App: IrishInsanity - Give me options and I'll play. (0/3)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm glad to hear that you are thinking of giving NW a (re)try... and I completely appreciate the desire to get some voice comms going. In my opinion, they make the game a lot more enjoyable. I'm a hamfisted goombah when it comes to in-game text chat. So, I join the guild's Discord channel off and on (as much as I can). We are starting to benefit from having a few other guilds join, too, as the Alliance is now a thing in NW, and we can have team voice chat bringing together the benefits of multiple guilds. I hope we cross paths.

A coupla things caught my eye as I read your app:

130 hours in a month and you want overtime? Are you saying that you want more hours to justify overtime pay? Wasn't sure what you meant. I know that in my business, there's a wonky period where there is a chance that folks can make more money before they get promoted out of hourly pay (overtime is an option) than they do after getting promoted into salaried (overtime work does nothing). So, when they get promoted, it occasionally causes a bit of a festoosh with HR.

You gave us a decent embarrassing story, ... how about one that happened as an Adult?

Maybe I missed it, but I don't know that you got an answer to your question about the whole guild meeting up. I'm not an expert on it, at all... but I think there have been a couple of times where portions of the community have gotten together. But, by no means all of us.

I'm glad to hear that you are thinking of giving NW a (re)try... and I completely appreciate the desire to get some voice comms going. In my opinion, they make the game a lot more enjoyable. I'm a hamfisted goombah when it comes to in-game text chat. So, I join the guild's Discord channel off and on (as much as I can). We are starting to benefit from having a few other guilds join, too, as the Alliance is now a thing in NW, and we can have team voice chat bringing together the benefits of multiple guilds. I hope we cross paths.

A coupla things caught my eye as I read your app:

130 hours in a month and you want overtime? Are you saying that you want more hours to justify overtime pay? Wasn't sure what you meant. I know that in my business, there's a wonky period where there is a chance that folks can make more money before they get promoted out of hourly pay (overtime is an option) than they do after getting promoted into salaried (overtime work does nothing). So, when they get promoted, it occasionally causes a bit of a festoosh with HR.

You gave us a decent embarrassing story, ... how about one that happened as an Adult?

Maybe I missed it, but I don't know that you got an answer to your question about the whole guild meeting up. I'm not an expert on it, at all... but I think there have been a couple of times where portions of the community have gotten together. But, by no means all of us.

No, no. With this company as an already salaried employee since I'm a manager, I work 130 hours a month plus some and I do not get paid for that. I don't do this by will, but by skill. In order to perform certain tasks by making my team proficient at what they do, I need to dedicate my time to the job to make sure they are the best that they can be. I don't get paid for all the extra OT I only get paid for 80 hours solid. I've been a manager for a year now with that company and been there 2 years. An embarrassing story as an adult....hmmm I honestly don't have an embarrassing story as an adult. I'm very strict minded now when it comes to things that I do. How about a funny story? I'll let you choose, I honestly don't have an embarrassing story from my adulthood yet. *21*. I used to play Dungeons and Dragons Online YEARS ago. But this game has always been my favorite. I want my attention to be sparked for a game again and NW is that spark. Why not try to apply for a legitimate guild so that I can eventually run dungeons and do awesome events with a team. Some games are a lot more fun with actual people rather than alone. Personal opinion of course.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
you do know that 160 hours is a normal work month without any overtime. I have not see you in neverwinter have you started playing again

you do know that 160 hours is a normal work month without any overtime. I have not see you in neverwinter have you started playing again
I kinda giggled when I saw this....most of the time being salaried means 50-70 hours a week, give or take depending on the career. Now if you meant weekly 130 hours remember that is almost 6 24hour days straight which I don't think is humanly possible; if you meant 130 biweekly for 80 hour's pay thats not above average

When I was a store planner, we used to work 6 14-16 hour days plus sometimes a half day on Sunday (halfday being 8hours). Granted, we were allotted basically a week off each month (4 days off plus two for travel time coming and going), however that often got *belated* especially at the start of a project.

.........sorry I'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled appness

~Ave

Last edited:
Definitely missed typed. 80 hours every two weeks, I work roughly 100-115-118 hours every two weeks. Based on the week my max hit was 128, this included training plus other supervisors calling off so I had to cover the entire shift plus theirs which could entail almost 17-19 hours. I have started playing Neverwinter, I play a control Wizard he's like level 16-17 right now. I haven't touched NW in 2 days because of sleep deprivation. I've been trying to catch up. Thankfully I just slept for 10 hours, so I feel pretty good.

I kinda giggled when I saw this....most of the time being salaried means 50-70 hours a week, give or take depending on the career. Now if you meant weekly 130 hours remember that is almost 6 24hour days straight which I don't think is humanly possible; if you meant 130 biweekly for 80 hour's pay thats not above average

When I was a store planner, we used to work 6 14-16 hour days plus sometimes a half day on Sunday (halfday being 8hours). Granted, we were allotted basically a week off each month (4 days off plus two for travel time coming and going), however that often got *belated* especially at the start of a project.

.........sorry I'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled appness

~Ave
I regularly work 80 hours every two weeks, but because so many supervisors are leaving the job, I'm in the perfect time frame to be used for coverage. Which has been my life for the last 6 months. I do not know why they are not trying to hire for coverage, but I sent off a pretty meaty email to my boss and his boss for reviewal and hopefully will have a nice conversation on Monday with them about it. There's two new supervisors that were hired on 90 days ago, and when you pass your 90 days you get the actually full time position of sup, they make more than I do right now, and I've been working with the company for almost 2 years now. So I voiced my concern with more or less feelings.

That's a hell of a work week. Sounds like you need little drink a chill out day or two.
You should get into a startup company, they love that insane hours stuff!

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
OK the powers that be can#t get me for this - you mentioned DDO...we do have a DDO community you know...

Back to the app, good work so far and I'm a bit late to this particular party but has no one mentioned the avatar? here we are on page 3 and no avatar? What are we doing?

I suggest an avatar might be the thing to kick this app up a gear.

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
I thought the avatar subtly reminded us of the inherit violence in the system which requires one to work 130 hours in a month without time to play neverwinter with your mates.

Anyone seen IrishInsanity in game recently? It's been about a week and a half on this one - seems to have stalled out.

williamsond

DDO Usurper
much as it pains me this is starting to look abandoned.

No for inactivity

Happy to rescind if they come back.

Top Bottom