App: LargeLeon - Neverwinter (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Thorfin Battlefate

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Got real drunk and stoned then went out on a roof of a building at Universal Studios then got lost on the rooftops.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Owning my It consulting company is the coolest. The worst was making sandwiches in college at a sandwich shop.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Injustice, Hydro Thunder, Galaga

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My father in law who is rude to restaurant servers and that pisses me off.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I collect spores, molds and fungi. I also have a HUGE (200+ board game collection).

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Looking for fun people to play with.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
-

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A naked picture of himself in a sexy position. The old man winks at me.

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Yo Leon. Welcome to the app process! Just a heads up, the app process is really the only thing taken with some seriousness around here; we're a community of friends first, and the fact that we all enjoy gaming is secondary. Stay active in the app, chat folks up in game and all that. You'll probably be asked to expand your application answers a bit too, like explaining why those three games are your go-to games. Get yerself an avatar. Someone from Neverwinter will probably pop in here eventually to go over that stuff.

Now, as far as the getting drunk and stoned and wandering around rooftops...good shit, that. Also, may I call you Egon? Maybe Dr. Spengler?

Learnedhand

Promoter
Hi Largeleon,

Welcome to the application process. To join us in Neverwinter, you should join our custom chat channel in game by typing /channel_join uey. Once you're on the channel, introduce yourself as a new applicant and ask for a guild invite. Any member can hook you up. Don't forget to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page, so that we all know who you are. After that, activate the guild boons of your choice and start hanging out. Hope to see you in game.

thanks so much. i look forward to it. i'm not an every day player as "life happens" :)

i used to play a lot of WoW, DAOC, CoH, SWG. Then UnrealTournament and CounterStrike. Took a few years off from gaming due to kid, but she's older now and i miss playing. Starting with Neverwinter and looking foward to Camelot Unchained

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
You're going endanger us, you're going endanger our client. The nice lady who paid us in advance before she became a dog.

williamsond

DDO Usurper
thanks so much. i look forward to it. i'm not an every day player as "life happens" :)
Hi there how you finding things so far? Are you having fun with the NWN guys, have you managed to catch up with them in game yet etc?

How did you pick LargLeon?
I am not a guy of small stature, so my one of my friends grabbed my sides and quoted Airplane by saying "And Leons getting larger". It just stuck. (plus my middle name is Noel (Leon backwords) so i liked it as well).

Hi there how you finding things so far? Are you having fun with the NWN guys, have you managed to catch up with them in game yet etc?
I haven't been able to play with everyone yet. Everyone does level 70 missions and i just reached level 70 late last night. i hope to start grouping tonight or tomorrow for some guild missions.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
leon has been really active in guild chat and has been a nice addition so far. now that you have been in guild for a little bit do you have any observations or favorite things about the guild yet?

leon has been really active in guild chat and has been a nice addition so far. now that you have been in guild for a little bit do you have any observations or favorite things about the guild yet?
I do like that something is always going on and people are willing to help. i even got some donations while i have been grinding up.
Banter is a little light to my dismay, but needed i am sure.

I do like that something is always going on and people are willing to help. i even got some donations while i have been grinding up.
Banter is a little light to my dismay, but needed i am sure.
I take it back. Chat was busy tonight, it was great. Teamed up with JackKeroack (sp?) and he gave me a primer on things i didn't learn in leveling up.

I ran with Thorfin for a few hours just now and we hung out in Discord. He's a really cool cat and an experienced MMO player as well as paper D&D player for years. We chatted about playing WoW, SWTOR and more while he enlightened me to an MMO he plays called something of Camelot... the full title escapes me at the moment. Could you elaborate on this game? I'm into checking it out for sure. He really digs NWO and I showed him how to advance through campaigns, figure out currency and balancing a character. You know; the things you all were nice enough to show me when I first started which were incredibly helpful. It's mind bending as a new player speaking from experience wrapping your head around it all. He was intrigued with our application process and stated that he hates guild drama and really has been in one guild his whole MMO career other than playing with pals. My man sounds like a really cool cat who's friendly as well as easy to chat and hang out with. He's eager to dive into NWO and we even talked about putting together our own little PVP duo once he gets his legs under him (and mine as well lol). I'm not a multi gamer myself but Thorfin digs our cross gaming environment and expressed interest in sharing his gaming environments with ours. I've seen him engage with all of us in UEY chat in game, but this was the first time he met any of us via voice chat. Yep! It was me :p I'm no officer but I think we got a keeper here who's cool and wants to learn the game like I did/do and willing to contribute. I played as Elb since our IL's are the same and we melted Dread Ring like grilled cheese together. If my non officer vote counts for anything I'ma go YES. Cheers Thorfin and keep up with the app process. I'm hoping we get to investigate the PVP side of things here together at some point.

Last edited:
Yeah, i used to play Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC) a lot. It is 'kinda' relaunching as Camelot Unchained in a year or so. Alpha testing going on right now with beta, possibly, next spring. http://camelotunchained.com It's a Realm v Realm (RvR) MMO with three sides instead of the standard 2 like StarWars or WoW. I like the three sided RvR in PvP as it creates more competition instead of the standard us v the other guy. Crafting is also good with some of the best stuff coming from crafting rather then missions (at least it was like that is DAOC).

Harplager

Promoter
Well, I came here to see if your name was based on Airplane. Not disappointed.

Doyler likes you, Jak likes you, and Learned likes you. I like this app and the banter. I'd like more comments in here, but your energy seems to be in game and I understand that "life happens". So I'm going to listen to people smarter than me: the ones that have played with you.

Voting YES. (I changed the font and can't figure out the default. You get comic sans).

Voting [FONT=&quot]YES[/FONT]. (I changed the font and can't figure out the default. You get comic sans).
At least you didn't use Avatar font

Last edited:
Top Bottom