App: Neurogirl86 - ESO, FFXIV, No Man's Sky (4/0)

User name: Neurogirl86

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
ESO, FFXIV, No Man's Sky

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Neurogirl86

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Valil (Lily) and Magus.

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I went to a very good friends wedding with my husband. It was a group of old friends that I use to party with in college. So of course we decided to relive the party days. So we all proceeded to get completely hammered. My husband had to help me out of the car and into our B&B suite that we were staying at. At one point I fell to the floor and declared that I could no longer move. So my poor husband had to help me get out of my dress and get jewelry off and get into my PJs. He then proceeded to very casually record me on his phone while I attempted to eat some snacks and drink water in the bed - the whole video is me swaying back and forth while I mumble random thoughts between bites of food/swigs of water. He still likes to pull the video out when he really wants to embarrass me.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
My current job as a medical research scientist is awesome!!!! The worst was working as a server at a buffet - horrible management and horrible customers

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
1) Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wind (Nintendo Switch) because it has a great story line, the soundtrack is beautiful, the graphics are beautiful, and the game play is great for casual solo play!
2) Katamari Damacy (PS2) because it is super goofy and great to play around friends and family - especially with drinks :D
3) Mario Cart (Nintendo 64/Wii/Switch) because again it is a great party/social game!

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I once knew this girl that actually purposely acted "dumb" because she got more attention from being a "dumb blond" then a "smart blond". She was actually super smart - having graduated in the top of her class in high school (extremely large school fyi). It really bothered me that she purposely spoke and behaved like a stereotypical "dumb blonde" because she felt that was how she needed to be. Just be "real" and true to yourself.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
While I am a research scientist, in a former life I was/am a musician. I am a classically trained opera singer and piano compositionist. I also performed in severely metal bands ranging from gothic metal and industrial metal to hardcore metal and popular alternative covers.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I am really tired of going from game to game and having to find new people to play with, or even just chat with. I have been a gamer for most of my life and it would be nice to have a common place where I can chat with people and enjoy some gaming together. I also feel like this would be a great place to find out information, especially when new to a given game. I have had many issues in the past with having to trial guilds in game and then finding out they are either way too serious or they are full of drama and issues. Would like to have something relatively consistent. It is also super frustrating when you go away on vacation for a week and come back to find out that all of the in-game guild members you once knew left and new people have replaced them.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Since you are a casual social community, do you all ever do social gaming events?
What games do people play that are is this community? a little bit of everything?
(I ask most of my questions when talking with Valil (Lily) and Magus. So that is all for now)

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A magical orb that summons a group of adventuring companions whenever you either need help or need company because it is always better to go adventuring or into a dangerous situation as a group - strength in numbers and endless entertainment.

Hi Neuro! Gotta love it when one of your best friends does an application. Free rein to torment! :ROFLMAO: I keep dragging her into games with me (Final Fantasy XIV being the most recent) so I suggested that she should apply. Ok let's make this interesting, (insert maniacal laughter) I challenge you to a Uey themed cook-off. He's the little mascot guy in the top corner of the page. Pictures to be posted to the app. :LOL: Cook-off meaning I'm going to be cooking with you, the competition is to see who can make the best Uey themed food.

Hi Neuro! Gotta love it when one of your best friends does an application. Free rein to torment! :ROFLMAO: I keep dragging her into games with me (Final Fantasy XIV being the most recent) so I suggested that she should apply. Ok let's make this interesting, (insert maniacal laughter) I challenge you to a Uey themed cook-off. He's the little mascot guy in the top corner of the page. Pictures to be posted to the app. :LOL: Cook-off meaning I'm going to be cooking with you, the competition is to see who can make the best Uey themed food.
I am up for the challenge! Let's do it :D

Fhaol

Promoter
Hello and welcome to the process...so giventhe pandemic and quick vaccines what could possibly go wrong? In other words what is your zombie apocalypse plan?? Good luck!

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Like the app. Out of curiosity what is your range? Can you share any music with us you worked on?

Hello and welcome to the process...so giventhe pandemic and quick vaccines what could possibly go wrong? In other words what is your zombie apocalypse plan?? Good luck!
My plan is easy because my in-laws have a fallout shelter and the weapon cache needed in the case of any type of apocalypse haha. I would grab the baby and strap her to me in the baby carrier we have, and get a large knife and sword and make a go for it - as stealthy as one could be with a toddler that is lol. Hubby would have my back though. Thankfully we are all survival type people, so I think we would do ok in the wilderness. However, I say any type of sharp pointy object would be best when dealing with zombies as long as they are the slow shambling type. If it is a rage zombie type then I say we are all screwed might as well go out with a bang and a fight - if that would be the case, then I would definitely be taking a trip to my lab for some supplies to make them go boom lol.

Like the app. Out of curiosity what is your range? Can you share any music with us you worked on?
Thanks! When practiced I can get down into two octaves below middle C and as high as an E6. At my most practiced I was singing a lot of material from phantom of the opera. In my cover bands I did a little bit of everything but my favorite was always covering Amy Lee from Evanescence. My range is pretty comfortable with her range. I unfortunately don't have any recordings. My old band footage was damaged in a move. The only thing I have is a musical I performed in and it is on DVD - still in a box somewhere from moving lol. Sorry no music recordings :(

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Thanks! When practiced I can get down into two octaves below middle C and as high as an E6. At my most practiced I was singing a lot of material from phantom of the opera. In my cover bands I did a little bit of everything but my favorite was always covering Amy Lee from Evanescence. My range is pretty comfortable with her range. I unfortunately don't have any recordings. My old band footage was damaged in a move. The only thing I have is a musical I performed in and it is on DVD - still in a box somewhere from moving lol. Sorry no music recordings :(
That's a pretty sultry tessitura range, and I've always enjoyed Lee's singing.

You mentioned Mario Kart as a pick-up game. I do a lot of side-gaming in the co-op arena, including FPS like Left 4 Dead or Vermintide (loving Titanfall 2 atm), 3rd person like World War Z, or some top down classics. Are there any co-op games you play?

I also noted No Man's Sky. I filtered towards Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen as my vast universes of choice. Have you ever tried Elite: Dangerous? What drew you to No Man's Sky?

Last edited:
I have done a lot of first person shooters including Left 4 Dead, most of the CODs, most of the Halos. I have also enjoyed Borderlands! Most of my co-op playing I do anymore is Board games/table top :D

I have never tried Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen.

No Man's Sky was a Game I was interested in when the concept ad was shown at G4 but then I got busy and forgot about it lol. Then my friend, Valil, gifted it to me. So, I started playing. I love anything with space - huge sci-fi nerd here!

I think Lilly and I had to do a bit with the Nomanski. :)

So what she's not told you yet about is when she got Rickrolled by her hubs at the wedding. heheh

Fhaol

Promoter
Love your zombie plan...I lopve women who can sing in the lower ranges like Lana Del Rey and cant stand scemo like whitney houston...just MHO. If I missed it sorry but do you play instruments too?? I play ESO a lot . Does hubby play? I also made the foray back into FOS after years away with Destniy2..have you tried or like that type??

I think Lilly and I had to do a bit with the Nomanski. :)

So what she's not told you yet about is when she got Rickrolled by her hubs at the wedding. heheh
LOL thanks Magus. I am gathering that this requires further explanation.....my hubby decided to say the words to "Never goona give you up" as his vows at our wedding. It was said seriously and it took people a bit to catch on but once they did a roar of laughter ensued lol. It was great. As I am a personality type that likes to entertain my wedding had to be entertaining for us and our guests. It was great!! - Lord of the Rings/literary and general nerdiness themed wedding BTW :D

Love your zombie plan...I lopve women who can sing in the lower ranges like Lana Del Rey and cant stand scemo like whitney houston...just MHO. If I missed it sorry but do you play instruments too?? I play ESO a lot . Does hubby play? I also made the foray back into FOS after years away with Destniy2..have you tried or like that type??
Thanks! Yeah I blame the years of smoking for giving me a lower range haha because I started as a first soprano when I first started taking vocal lessons in elementary school - Lana Del Rey is a great singer. I dig most of her stuff.

And yes I do play instruments too. I am a classically trained pianist and composer. I have been playing piano since I was in 4th grade. Then taught myself how to play guitar in middle school because I wanted to rock lol. Then I found out that I could play keyboards in metal bands!! Which was the best and made for some super creative music writing :D

Unfortunately hubby doesn't play online or social games. He is quite introverted and prefers to play console games solo. He actually doesn't understand why I love MMOs so much lol. My hubby along with several of our friends play Destiny 2 but I haven't played.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Heya Neurogirl!

Glad to see your app and that you're already getting a lot of responses.

Lat us know when you're online and we'll get you into the FFXIV FC on Siren so you can meet us!

Fhaol

Promoter
Yea I don't think there is anyone I love all of their stuff lol..I'm gonna throw out the first YES!!! for over all attitude. I know its fast but I'm getting good vibes.

I dig most of her stuff.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Whelp, if you can stand the unique brand of nerd that sticks to a game like Elite Dangerous, and if you like actually FLYING your ship, and you like long, drawn-out but not complicated tasks with huge rewards, it might be for you.

And it appears to be on sale for 79% off for me in US $6.35, but I would warn you that this has the Minecraft opening in that they don't tell you NEARLY enough to get going. If its something that might interest you in the future, read this first, and we'll be happy to welcome you aboard. I've purchased though Game Billet quite a lot in the last year too.
--- Shameless plug complete ---

I've actually never played NMS, and some day need to learn more about it.

In the mean time, if you get in a game with UEYs, especially your three applicant games, make sure you pester them to drop by and leave a comment. Its their single remaining Unrepentant duty after application to say will toast/won't toast with new apps, but we're (me especially) a lazy lot.

Heya Neurogirl!

Glad to see your app and that you're already getting a lot of responses.

Lat us know when you're online and we'll get you into the FFXIV FC on Siren so you can meet us!
Thanks for the invites. It was nice meeting a few of you last night. Can't wait to meet more of you in the future :D

Top Bottom