App: Kramnought - Neverwinter and possibly ST:TOR and GW2. (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter and possibly ST:TOR and GW2.

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Kramnought

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Well I'm a little too cool to be embarrassed :p
So that leaves space for a lot of dumb and hopefully funny. Too many to remember but I'll give it a shot.

Oh, got it. Yeah the dumbest will definitely have to be around 5 years back tops.

Riding my old bike through slow traffic, and I felt a rush and opened the gas. I must have flown through the next 50 meters as if everyone was standing still, with rear view mirrors almost brushing my nipples in every overtake at that point.

Luckily, for what sounds like a small distance, nothing happened and I went through them like some possessed adrenaline madman (the road was also bending... I don't know what I was thinking apparently I wasn't). I think I stopped a short distance later heart pumping all over the place to ponder on my stupidity and how lucky I was. Needless to say it was the last time I let a "rush" get the better of me.

Funniest is, well... wow. Even harder to think of. I don't know. Laughs seem so common sometimes I forget half the time of specific events. Hmmm. I should do something about that.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I can think of a couple, but to keep it short without being short myself I'd have to say that working from home is the coolest job I had, although not as easy as it sounds unfortunately and quite on and off sometimes :/

But when things roll right, its a blast. The reason is simple, I get to work in my line of expertise and what I am good at doing, at my own pace and time schedules, and can take a day off whenever I see fit :)

Worst will have to be a call centre for just over a month. What's to say? I was that guy calling you to sell you internet provider packages that everybody loves to hate :p

By far the worst. Needed the cash and shortage of jobs thanks to the economy here got me doing it. I was out in just over a month. Worst part about it is I started seeing myself become too cynical and slight transformations started taking place...

I actually caught myself becoming a "I don't care about you just buy the product" salesman and I was starting to get good at it. At which point I was like heeeells no, I ain't gonna be that guy no matter what the economy is like.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Just three? Ok, I'm going to have to pick from a number but here goes :)
Mick and Mack Global Gladiators.
Street Fighter 3.
Quake 3.

Feels and nostalgia mostly.
Mick n Mack will have to be for me the epitome of the retro games I played when young. Sure I liked other titles better and a lot more, but it was among the very few that had mechanics and reflexes that stand the test of time and don't result in those other classic cheap tricks games had back in the day. I actually popped it on again some weeks ago.

SF3 because its probably among my fondest memories growing up in Australia and well, I was really good at it. Definitely the best FG experience to date.

Quake 3 because it actually feels timeless. A gem of reflex based fps arena gaming. And that rail gun? Come on, I can play hours on end just with that weapon alone.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Considering that annoying people don't come in shortage, I usually wipe such experiences clean as much as I can so as not to drag me down. But, a few do end up pulling through the test of time as truly annoying.

Old buddy from my army service (mandatory service for 1 year over here).

Man, its the only person I even blocked on social media.

Reasons? Both into game development. I was far better than him in every aspect at the time, graphics, design, and everything else pretty much. And rightfully so, I had started working on this since I was 15.

Regardless, being always the one that supports the other person in something you both love doing, trying to give pointers once in a while so as not to sound condescending and most of the time spend your feedback in being simply positive and the "great works" and "awesome, keep goings" never stop, and in all that being confronted by a response filled with constant jealousy and competitive attitude (of the ugly kind) that is always trying to demean you and never gave you any positive feedback (even though they wouldn't dare accomplish half the quality you accomplish) gets a little tiring.

Five to six years later and you can imagine how tiring it gets. To the point that you slowly phase them out.

The most annoying part was during the phase out, giving that person constant opportunities to reconnect, only to see that some people never change and they only want people around them to make themselves feel better no matter the cost as opposed to simply being a friend. And that was the end of it.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Crap... That is actually a hard one since I like to make games :/

Ummm, well I don't know what is cool or not, so I will go by what others praised as cool. My art :)

http://jim-soufrilas.tumblr.com/
Thats a link to my tumbr with both digital paintings and concepts of mine as well as some older traditional art too.

Also (I know I am cheating, but hey it excites me so I thought I share it too) this is a trailer to a game I am making all on my own :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FxVElYHCuc

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I didn't even know this was a thing. Was just looking at guilds in Neverwinter. And then I read the page. And well, I was sold!

I like my gaming communities to be more than just people we play online with (although sometimes this is very hard due to my location, and even so two local friends I know I met them online through my partner who also plays games).

And that is really what I look for in a guild to begin with really. A chill friendly community that we can just play free of any rules and guidelines and not as impersonal as most online gaming has become. Last time that happened I made a friend from overseas that we still keep in touch with each other even after 10 years! Despite the fact that we have not played a game together for over 5 years and more.

So yeah, I had no idea this was a thing. But coming across it I was thinking that hey, this is actually just what I want!

Also, on a last note, I much rather prefer older gamers being myself 32 (soon 33). Different level of communication and less Chuck Norris facts flying around is always a plus.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Well, my questions will probably be a little weird. Especially since the site pretty much covers all the most important points.

Do you guys do get-togethers IRL?
And is this a prerequisite of being part of this community?

Reason I ask is, well if the location helps then I am all for it, I actually look forward to it. But, as my location is currently Greece, you can imagine it would be kind of hard for IRL "content" and I was hoping this wouldn't be some prerequisite or issue.

Another is, the mumble I noticed mentioned on the site. Is it mandatory? I am usually microphone shy till I get to know some people a little first (though I am working on it with large fast strides). Would that be a problem if I settled into it at a slower pace instead of diving headfirst into online chatting as well?

I could probably think of a couple more but I think those are the most important ones :)

Oh, yeah, I was curious. Did I write too much? lol. I usually need someone to tell me to shut up before I do so.... let me know if my walls of text are a little overboard :D

Edit: oh, one last question. I also play Warframe, but I am running my own guild there with friends and family. I see you have Warframe here too? Since I can't leave that guild (holds too much personal value to me, I even sat there to design Clan logos dojos etc) do you provide the option for an Alliance?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A map and directions to the next safe place, tavern hopefully, and a referral, where you would most likely meet other adventurers and even friends from this wise old man that would see to the adventure with you.

You need not worry to go alone at that point :)

Hey, if he has a grey crooked hat too you never know, he might even have you cross paths with some strider or other ;)

Oh... right. Its a cave. Can he cheat and send me away to find a party and then return? If not, then a cell phone with his number to make the loneliness go away. (Sorry, been working all night can't think of anything cool at this point, like I don't know a spell that summons a firebreathing dragon or something)...

Heyas and welcome!

There have been get togethers over the years. Some fairly large, others just a handful of people. They are in no way mandatory, just an opportunity to get together and chill over some adult beverages.

Mumble also is not mandatory, but it allows for better communication when doing dungeons and such. There are members that use Mumble to listen and use it's text to speech format. But, more often than not, Mumble is used to just chat and socialize while playing. Heck, you don't even have to be playing the same game.

It's pretty cool that you shared a link to the game you are making. Have you worked on any major game labels and what made you decide that you wanted to start making games?

Thats' cool :) Yeah having a way to chat amongst each other regardless of games being played is always nice.

Nah, nothing too big yet. Again location doesn't help. Worked with some teams on some mobile games that I am not too keen on advertising (really didn't like the games at all to be honest but it was like an entry thing for me to the team and I was doing the graphics). At some point I guess I just got tired of all the "you get paid when we do" teams out there and figured if its for free I could be spending that time working on games I agree to and my own ideas. (Unless of course some team comes along that actually has an idea I would love working on and believe in).

As funny as it may sound, I actually wanted to make games since like 10 or younger. From as small as drawing up platform levels for imaginary games in the early days to 3D modelling later on etc. Got really serious about it the last 7 or 8 years though, I'd say the rest of the time I was honing my skills and learning as much as I could before I would be comfortable enough to take on projects and get myself out there.

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
Re: Warframe, you'd be welcome to play with us but I'm not 100% sure of the logistics of an alliance. We'd have to look in to that.

You mean how it works or how to put an alliance together, costs, etc?
Yeah wish I could help. Most I've done is just create one just to see if I could with nothing else to it so I'm really not sure about the details :(

Was curious, (see I knew I could come up with some more questions if I went to rest for a bit and woke up fresh :p ) aside from the application form here on the site, was there also some other place I need to say hello or introduce myself to get to know people here? Or maybe just online in the game? :)

Just checking I have my I's dotted and my T's crossed is all :D

(I'm sure once I get more coffee in me I might think of more to ask, lol. Its actually night here now, but working with clients from Europe to America and back has me sleep all around the clock. Goodbye to healthy sleeping hours for the last 3 years)

Gwynn

Community Officer
Was curious, (see I knew I could come up with some more questions if I went to rest for a bit and woke up fresh :p ) aside from the application form here on the site, was there also some other place I need to say hello or introduce myself to get to know people here? Or maybe just online in the game? :)

Just checking I have my I's dotted and my T's crossed is all :D

(I'm sure once I get more coffee in me I might think of more to ask, lol. Its actually night here now, but working with clients from Europe to America and back has me sleep all around the clock. Goodbye to healthy sleeping hours for the last 3 years)
Yep! You'll want to join our custom chat channel in Neverwinter and tell folks you're an applicant. Ask for a guild invite, and be sure to put your forum name in the Member Comment section. To join Uey chat, type:

/channel_join Uey

in the in game chat box

To put your forum name in the member comment, hit G, then select the roster tab and type your forum name there. There won't be a place to hit enter or anything, just type it there and we'll see it.

Welcome to the application process, I look forward to meeting you in game!

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
kram joined the guild tonight i was really busy with dinner and stuff so i did not get a chance to chat. lets get some runs in for you

kram joined the guild tonight i was really busy with dinner and stuff so i did not get a chance to chat. lets get some runs in for you
Yeah its completely ok, I was making chicken nuggets myself and was coming and going from the pc :D
A client also turned "deadline" yesterday so I will be a litte less active for around a couple days. Will be logging in for the daily dungeons if I can and hopefully by tomorrow if not the day after I will be back to form.

p.s, that avatar, omg, its ridiculously awesome, hahaha

Red Devil

Guild Leader
Hey there neighbor, nice start of your app. And yea, your avatar rocks :) A tip: mumble is the best way to know people and people to know you. Don't be shy, we don' t bite ... much :) I saw, you grow up in Australia and can't hold myself ... Do you like Foster's :D

Hey there neighbor, nice start of your app. And yea, your avatar rocks :) A tip: mumble is the best way to know people and people to know you. Don't be shy, we don' t bite ... much :) I saw, you grow up in Australia and can't hold myself ... Do you like Foster's :D
Ohoy neighbour :) I wasn't too keen on beer at the time (left Australia at age 20 so that counts up to a total of 14 years and something growing up there) but I think it was definitely better than the other ozzy standard of VB (Victori Bitter) whenever we would enjoy a good barbecue :) Not sure VB is actually even Australian, but it was the second standard.

Best beer I ever drank I think was some Austrian one back over 10 years ago from some German and Austrian tourists here in Greece that we hanged out with for some weeks. Man, that thing was heaven! Changed my opinion for beer forever. Been tasting beers for a while now looking for something to live up to it, but to no avail :p

Well if there is only a little bit of biting involved I think I can be on board :D (I'm afraid though... I might like it >.< )

Will see to that mumbling process right away.

Back, should be a little more free now and just in time for the weekend.
Looking at this whole mumble thing now to see how to get it to work.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
if you are having issues getting mumble going grab one of us in game we can prolly help you get rolling

if you are having issues getting mumble going grab one of us in game we can prolly help you get rolling
All gud ;) Well, I think. i figured how to enter channels and all, so the rest will come I assume :D
I forgot the name of the person that helped me (I think I can remember it when I see it) as I am still trying to get to know you all.
My online times so far aren't helping I see people coming as I am going :p
Well, my online time this whole week has been completely weird actually. Anyhoot.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
Got kram in some group action this afternoon. it was tons of fun i look forward to him hitting 70 for some end game fun.

Red Devil

Guild Leader
I noticed kram is quite active at the in-game chat and I saw him in mumble also. As we din't have a chance to talk, hope he enjoys NWO so far. I think he is a good person, looking forward more interactions, to prove that.

So kram how do you like us so far, I know doyler is ... a good guy, but still ... :D
You should know, for any issues in game, we blame doyler, as ironzerg is MIA at the moment :D

All gud ;) Well, I think. i figured how to enter channels and all, so the rest will come I assume :D
I forgot the name of the person that helped me (I think I can remember it when I see it) as I am still trying to get to know you all.
My online times so far aren't helping I see people coming as I am going :p
Well, my online time this whole week has been completely weird actually. Anyhoot.
Yeah, it sux that at the time difference can be a challenge for getting to play with other Ueys as often. One thing that you can do however, is if no one is in the NW channel on mumble, then hop into another game channel and introduce yourself.

Got kram in some group action this afternoon. it was tons of fun i look forward to him hitting 70 for some end game fun.
Sure was, for me definitely, I know you are being polite with what was my slow butt for that first half of it all :p
Talk about the irony of yesterday. Here I am already having to slow you all down as it was, and my neighbours buzzes me to help out with her mother that had fallen over. I haven't had much back and forth with my neighbours 2 years now. I finally get a chance to sit and relax in what seemed like a timing moment with the rest of the team and this happens :|
Luckily she was ok and we could continue on with me along side and my awesome pony riding skills :D
Looking forward to it all again and more (well, without afk-ing time delays this time)

I noticed kram is quite active at the in-game chat and I saw him in mumble also. As we din't have a chance to talk, hope he enjoys NWO so far. I think he is a good person, looking forward more interactions, to prove that.

So kram how do you like us so far, I know doyler is ... a good guy, but still ... :D
You should know, for any issues in game, we blame doyler, as ironzerg is MIA at the moment :D
Yeah I am more often than not, hopefully not tiringly active though. Depends on the energy I guess :)
Oh, and unless I am too consumed of what is going on screen and I forget there is a chat there. For which mumble would be a great sub indeed. Couldn't get the overlay to work in NWO for some reason though.

Thanks for the kind words. Really liking you all. Fun active group (and not tiringly active ofc). And with enough humour too from what I sensed and saw but not on a offensive level. It was chill and quite fun.

Doyler (Colin I think yesterday? Or something? I need to make a habit to be checking the account names as opposed to just character names too to get to know you) is the NWO guild leader? Yeah I think blaming goes with the title doesn't it? :p

All I know is that aside from having fun with you all, I was rewarded with mounts as well I would have needed to grind my eyes out for and that for just showing up :) Thnx again guys.

NWO... Almost sounds like we are talking about New World Order :D Gonna need to get used to that, lol.

Top Bottom