway, I'm a Neverwinter person, so I'm sure I'll see you in game. This is the part where I tell people to get an avatar, but you already have one. So, good on you.

What type of restaurant did your parents own? What type of work would you do there? I presume you meant that as your worst job, since you described it as a chore? Tell us more about playing with radars.

What type of restaurant did your parents own? What type of work would you do there? I presume you meant that as your worst job, since you described it as a chore? Tell us more about playing with radars.
Yeah definitely the worst, it being a chore was implied that I was not paid, more of a fee for living under their roof. It was a chinese restaurant, serving generic americanese cuisine.

Tell us more about playing with radars.
It is a little tense, everything around me was worth more than me. I had a habit of poking my head out onto a hallway before merging, one day a guard saw me do that, he was like "that's not suspicious" I replied: "just making sure to not bump into anyone carrying a part worth more than my car." he replied: "touche"

Gunnr

Ufficer
Hi Noggin, welcome to the process. Your puppy is adorbs! I'd love a dog if they could use the toilet...they are just so needy.

Did your annoying person annoy you because of the fidgeting and whatnot or because he'd get you guys in trouble? I'm kind of curious about which aspect bothered you more.

Oy! Welcome to The Process, Noggin! This is gonna be fun times, fun times indeed. Or maybe not. Could be boring, reading, responding, answering questions, throwing around insults, poopin in the yucca tree pot.........

Also, huzzah for effin tanks. My fatherinlaw was a tank commander over in germany years n years ago so thats cool. :)

The doge is adorbs. How long has the little furkid been in your care? Have you always been a dog person or is it only a recent thing?

Did your annoying person annoy you because of the fidgeting and whatnot or because he'd get you guys in trouble? I'm kind of curious about which aspect bothered you more.
If only that was it. He liked to be smart with the drill sergeants, talking back, and being a slob in general. He wasn't the only one, but he was the one that stood out the most. We tried to get him to understand, but he just didn't listen. The last straw was when he jab a guy in the butt with a rifle for being slow going up the stairs. That event got him kicked into outprocess limbo.

The doge is adorbs. How long has the little furkid been in your care? Have you always been a dog person or is it only a recent thing?
Her name is Navi, she's 11 months old. Picked her up on my way home from my cross country roadtrip. Was staying with a family using AirBNB, it was a beautiful farmstead in the middle of nowhere, Iowa, the litter was just born 2 months before I got there. Don't really have preference for pets, but I just feel that dogs are easier to understand.

AGreed on the dogs are easy to understand! Cats are just little buttholes :p

Now when you say he jabbed a guy in the butt with his rifle... That's gotta have more info. Was it the stock? Barrel? Did he try to insert it through the guys pants? Who saw it to get this nitwit moved to being on his way?

Now when you say he jabbed a guy in the butt with his rifle... That's gotta have more info. Was it the stock? Barrel? Did he try to insert it through the guys pants? Who saw it to get this nitwit moved to being on his way?
Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well. lol, jk.

He shove it barrel first, there was no penetration as far as I know, It was considered just generally an unsafe act and a form of sexual harassment. There was a bit of a fight that went down after, that's how the drill sergeant got involved and how the rest of us heard about it. He started out processing shortly after that, he was still out processing when I graduated basic training 5 weeks later.

Heh, serves that schmuck right. Some people just astound me with their stupidity.

So, what're your plans for your next big photo thing? Got anything interesting in taht respect to share?

Tron-tonian

Ufficer
5 weeks of out processing? Does that mean that they basically had to sit around for over a month while 'paperwork' got done?

So, what're your plans for your next big photo thing? Got anything interesting in taht respect to share?
Nothing much, we got a pretty awesome extended combat training coming up (Operation Cold Steel II), but otherwise it is just my pup on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inceptednoggin/

5 weeks of out processing? Does that mean that they basically had to sit around for over a month while 'paperwork' got done?
Yeah, pretty horrible to be stuck in limbo, they told us from the start that the easiest way to get out of basic training is to finish it. Quitters are pretty close if not, the lowest of their priorities.

Learnedhand

Ufficer
So Noggin, have you gotten in any playing time with some Ueys or have you caught any of us in Discord/Mumble? If so, don't be shy about asking them to swing by here and comment. I'll be ready to vote on this one, once I start seeing some feedback.

Heyo Noggin! anything interesting and ultra hoppin going on?

Aside from Neverwinter have you got any other games pulling your attention or got your sights set on something on an upcoming one?

So Noggin, have you gotten in any playing time with some Ueys or have you caught any of us in Discord/Mumble? If so, don't be shy about asking them to swing by here and comment. I'll be ready to vote on this one, once I start seeing some feedback.
Finals week, so haven't been playing much, been pretty busy, I use Discord mainly, I'll ask for the link next time I log on.

Heyo Noggin! anything interesting and ultra hoppin going on?

Aside from Neverwinter have you got any other games pulling your attention or got your sights set on something on an upcoming one?
My little sis will be getting her license soon, she has her eyes on my car, my dad is going to buy it for her, that's an excuse for my to go look for a new toy, lol.
Also, should be getting my concealed carry licence soon.

Rainbow Six Seige is the other game I play, I have put in some time on turn based games on the side while studying last week, like Civ 6. Nothing upcoming has caught me attention recently, but I don't really join the hype for game releases, I usually wait to hear about games that have been released and whether they are any good, then waiting on a sale, cause I'm cheap and I have more games in my steam library already than I know what to do with, lol.

Man I hear ya on the steam library. I got sucked into steam sales way too many times several years ago. There's games that will never get played or finished. Then there is humblebundle. FFS I should block that site from my routers dns lol.

What kind of vehicle are you thinking about getting next? New? Used? Car or Truck? You cannot go wrong with a Toyota Tacoma!

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Yo Noggin. Finished with finals yet/ Have you been able to get some gaming in? Hung out with Ueys?

Learnedhand

Ufficer
Finals week, so haven't been playing much, been pretty busy, I use Discord mainly, I'll ask for the link next time I log on..
There's a perma discord invite link that you can find in our Neverwinter MoTD.

Sorry, army reserves gives a whole new meaning to three day weekends, lol, spent Friday, Sat, and most of today, Sunday packing for our 2 week outing starting in June. Got trained up on forklifts and skid steers though, so that's a plus. Also went digging in "cold storage" for a power distribution kit that was dated 1970, actually tested it and it worked, wow. We were told that our job is to turn a flat piece of ground into a base that can distribute food, water, and fuel to units up to 25 miles away. Fun stuffs are anticipated for this summer :D

Top Bottom