App: ironylive - WOW & SWTOR mostly (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
WOW & SWTOR mostly

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
ironylive *same battle.net and Xboxlive*

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
safystunner, grungy, lepz

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Moved to Arizona.... from Seattle.... best and dumbest ever lol summers suck, family here makes it worth every degree of heat!

I have a camel drivers license from Bahrain. - ask sometime long story lol

Launched empty beer cans from a flak launcher off the destroyer i was on in the Navy - too many stories to tell!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Both are actually one and the same. I was a Test Manager at Microsoft in the late 90's early 2000's working in the Games division shipping Xbox (original). Was a blast to work on and build things never built before. But the hours... oh god the hours. I burned to a crisp lol.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Mass Effect (any of the original trilogy) - One of the best story lines ever written for a game, and honestly love a good scifi RPG style game.

Assassins Creed (only up through Brotherhood) - Phenomenal story arc, and great game play. Lost a lot with the subsequent games after sadly.

WoW - it's a standby when I need something to veg on lol Social aspects great, game it is what it is lol.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
<name redacted> but they were absolutely closed minded on anything that wasn't their opinion, and anything that wasn't their opinion was trash, and you were stupid for thinking such, how dare you! I don't mind strong opinions or whatnot, but ugh!

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Have relatives all over the world, spent almost 9 months visiting them across Australia and New Zealand. Have a huge love of travel, miserable at languages, pretty good at asking for where a bathroom, beer and food are in that order though.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
The members I've met in the WoW guild are fantastic people! Had some make a road trip out to visit here in Phoenix which was totally awesome!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
-

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Kick ass wooden sword! I... don't remember why other than it's your first weapon in the original Zelda lol i was like 12!

And by grungy he means me. lmao Also I don't think he knows but Fen, Korisana, and Incometax are also UEY's he knows from WOW guild.

Irony's been with us for a while and we all love him and his wife. Saffy and I drove out to Arizona to hang out with them during baseball preseason. Was a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Been bugging Irony to put in an app to Uey -- glad to see he finally did!

He is an officer for Dazed n Confused -- will drop most anything to help run dungeons or just to help guildie finish a quest. Quick wit and doesn't take it personal when things get crazy!

I think he would make an excellent Uey and hope to see it happen :)

My questions -- If your story was made into a movie -- who would you pick to star as you and what would the title be?

good luck -- stick with it...
Saf

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
glad you got your friend to apply saffy. what other mmo's or multi player games do you enjoy?

Irony has been in Dazed N Confused (WOW) for a while now. He's fun to play with and has a good sense of humor. I feel he would make a great addition to the U from what I've seen to date.

A little riddle for you. No Google. Stay honest :cool:

Who makes it, has no need of it.
Who buys it, has no use for it.
Who uses it can neither see nor feel it.
What is it?

My questions -- If your story was made into a movie -- who would you pick to star as you and what would the title be?
Saf
The Rooster flies at midnight! - Satire spoof - Don Rickles :D - About an intrepid IT security guy that always just misses catching ... anything lol.

Started originally with Asheron's Call. Mostly because I got suckered into internal play testing it working at Microsoft at the time lol. From there, tried EQ for all of 1 month, burned the CD, sprinkled the ashes off a mountain top and prayed never to see it again lol. Went on to Anarchy Online, loved that game wish they'd update the graphics. Tried GW1 for a while, Blackstar Online once in a while, City of Hero's which was a blast but very buggy and bad graphics issues. Looked at Eve and the time commitment and moved right on past lol.

Anymore it's something I can fit in between kid events, getting old gamer belly, the usual lol.

Irony has been in Dazed N Confused (WOW) for a while now. He's fun to play with and has a good sense of humor. I feel he would make a great addition to the U from what I've seen to date.

A little riddle for you. No Google. Stay honest :cool:

Who makes it, has no need of it.
Who buys it, has no use for it.
Who uses it can neither see nor feel it.
What is it?
Coffin :)

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
wait, is evi's status as horde in jeopardy if we vote him in? I'm asking for a friend.

I can break out my horde resto shammy or paladin lol. Neither are 110 though :( sorry

Hey, if Fen and Holli can play Ally for a bit, I can change, if I have to, I guess. :)

Look at it this way Evi, Ally kinda grows on you after a while....pretty much just like mold. ;-)

I started my WoW career as an ally. Now when I play ally, I will walk into Org and wonder why everyone wants to beat me up. I think I have a level 60 dk on hyjal with a few inches of dust on him.
Irony, if you play horde, we have a little guild on Area 52. Just /who bad wolf corporation for an invite. We have cookies, uniforms, and naked greased up undead people running around. Now if that doesn't get your motor going...
Questions...
1. Who/what is your favorite historical person,time period and why? (At least 10 pages and must show all research notes)
2. What is your favorite food/meal to cook? (Yes you are being graded by Chef Ramsay)
3. What is your zombie plan?
Keep checking back here, keep up the banter and you will do fine!
PS...j/k about the 10 pages report. 8 is fine.

Holli...I am disappoint.

Irony, I have a level 7 shaman on Hyjal. I'll see if I can find someone for an invite when I get home from work. Maybe then it will not feel creepy to go to IF.

What kind of pets do you have? Or any stories about pets you've been around?

Favorite historical person..... that is tough! Ptolomy I -founder of the Library of Alexandria is high on the list, Edwin Traisman - inventor of Cheese Whiz (don't judge me! i love a true Philly cheese steak) lol But absolute top of the list is Nicola Tesla as favorite all around :)

Time period - UGH! Late 1700 - Mid 1800's. Why? Because that's when Guinness was founded of course! Also was just a neat time period for architecture, inventions, and general coolness.

Absolute favorite food - Cheese. Like a good triple cream bree, or a hard cheddar, or smokey gouda lol. Meal - breakfast - spinach, egg, tomato, onion, garlic, crushed pepper, and a tiny sprinkle of feta scramble lol. Lunch - Tuna wrap and a bowl of chili (sometimes the simple things are the best things) Dinner - Anything grilled/bbq'd lol

Zombie plan - find someone more out of shape than I am, and run just a little faster :D Rule #1 - Cardio!

Holli...I am disappoint.

Irony, I have a level 7 shaman on Hyjal. I'll see if I can find someone for an invite when I get home from work. Maybe then it will not feel creepy to go to IF.

What kind of pets do you have? Or any stories about pets you've been around?
lol np, i'll try and not be full on AFK this time!

I have a cat...named Shitty. Originally it was Jasmine, but she bitches about everything, and complains constantly. So I started calling her shitty... it's stuck lol. She's awesome though, polydactyl with 7 toes on her front paws :) she sorta uses them as a thumb which is kinda creepy sometimes.

funny story, my dog growing up -Hoser (my family is Canadian/Australian lol) he used to dig holes... like big enough he could stand up in and look over the edge just barely. Drove my mom nuts.

I got a chance to talk with Irony this morning. +1 from me.

I had 2 labs as a kid. Great dogs, but they had the yard looking like a minefield. Was Hoser part lab?

Top Bottom