App: Liriele - FFXIV, Minecraft, Among Us (I play alot of steam games). (4/0)

User name: Liriele

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
FFXIV, Minecraft, Among Us (I play alot of steam games).

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Liriele Celestine

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Dumbest is easily when I picked a very small pepper from a bush of my neighbor's (they offered) and popped it into my mouth thinking there was no harm cause it was super tiny. So so wrong. I cried from the pain. Also stuck my tongue in milk, water, ice cream, anything to stop the burning.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I've only had one job out of college and it's the same job I have now. It's actually a very boring job XD but it's adulting soooo yeah. I work in title insurance (mortgage) and I manage two teams. One offshore and one onshore. The best part of the job is I am wfh for whatever time I want and have a lot of freedom within the job. The worst part of the job is the politics or the super demanding clients.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Zelda because I grew up on it. To the Moon cause it has all the feels. Anything Final Fantasy cause of the stories (10 being my favorite).

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Probably anyone toxic that I've met irl or online. Several people come to mind but mostly just anyone that treats others poorly. Cynthia at the dog park is pretty annoying in general.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have a bunch of titanium plates in my face from surgery. Easily the hardest thing I've went through as an adult. No, the plates don't set off the metal detectors at the airport.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I'm a consistent person in that once I find a community or group of friends, I'm a loyal person. Unfortunately most of the friend circle I played with prior has really went on to play different games other than FFXIV or we're on different schedules, etc (we do things outside of FFXIV now). I'm looking for an active community and new friendships. I play alot of other games, also. HUNT being the latest one I'm addicted to. I am active on a minecraft server with my EU friends.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Is the FFXIV FC more of a raid FC or more casual? How often do you hold events? What is the culture of the FC? Are there any expectations of new members? Sell me on why your FC is the one that beats most others out.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Definitely a map. I'm the most directionally challenged person on the planet. I am constantly lost irl or in games, to which is no surprise to most of my friends XD.

Harplager

Promoter
Welcome to the app process. Stay with it and get to know us.
Do you do owner title insurance, lender title insurance, or both?

Good mornings. I've worked for Fidelity for the past 7 years-ish. We do both owners and lenders. I cover all of California and some nationwide stuff, depending. I manage a team offshore that does easement maps for me and I manage two other teams that does hyperlinking.

Fhaol

Promoter
Hello and welcome to the process muhahah so did you ever find out what kind of pepper you ate ?? Good luck!

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Is the FFXIV FC more of a raid FC or more casual? How often do you hold events? What is the culture of the FC? Are there any expectations of new members? Sell me on why your FC is the one that beats most others out.
I'll start with your questions. While I don't play FFXIV, we are a casual gaming community. Our culture across games is welcoming, friendly and helpful. This doesn't mean we can't be competitive or run hard content in games we play but it isn't our focus. In general we hold events when players want to hold events but it's on them to organize it. Generally this is fairly easy to do if it's a game with some reasonable activity. Our expectation on new and long time members is pretty simple, don't be a dick. No play time requirements and once you are accepted you can come and go as you like and switch games or whatever, just treat your fellow community members with respect. So does this beat others out? It depends on what you want. This application process is just as much about you deciding if this community is right for you as it is us deciding on your application.

Banter with us in this application and meet us up in game or on Discord and this app process will go quickly (it can go slow if we don't see much of you at first). There will be a bunch of silly questions meant to determine if you are somebody we would want to hang out with in general. Four officer votes is accepted and three is rejected.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I've only had one job out of college and it's the same job I have now. It's actually a very boring job XD but it's adulting soooo yeah.
What was your major in college? Was this the sort of job you went to college for?

Hello and welcome to the process muhahah so did you ever find out what kind of pepper you ate ?? Good luck!
Yeah I had to look for it again this morning to remember the name but it was a Thai Ornamental Hot Pepper. Around 50k-100k on the scoville chart.

Attachments

I'll start with your questions. While I don't play FFXIV, we are a casual gaming community. Our culture across games is welcoming, friendly and helpful. This doesn't mean we can't be competitive or run hard content in games we play but it isn't our focus. In general we hold events when players want to hold events but it's on them to organize it. Generally this is fairly easy to do if it's a game with some reasonable activity. Our expectation on new and long time members is pretty simple, don't be a dick. No play time requirements and once you are accepted you can come and go as you like and switch games or whatever, just treat your fellow community members with respect. So does this beat others out? It depends on what you want. This application process is just as much about you deciding if this community is right for you as it is us deciding on your application.

Banter with us in this application and meet us up in game or on Discord and this app process will go quickly (it can go slow if we don't see much of you at first). There will be a bunch of silly questions meant to determine if you are somebody we would want to hang out with in general. Four officer votes is accepted and three is rejected.
FFXIV is my first MMO. I tried WoW for a bit but didn't like it as much, but I do have a couple of friends that are back to WoW so that may pull me back. I've done raiding within 14 but as of late with covid affecting my team offshore I've not had as much time to game so when I do play FFXIV in the past couple of months I've mainly crafted for friends or for gil. I'm almost to gil cap, which has always been a goal of mine. My discord is Liriele#2735 or my friend code on Steam (where I am most days) is 849769043. Feel free to add/chat me on either.

What was your major in college? Was this the sort of job you went to college for?
I was a biology major in college. I was going to apply for vet school but changed my mind after having somewhat of a traumatic experience with having to euthanize my cat. I figured out that I'd never be able to do what would probably be required of me to be a vet and then a friend recommended me for the job I'm at now. It wasn't ever supposed to be me sticking with it, but more of having a job to figure out what I wanted to do next after having moved across the country. I started with the most basic entry level there was and sort of worked through all the departments doing whatever they wanted me to do until I worked my way up to management. I love the job and I love the people I work with so I've stayed longer than I ever thought I would but it's worked out for me.

Hi Liriele,

It is a pleasure to e-meet you. Ahh yes, the hot pepper failure. I can speak from experience, it hurts. :) I'm happy to hear you want a consistent group of friends to play with. We have a mix of some pretty hardcore and casual FFXIV players in the U. We are on quite often and love to run content with each other. We have a few people who run in static raids and a good group of people who play all the time, excluding static content. We also have a huge amount of casual folk who come and go as the wind blows.

Please feel free to message me in game, on Discord or here on the forums. I'll gladly invite you to the FC so we can play with and get to know you!

I've just returned to FFXIV, and one thing I can say the XIV crowd compared to other games is they are typically quite consistent. As Kalaan said, there's a pretty good spead from hardcore and casual, but everyone is friendly and accepting regardless of what kind of player you are.

Yeah I had to look for it again this morning to remember the name but it was a Thai Ornamental Hot Pepper. Around 50k-100k on the scoville chart.
Mmmm mmmm. One of my local Chinese/Thai restaraunts dry those out and use them in many of their spicy dishes. I used to suck on them after finishing my meal. Sadly, I cannot handle spicy food like I used to.

I have a bunch of titanium plates in my face from surgery. Easily the hardest thing I've went through as an adult. No, the plates don't set off the metal detectors at the airport.
I think I've seen you somewhere before. Is this an accurate photo? :p

Attachments

Hi Liriele,

It is a pleasure to e-meet you. Ahh yes, the hot pepper failure. I can speak from experience, it hurts. :) I'm happy to hear you want a consistent group of friends to play with. We have a mix of some pretty hardcore and casual FFXIV players in the U. We are on quite often and love to run content with each other. We have a few people who run in static raids and a good group of people who play all the time, excluding static content. We also have a huge amount of casual folk who come and go as the wind blows.

Please feel free to message me in game, on Discord or here on the forums. I'll gladly invite you to the FC so we can play with and get to know you!
Ok Ok. I'll look for you later today. My IG name is Liriele Celestine. I usually idle out while working during the daytime.

I've just returned to FFXIV, and one thing I can say the XIV crowd compared to other games is they are typically quite consistent. As Kalaan said, there's a pretty good spead from hardcore and casual, but everyone is friendly and accepting regardless of what kind of player you are.

Mmmm mmmm. One of my local Chinese/Thai restaraunts dry those out and use them in many of their spicy dishes. I used to suck on them after finishing my meal. Sadly, I cannot handle spicy food like I used to.

I'm pretty basic when it comes to spice so I won't be making that mistake ever again ;)

Yes, 100% accurate lol.

I'm very basic with spicy-ness. I won't be making that same mistake again :)

Yes! 100% accurate. Haha~

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Those aren't bad, but I must admit I prefer the flavor of the bird chilis more. I believe what I ate were the ornamental peppers; they reminded me of chiltepines.

Those aren't bad, but I must admit I prefer the flavor of the bird chilis more. I believe what I ate were the ornamental peppers; they reminded me of chiltepines.
Nuhhh toooo spicy. I'm so basic when it comes to spicy foods. Thai medium is too hot for me. The ironic thing was I was just talking to my neighbor over the fence since I love gardening and plants etc and she was telling me about her pepper bush and she picked one off and handed it to me, not ever expecting for me to pop it into my mouth. It was so tiny though. I didn't think it would be that hot. She felt bad, she brought me food gifts a few days later and apologized. She's a very kind lady, just stay away from her chili pepper bushes.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Nuhhh toooo spicy. I'm so basic when it comes to spicy foods. Thai medium is too hot for me. The ironic thing was I was just talking to my neighbor over the fence since I love gardening and plants etc and she was telling me about her pepper bush and she picked one off and handed it to me, not ever expecting for me to pop it into my mouth. It was so tiny though. I didn't think it would be that hot. She felt bad, she brought me food gifts a few days later and apologized. She's a very kind lady, just stay away from her chili pepper bushes.
Try the Chinese long green peppers, Japanese shishito peppers, or American serano peppers. Great, unique flavor and a fraction of the heat. Also, remove the white ribs inside the peppers before use. They seeds do not contain heat (myth) but the ribs contain almost all of it.

Try the Chinese long green peppers, Japanese shishito peppers, or American serano peppers. Great, unique flavor and a fraction of the heat. Also, remove the white ribs inside the peppers before use. They seeds do not contain heat (myth) but the ribs contain almost all of it.
I've had the shishito (sp?) peppers but to me they didn't have much heat at all to them? I, also, thought the seeds were where the heat came from but it makes sense that the rib would contain it. The few times I've handled jalapenos I've learned to wear gloves because the first time I used them in something I cut them and rubbed my eye and burned myself. I'm a little bit of a meme.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
I'm into (fairly) hot peppers. I thought I was in the deep end of heat, but (before COVID-19) the guys in my new office were super big into chilis and really GOOD tasting hot sauces. Despite the flavor some of them brought some serious punch, and I learned that I was not... We tried the sauces and the pepper fruits straight and whole. I wasn't even in the top 5, and some of those guys look like they didn't feel it. I sweat through it but the flavor is (usually) still worth it.

Hottest sauce I will eat again and enjoy: Last Dab Scorpion Edition. Sauce I enjoyed the taste of while I could still taste and will never eat again because I hallucinated: Dragon in the Clouds, Last Dab Pepper X edition. Don't even talk to me about the hotter ones.

We have a hot-sauce thread that includes some of your preferred range, if shishito's weren't bad for you.

I'm into (fairly) hot peppers. I thought I was in the deep end of heat, but (before COVID-19) the guys in my new office were super big into chilis and really GOOD tasting hot sauces. Despite the flavor some of them brought some serious punch, and I learned that I was not... We tried the sauces and the pepper fruits straight and whole. I wasn't even in the top 5, and some of those guys look like they didn't feel it. I sweat through it but the flavor is (usually) still worth it.

Hottest sauce I will eat again and enjoy: Last Dab Scorpion Edition. Sauce I enjoyed the taste of while I could still taste and will never eat again because I hallucinated: Dragon in the Clouds, Last Dab Pepper X edition. Don't even talk to me about the hotter ones.

We have a hot-sauce thread that includes some of your preferred range, if shishito's weren't bad for you.
smh @so hot you hallucinated. I'd tap out. hehe.

I think I read someplace though you can acclimate yourself to be able to eat hotter ones and go up the scale. Not that I would ever :)

Oh you can totally acclimate yourself to eat nuclear hot peppers. My grandfather was able to eat these little peppers he grew in his garden like they were candy. Every other person who tried one said they felt like they were close to death after trying just a bite.

Top Bottom