App: Insanity - DDO (0/0)

User name: Insanity

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
DDO

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Instagibb

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
physics

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
While I was overseas I was in the middle of a mortar attack, I had been relaxing on my porch smoking a cigar in a Hawaiian shirt and very short shorts. When the attack started I threw on my armor to chill in the bunker. Mid-way through the attack I started really needing a smoke. So I stepped outside lit one up and watched the CRAMs shoot down mortars. There were britts in the bunker with me and they looked outside to see a crazy "Yank" smoking, in armor with a Hawaiian shirt, shorty shorts. Definitely the dumbest thing I've done.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job I've done was sitting in a helicopter doing simulated combat evasion maneuvers while shooting at targets, the ground zooming past, one second you're staring straight up into the sky, next second you're staring straight at the ground lighting up the targets. Worst would definitely be working IT/helpdesk for an ISP, the company was a tech company run by people who had no idea about technology. The final straw was finding a public facing firewall protecting all the voicemail services configured with an allow all rule and zero logging. When I reported it, I was told that it was fine, no one would hack a small company in the middle of nowhere.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Halo CE, Half-life, Crysis 2. I played Halo CE when I was very small and still enjoy it to this day. Half-life I played as a result of playing half-life 2 so I could understand the story better and greatly enjoyed it

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I worked with a guy who from the get go rubbed me the wrong way, I was in the middle of instructing one of my subordinates with tasks that we had to complete and he was continually interrupting me to try and have a conversation with my subordinate, things like "Oh, I havent seen you in a while." "You're looking even more attractive" at which point I told him to buzz off since I was giving my instructions. After I left to repair some equipment, he then proceeded to sit in my work area at my desk while I was repairing equipment, fiddle with and break a circuit I was repairing, knock over and destroy A case I was manually 3d printing. I returned saw the destruction and said "What the ever loving fk are you doing?" He looked at me like I was stupid "I'm just sitting here". I pointed out the destruction. "I didn't do that.", my subordinate then said "I just came in and saw him run it over." I chewed him out and went for a smoke. he was only going to be there for a few hours. Months later he was charged with sexually harassing a female subordinate, I strongly hate this fellow to this day.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have shot a 200 chain of 30mm from a MK-19 in one sitting, I have also hip fired a 249B. I regrettably do not still have either videos but can attach other videos of me shooting big guns or just videos of general shenanigans if you all are curious.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
This community was recommended by physics. After a little light reading in the tavern, I can see why, there are posts on everything from tech issues to guitar music, I even saw a post about a car exploding. I definitely can see that this community is one that is fun with a touch of crazy.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What are the activate requirements? there may be periods of time where I am not allowed internet connected tech and would be unreachable. What is the meaning of life? What is the air speed of an unladen swallow?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Either a computer or a beer, you can do a lot with a computer, infinite entertainment. Same for beer, infinite entertainment.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Hello. I like that you took the time to read around before applying. Welcome to the application process.

Once you become a member, there are no active requirements at all. You have to either actively violate community rules/regs or you have to declare you quit. Otherwise, you're welcome back forever, for whatever.

I emphasize the first because we do ask you stay active during the get-to-know-you-and-us application. The interaction should allow you to see if you like us in person as much as the forums, and likewise for us. If you know you're going to be gone, just let someone know and you're free to resume. Likewise if something happens suddenly and you want to continue, just let us know when you get back. Unfortunately applicants who had no intention of taking it seriously most often just leave without a goodbye, so we have to close them at some point.

We do have plenty of active-duty folks. RL takes priority over any game, so take care of you. We'll be here when you return, even if you found neither computer or beer whilst out.

Last edited:

Fhaol

Promoter
Hello and welcome to the process ( ominous music here). Anyway points for the Hawaiian shirt. Where were you over seas and what branch? My son did Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. Good luck , great app so far!

Hello and welcome to the process ( ominous music here). Anyway points for the Hawaiian shirt. Where were you over seas and what branch? My son did Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. Good luck , great app so far!
I did some time in Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and Army. I love that shirt, any time I could be in civilian attire I was wearing it

Hello. I like that you took the time to read around before applying. Welcome to the application process.

Once you become a member, there are no active requirements at all. You have to either actively violate community rules/regs or you have to declare you quit. Otherwise, you're welcome back forever, for whatever.

I emphasize the first because we do ask you stay active during the get-to-know-you-and-us application. The interaction should allow you to see if you like us in person as much as the forums, and likewise for us. If you know you're going to be gone, just let someone know and you're free to resume. Likewise if something happens suddenly and you want to continue, just let us know when you get back. Unfortunately applicants who had no intention of taking it seriously most often just leave without a goodbye, so we have to close them at some point.

We do have plenty of active-duty folks. RL takes priority over any game, so take of you. We'll be here when you return, even if you found neither computer or beer whilst out.
That's good to hear! Yea I will do my darnest to keep as active as life will allow. It's a pleasure to be welcomed by you folks!

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Tada! My true soul. I was told that I might be horsing around too much
Dad jokes too? Yeah you'll fit right in...

We do a lot of games besides major MMOs as pick-up. I'm particularly fond of co-op. Left 4 Dead, World War Z Vermintide 2, Streets of Rogue, Killing Floor 2, Space Hulk: Deathing, Alien: Fireforce... Even top-downs like HELLDIVERS and Last Stand, make rounds or have some core players kicking around. We're also always looking for good new ones. Do you play any? Any you might recommend?

Hello! Glad to have you, Ken mentioned you applying, and its good to see you found the Uey site, what class are you playing right now in DDO? our group just the 30s, we were doing all wizards and its been pretty fun overall :)

Dad jokes too? Yeah you'll fit right in...

We do a lot of games besides major MMOs as pick-up. I'm particularly fond of co-op. Left 4 Dead, World War Z Vermintide 2, Streets of Rogue, Killing Floor 2, Space Hulk: Deathing, Alien: Fireforce... Even top-downs like HELLDIVERS and Last Stand, make rounds or have some core players kicking around. We're also always looking for good new ones. Do you play any? Any you might recommend?
I am a huge fan of co-ops, mostly since I play them with my brother, I have played both L4D and L4D2, Killing floor 2. I'm A huge fan of Deep Rock Galactic, (its dwarfs in space, fighting giant bugs) recently I've done some GTFO (Spooky AF) and some aliens:Fireteam Elite. A large portion of the games I have are Co-Op and I am always sad when a game should be co-op and isnt.

Hello! Glad to have you, Ken mentioned you applying, and its good to see you found the Uey site, what class are you playing right now in DDO? our group just the 30s, we were doing all wizards and its been pretty fun overall :)
Hi! thank you for the welcome! I'm currently a Dwarf Paladin, I think I'll be pushing for an IntimiTank just because the thought of a small character running up to a monster 3X his size and going "I'm gonna turn your insides into your outsides!" and having the monster get intimidated is funny

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Reading your app, it was the first time in a long-ass time I actually laughed at a story. I was Navy, so I pictured it more like standing on the flight deck smokin a stogie while the CIWS is shooting down missiles or something. Anyway, welcome to the application process, and like Krishach said without really saying is once a Uey, always a Uey. You can take off for seven years to become a cave hermit in the Alps, and we'll welcome you back those seven years later. Someone else might have mentioned it, but they're all knuckledicks and I didn't read their posts. Because they're knuckledicks.

Also, I did some research, and believe I found some footage of you shooting large guns.

Reading your app, it was the first time in a long-ass time I actually laughed at a story. I was Navy, so I pictured it more like standing on the flight deck smokin a stogie while the CIWS is shooting down missiles or something. Anyway, welcome to the application process, and like Krishach said without really saying is once a Uey, always a Uey. You can take off for seven years to become a cave hermit in the Alps, and we'll welcome you back those seven years later. Someone else might have mentioned it, but they're all knuckledicks and I didn't read their posts. Because they're knuckledicks.

Also, I did some research, and believe I found some footage of you shooting large guns.
Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I can confirm thats what I looked like 😂

Story time!
I once was tasked with being the HVT for a joint exercise utilizing the army's helicopters we had there, I was the infamous Horus The Terrorist the only description they got was "Horus" was easily identifiable by his love of Hawaiian shirts, the marines were dropped of and breached my building only to be greeted by this
.IMG_0141.jpg
I honestly have no idea where that horse mask came from but I used it a lot. They removed the horse mask only to find a second mask, I even had a third on like some sort of desert matryoshka doll. It was a good exercise especially in the middle of the Saudi desert. After the marines were extracted the pilots were alerted to a "horse" galloping down the runway and looked down to see "Horus" freed from his bonds galloping along the landing strip. I did have to drink tons of water afterwards since a rubber mask doesn't mix with 120 degree heat.

Last edited:

Duallium

DDO Guild Leader
Welcome to the app process! I think everyone has already said all the basic stuff so won't try and rehash anything there. I'm the current guild leader for the DDO branch so if you have any questions both in/out of game or just see me online, feel free to reach out and say hi! So have you been playing DDO for a while or just getting into it for the first time? :unsure:

Welcome to the app process! I think everyone has already said all the basic stuff so won't try and rehash anything there. I'm the current guild leader for the DDO branch so if you have any questions both in/out of game or just see me online, feel free to reach out and say hi! So have you been playing DDO for a while or just getting into it for the first time? :unsure:
Hi! I’m just getting into it for the first time, I’ve always enjoyed DND and finding out there was a video game version was amazing! I’m still figuring out how stuff works (only just figured out I can prepare spells…and utilize multiple hot bars a few hours ago) my battle tactic of solo charging in and slaying everything on site goes a lot better when I can use my paladin buffs rather then using a pointy stick mixed with unrivaled stupidity. Also…reaper skull quests + fire summons = bad time. I tried doing one solo before I also figured out fire resistance potions are vital and I think I attempted the quest 14 times with out potions, I made it half way through it on my 15th try (was definitely my longest life) but I got did in by traps. Had to stop playing after that.. So yea, definitely a newb here, I’ll try not to hold y’all back however!

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Are there any games you really like without RPG elements? I do Elite, but that may be the most laid-back (read: slow) game of that type I've played.

Top Bottom