App: MetalFury - Neverwinter (0/3)

User name: MetalFury

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Sorsha

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I went to Wrestlemania XIX with my friend Eric and his sister. We all got drunk and I ended up sleeping with his sister. I lost two friends that weekend. It really wasthe dumbest thing I ever did.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I worked at Great America my first job ever. We used to have employee nights and I got to ride the rides over and over. It was awesome!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara, Pro Werstling (NES), Street Fighter 2

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
A friend of my friend named Tim. He thought he was a tough guy. They invited him to our 2nd Edition game and he was just obnoxious. He would try and start fights and he had a high pitch terrible laugh.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I trained capoeira for 7 years, I got up to yellow belt before my back couldn't take it anymore.
This is me and my friend Ricardo. I;m the one with the headband. https://www.facebook.com/barricasj/videos/3845532067841

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I looked at other guilds, and this one seemed the one that was the most inclusive. I am pretty new to the game and I am hoping to find new friends.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Do you need to have a certain gear level to be included in guild events? Do you have guild events? What time are most people on? I am in the PST time zone, how about you?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A 2nd edition cloak of plenty, It keeps you warm and comfortable, gives you food, infravision and bonuses to saves.

Fhaol

Promoter
Welcome to the Process..The video link says it's not availiable right now. So do you do anything besides game now?? Play an instrument, be a science nerd?? Good luck and please keep up with your app ..oh and have a great weekend!

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Do you need to have a certain gear level to be included in guild events? Do you have guild events? What time are most people on? I am in the PST time zone, how about you?
No gear level needed unless the actual game content requires it. We game mostly in all USA time zones and we do have a number of members outside the US.

Welcome to the Process..The video link says it's not availiable right now. So do you do anything besides game now?? Play an instrument, be a science nerd?? Good luck and please keep up with your app ..oh and have a great weekend!
Oh I will upload it to youtube and post again. I love astronomy. Have you ever seen Saturn through a telescope? It is life changing!

No gear level needed unless the actual game content requires it. We game mostly in all USA time zones and we do have a number of members outside the US.
Ok great! Thank you! I am enjoying this game a lot. I am a long time table top D&D and Pathfinder player. I started with basic D&D back in the 80s. It is really neat seeing familiar places on the screen.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I am a long time table top D&D and Pathfinder player. I started with basic D&D back in the 80s. It is really neat seeing familiar places on the screen.
I know there are a number of Pathfinder players around here and had some sessions over mumble/discord going at one point (I think). The fact that you started with D&D in the 80's is a plus for me. The 80's is clearly the best decade of the last 100+ years, probably the best in human history to be honest. The dinosaurs may have toped it at some point during their run, they had a lot of time to work with. What are some of your best memories from the 80's?

So here's a quick rundown on the app process. Four votes from officer type people and you are accepted and three is a rejection. Banter on this thread for a bit with us and we will ask random questions to get to know you a little bit and let you get to know us a little bit. We want to play games with people we would like to hang with in real life and we don't care about game skill but rather basic social skill. The app process keeps our community a safe, sane and fun place to hang out. The next thing to do is link up with us in game and on discord to get the process moving quickly. The faster we are able to hang out with you online the faster we approve the app, we mostly just want to make sure you fit in and that you want to be here. We have people playing all kinds of games so you are free to bounce from game to game as much as you like.

What are some of your best memories from the 80's?
The 80s is when I grew up. I have fond memories of waking up on Saturday mornings, poring myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes or Honey Smacks and watching Saturday Morning Cartoons like The Smurfs, The Bugs Bunny and Road Runner Show, the D&D Cartoon. etc. and then watching WWF. I was a huge wrestling fan. I rooted for Hulk Hogan and was in love with Miss Elizabeth! I grew up going to arcades with loud rock music playing, remember those?!?! LOL My favorite arcade game was WWF Superstars and Rastan. I remember going to the theaters to see the rerelease of Star Wars, waiting in line to see the premier of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I grew up in West San Jose, CA in a time when we used to play in the street, get dirty and nearly kill ourselves doing stupid stuff on our bikes lol.

So here's a quick rundown on the app process. Four votes from officer type people and you are accepted and three is a rejection. Banter on this thread for a bit with us and we will ask random questions to get to know you a little bit and let you get to know us a little bit. We want to play games with people we would like to hang with in real life and we don't care about game skill but rather basic social skill. The app process keeps our community a safe, sane and fun place to hang out. The next thing to do is link up with us in game and on discord to get the process moving quickly. The faster we are able to hang out with you online the faster we approve the app, we mostly just want to make sure you fit in and that you want to be here. We have people playing all kinds of games so you are free to bounce from game to game as much as you like.
Cool, Well I am usually available on the weekends, except on game days, I get together with my friends twice a month to play D&D 5e or Pathfinder. in the D&D 5e game we are in Ravenloft, my character is a female half elf assassin named Redd Charmwood. And the Pathfinder game is a gestalt rules mythic game. Its ridiculously OP game. I play a Elf Magus Elderch Archer Archetype. LOL sorry I am rambling. Anyhow I am an open book, Hmmm about me, I am married, no kids, my wife is in my profile picture. We are both big Disney fans, we got engaged at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. I am a easy going gamer geek. I don't get mad at games, and I don't like to get into arguments, especially over something like a video game. I really like what you said that "We want to play games with people we would like to hang with in real life and we don't care about game skill but rather basic social skill." because some players can be very Toxic. I've been playing WoW since Vanilla and I have been around some drama queens believe you me! I'm too old for that stuff. Anyways I am going to leave it off there. MTFBWYA, Ciao!

Krishach

Promoter
We play a number of pick-up multiplayer games, some co-op and some competitive. Among Us, Dead by Daylight, Vermintide 2, Left 4 Dead 2, even some World War Z at this point (and lets not forget my personal fav Helldivers). Do you play any co-op games as well?

We play a number of pick-up multiplayer games, some co-op and some competitive. Among Us, Dead by Daylight, Vermintide 2, Left 4 Dead 2, even some World War Z at this point (and lets not forget my personal fav Helldivers). Do you play any co-op games as well?
No, I don't play FPS games, not really my cup of tea. Neverwinter is the closest I'll get to that type of game. :)

Krishach

Promoter
No, I don't play FPS games, not really my cup of tea. Neverwinter is the closest I'll get to that type of game. :)
They aren't all FPS: Helldivers is top-down twin stick. World War Z is a 3rd person shooter, and Dead by Daylight is a 3rd person survival. Among Us is top down also.

They aren't all FPS: Helldivers is top-down twin stick. World War Z is a 3rd person shooter, and Dead by Daylight is a 3rd person survival. Among Us is top down also.
Cool, I looked them up but I haven't played any of those games. They look neat :)

Fhaol

Promoter
Sp sorry if it is buried in your text but you could come play Elder Scrolls online...maybe even World of Warships :). You're keeping up with the app well good luck! Oh I just saw you mentioned Disney land...is that the original in Anahaim CA or the knockoff in florida lol...JK? I went to the original in the late 60's when the Pirates of the Caribbean ride just came out :)

Top Bottom