App: Mobinator - Neverwinter (0/3)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
How was Scotland? Are you travelling on business? Or is there a little pleasure mixed in there?

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
Oh I used to dream of having grey hair...you lucky lucky b*****d! (yes just rewatched Life of Brian)

You have a year or two on me but only a couple; my bro is also a member and he might be older than you!

We both played Zork and First Edition D&D; met GG at a convention in the late 70s I think/maybe early 80s. To play Zork we had to get the bus in to our nearest big town and sneak in the electronics shop and pretend to be interested in the computers...as my brother is older he bought the first computer we had at home, a Sharp MX80K I think it was? With asteroids on it.

I'm in England so wave when/if you go past, nearish Bourneville if that's the same chocolate company?

Given your early interests in D&D/Fantasy, tell me your favourite fantasy authors which pre-date 1980 (no votes for Tolkein, too obvious) then your favourite fantasy of the last 10 years.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Given your early interests in D&D/Fantasy, tell me your favourite fantasy authors which pre-date 1980 (no votes for Tolkein, too obvious) then your favourite fantasy of the last 10 years.
That's actually kind of tough, had to go and look to see when some of this stuff was originally printed.

Roger Zelazy - Amber novels, which are still some of my favorites
Terry Brooks - Original Sword of Shannara
Piers Anthiny - though most of the stuff I read of his came later, Thieve's World books were awesome
Michael Moorecock - The Elric books also have a special place in my heart, especially the comic adaptations with P. Craig Russell
Philip Jose Farmer - Riverworld series
Fritz Leiber - Grey Mouser and Fafhrd are classic
Robert Howard - Conan
H. Beam Piper - Fuzzy novels, not sure if those count as fantasy
T.H. White - can't get more fantasy than Arthur and Merlin

Wow that list turned out to be longer than I'd thought. Obviously Anne Mccaffrey was big then as well, L. Sprague Decampe and Ursula K Leguin, but I never really got into their stuff.

Now you wanna talk post 80's and that list is going to balloon.

Hello LaughinJack,

Actually it's a bit of both, but Scotland and the Isle of Sky was a bucket list item for sure. Amazing country to visit if you ever get a chance. Now in Germany (Bavaria) visiting my old stomping grounds for a bit of vacation (I was actually born in Germany :) ). That said, have a few more days left to eat some brats and drink some beer before flying back home to start the work grind again on Monday. Once I get settled I'll hook up with folks in game - likely around next weekend. Sorry for the delay and looking forward to joining the team.

All the best! Mobi aka The Candyman

I got to spend 10 weeks in small town in Germany near Freiburg back in the 90s. Had a blast playing soccer on the town team and drinking beer. See ya when you get back

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
Boy has this gone cold...Mobi...where are you??

Huntgod - 7 right, 1 I have never heard of but you are so wrong on one of them...I agree with all your subsidiary ones though.

btw I just got in to Miles Cameron Red Knight series, finished book 1 yesterday, waiting for book 2 to arrive. Just the sort of multi-stranded epic fantasy series I like.

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
3 weeks right? Going to have to throw a NO which is a shame...can rescind if the applicant returns.

williamsond

DDO Usurper
yup this one seems to be abandoned at this time No vote for lack of activity but more than happy to rescind if we get some activity.

NO

Wasn't he on NWO last night? Pretty sure I saw Mobinator. May have to check the last log on next time I'm on.

Top Bottom