App: malkavius - FFXIV, Warframe (if DE ever gets cross-save running), PSO2, possibly Neverwinter (4/0)

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
During some yard I happened to stumble across a yellow jacket nest and discovered that I am allergic to their venom. With any luck, I'll be back on in a day or so.
Yeah we were worried about you. Glad you're okay.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Glad to hear from you, Dude..hope your recovering okay overall, with what happened, really sorry to hear that, Thank you for updating us! rest up :)

@Krishach - I would potentially be down for Magicka at some point. From the way you describe it, it sounds a bit like Helldivers which was (guess what) a twin-stick shooter with friendly fire and where all of your additional equipment beyond your primary weapon and grenades required a correct series of button inputs.

As for the Dresden RPG, we had a guy at one of the stores I used to frequent who "was writing a campaign" for the better part of four months. Sadly, it never materialized. I'm a fan of the series (though I've yet to read Peace Talks despite buying it the day it came out), but the area I live in makes doing any sort of tabletop gaming virtually impossible.

Now... sharing a story. Where to begin? Unfortunately, I can't really share any involving my own character as I have spent virtually my entire gaming "career" as Dungeon Master/Storyteller/whatever you wanna call it. That said, I'll throw out a quick one from the last group I was a part of.

I shall regale you with the tale of The Line of Toro. The group was comprised of myself as DM, my brother, two friends of mine, the wife of one of said friends, and said wife's younger brother. The younger brother in question was something of a social recluse. We knew he was into video games, anime, and other nerd culture so we figured we would try to crack his shell by getting him into the group. At the time, I had no idea how creative this kid would prove to be. He plays a druid named Toro in the first campaign and starts off sort of timidly. About halfway through the campaign he has more or less taken over the role of group leader, surprising everyone. After our first campaign wrapped up, he asks me if I'd be cool with him playing a druid again and having it be a descendant of his character from the first campaign. I tell him to go for it. We go through that campaign and he asks the same question again. At this point, I've become thoroughly entertained by the idea and decide we will go a step further. We go back and forth with ideas and decide that each campaign he is a part of, he's going to continue the line of Toro and be able to draw on the experiences and memories of his ancestors. By the time that group stopped playing, his character was Toro the Seventeenth, a fourteenth level bard. Fast forward to today, he is now DMing for his own group of D&D players bi-weekly.

@Zandar1 - I appreciate it, man. It was a less than enjoyable experience to say the least. I loathe hospital stays.

@Silentgurl - Recovering well for the most part. The swelling and pain around the sting sites is still a bit of a nuisance, but I'll manage. I appreciate the well-wishes.

Krishach

Promoter
haha, it was the predecessor to Helldivers, which I enjoy very much. Same game company. What Helldivers have as Strategems, Magicka has as Magickas; prescripted super spells with an exact combo sequence to activate. However your main weapon is the ability to mix different elements and affects beyond the magickas as well, including using the environment.

Much of the goofyness comes when someone tries to use a magicka gets it wrong, and winds up with a spell that may not be good for the part.

Spell Check: 5 Mistakes To Avoid In Magicka (that you will make anyway)

Last edited:
@Krishach - If that's the case, then I would definitely be interested in playing it. My brother, two friends, and I used to play Helldivers quite a bit on PS4. I managed to snag it when it was a free Playstation Plus game and ended up buying all the additional content for it cuz it was so much fun. I'll see about queueing Magicka up to download within the next couple of days.

Sorry for the delayed reply as well as the lack of Discord activity over the past few days. As I mentioned in the initial application, I recently moved and the new house is in a very rural area. During some yard I happened to stumble across a yellow jacket nest and discovered that I am allergic to their venom. With any luck, I'll be back on in a day or so.
Oof. Glad you're not dead - recover well!
I'm hungry. What's your favorite snack?

@kez.ash Nah, haven't punched out yet. I sort of wished for it for the first day or so, though. As for snacks, probably oranges/tangerines. Though if you're talking snack in terms of junk food snacks, I tend to go for Toblerone or strawberry Pocky.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Tangerines are amazing and if you give me a bag I will eventually eat them all.

Hello to you.. I log on on occasion and will probably say hello to you. Soon very soon..

Krishach

Promoter
YES

Though if you don't kill me at least once in Magicka or Helldivers I will feel irresponsible for saying so.

@Zandar1 - Dude, I love almost anything orange flavored with the exception of orange soda and mimosas. Orange soda just tastes like chemicals and I hate the taste of every champagne I've ever imbibed so mimosa is off the table as well.

@CptSquash - Looking forward to meeting you.

@Krishach - I appreciate the vote. I got Magicka installed last night and look forward to "accidently" obliterating you with a giant flaming boulder.

@tallon - I appreciate your vote as well. Unfortunately, I don't believe I've had much interaction with you as of yet so I can't really add much aside from the fact that I'd love to try TOR again but their download speed via the launcher is absolute garbage.

Learnedhand

Promoter
Welcome to the application process,

Great app. Everything is in order except the avatar. If I dropped an affirmative vote without an avatar, I feel like Arkle would never forgive me... :p

@Learnedhand - It's oddly coincidental that you mention the avatar as I was just thinking about that while reviewing some weld x-rays earlier this morning. Avatar situation fixed. As an aside, all I could think about when your signature loaded was the scene in DBZA where Roshi answers the phone at Kame House and says "Could you speak up? I'm not wearing pants."

From the FFXIV part of this, I've been chatting with Malkavius and he seems like he is a pretty fun guy. Social, funny, friendly and willing to do things with others. Seems like a great combo to me!

I hope you feel better soon @malkavius! I know being stung by wasps really sucks!!! I hope it wasn't too bad.

@Learnedhand - I appreciate the vote, sir.

@Kalaan - Thanks for talking me up, lol. I try. Feeling mostly better, pouring about a half gallon of gasoline into their nest was very cathartic.

arkle

Promoter
Welcome to the application process,

Great app. Everything is in order except the avatar. If I dropped an affirmative vote without an avatar, I feel like Arkle would never forgive me... :p
Hell yes!

arkle

Promoter
Oh i didnt really realise you were in FFXIV, probably because at the time it wouldnt have meant much to me...but i have now been playing the trial for a couple of weeks and will probably stick with it through to end game. Hope to see you in there.

And I like the avatar and the other interaction so...you are in!!

YES

Top Bottom