App: *HOLD* Tyfanie - Neverwinter for now but also have SW:ToR WoW (0/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter for now but also have SW:ToR WoW

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Tyfaniie

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
None yet

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Just tonight I opened a cupboard and smacked myself in the chin with the corner of the door. My husband stifled his laughter lol. I have a triangle shaped bruise on my chin!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
They are both the same...Mom. It's amazing to watch your kids grow and become their own people.... it's also difficult for the same reasons.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Ultima Online, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Original Sims

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My upstairs neighbor. She annoys me because she acts as though she is above the rules and the queen of the complex. She parks where ever she wants, even with assigned parking and the threat of being towed and throws a fit if asked to move. If someone does something she doesn't like, she calls the manager and tries to get them in trouble. She thunders around and makes as much noise as possible while outside. She really hates being ignored tho, so that's what I do.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I am a Mom and a Wife and a Homemaker and I love these things. They are my greatest pride. I am definitely a throw back in that regard. I love making sure my husband and children... and even my grandchildren are well taken care of and never in need of anything. I take pride in how I keep my home and the meals I prepare. I love the art of canning, processing and dehydrating food. My husband had a heart attack last June and with food alone I have been able to drop his cholesterol and A1C enough that his meds have been removed or reduced by half. His heart health is the best it has been since we have been together (13 years).

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I like the idea that you vet you members. I also like the idea of a cross gaming group of people.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
At this moment I don't have any questions, but if I have any I will be sure to ask.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A kitten!!! Cause it's cute and cuddly... and also a baby dragon in disguise.

I forgot to answer why on the games so if I may...
Rollercoaster Tycoon: because it's one of the first games I really played
Sims: Because I love the idea and the creativity the game allows
Ultima Online: because this is the game that I met my husband playing. It is also the first MMORPG that I ever played.
Thank you! :D

Hi Tyfaniie! Welcome to the app process! We do have a lot of cross gaming. There are a lot of people like me that dabble with new flavors frequently, and people who are pretty dedicated to specific games. I encourage you to stay active here as well as in game so the loosey goosey people can get to know you too.

My dad tried so hard to get me into Ultima but it just never took for me. He still had a private shard he played on just a couple years ago. What do you love about it? you answers my question so let me change it to how did you meet your hubs in game?

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Do you actively play SWTOR? We meet up for operations on Tuesday evenings and sometimes PVP on Friday evenings, feel free to join us if you want.

How old are your kids? Did you take the homemaker role right after they were born or did you shift to to a few years in?

So a few quick things about the app process. You need four officer votes to be accepted, three to be rejected. Our community doesn't center around being a great gamer but rather a friendly and pleasant person to be around. We have members of all ages and plenty of us have kids (myself included). When the app process is completed you can be as involved as you like, you can take long breaks from gaming and come back anytime. During this process though stay active with this thread and try to get online and hang with us in game (whatever you are currently playing) and in voice chat f you want. Being in voice isn't required, some members don't and that is no problem. The app process goes a lot faster if you are active with us over the next 4-5 days.

Gunnr: It's funny, I actually met his step dad first and had been friends with him for about 6 months. Had "met" his mother through his step dad and already called them Momma and Poppa. Then one day this guy, standing in Delucia after a GM event, made me laugh... like deep belly laugh when I was going through some very hard times. He made me laugh more in that one evening than I had in months. We found out later that one of my alternate toons was one of his thief toons favorite targets for stealing regents from. I had an in game business doing house decoration and he hired me to decorate his castle. We spent a lot of time together talking during that process. I had no idea he was the step son of my friend and I was telling my friend about this awesome guy I met.... and they were in the same room! 13 years, 5 kids all grown up and much laughter later... here we are :)
Tallon: My bio sons are (almost) 24 and 18. My step kids are 28(G), 25(B) and 18(G). My grandsons are 6 and 1 with another on the way! When my oldest (bio) was young I worked but I have been an exclusive stay at home mom and home make since my youngest son was born. I have only been in my step kids life for 13 years. I don't actively play SWTOR right now but it is installed on my PC and I could. I will see what I can do about getting a character together to join you for those events! Thank you! I will be around on here and in game as much as time allows.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
By all means, play whatever you want to play, don't feel like you need to join us in SWTOR, just do so if you want to, there are more than enough of us in Neverwinter. Good thing about this community is that you can move to a new game or back to and ld one and have people to play with.

So, which is easier in your experience with kids, girls or boys? In my experience my boy is easier, it's not even close.

Boys!

By all means, play whatever you want to play, don't feel like you need to join us in SWTOR, just do so if you want to, there are more than enough of us in Neverwinter. Good thing about this community is that you can move to a new game or back to and ld one and have people to play with.

So, which is easier in your experience with kids, girls or boys? In my experience my boy is easier, it's not even close.

:cool::cool::cool: Boys, 100% hands down. Girls are too much drama!:p:p lol. I was never a girlie girl either AND I had to fight their mother :mad:on being any sort of influence in their lives. Thankfully some of my influence stuck with the youngest.

I do have a couple questions:
#1 How do I change my avatar?
#2 Is there a certain time of day that most people are on in Neverwinter?

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
To change your avatar go to the home screen of the site and then click on your current avatar, that will take you to a screen to change it. For you second question, I'll let a Neverwinter person answer that but I'm guessing most evenings during prime time.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
we have a very diverse group from all around the world playing neverwinter so there is usually someone on but peak play times are from around 4pm pst to around 9 pm pst. how long have you been playing neverwinter?

Doyler: to be honest.... 2 days. But I played the original back in the day and both my hubby and my youngest son play as well. They play on X Box One so the format is a little different. I have been seeing the game for awhile (months) but just learned there was a PC format.

ok so slightly embarrassed. I spelled my character name wrong in the original app lol. It's the same as my forum name. Tyfanie. No double ii:|

Doyler: to be honest.... 2 days. But I played the original back in the day and both my hubby and my youngest son play as well. They play on X Box One so the format is a little different. I have been seeing the game for awhile (months) but just learned there was a PC format.
ermagawd... I have to ask the question. Did you play original Neverwinter Online on AOL circa 1991 or later?

:cool:

Not on AOL, I lived in Canada at the time but yes... probably later than 1991 tho.

Not on AOL, I lived in Canada at the time but yes... probably later than 1991 tho.
holey crapoley.... it was still going on AOL until 1996/1997.

small freaking world. In the early days of AOL Neverwinter I was an in-game guide. one of the infamous NW's.

After they shut it down, some enterprizing souls re-did the whole game as a online playable version/mmo. I forget what that version was called? It waas not Neverwinter as there were copyright issues.

I wandered into there and mucked aorund for a bit in that later version.

Now, for what its worth... dayum you made my day!!

:thumbup:

:cool:

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
inconnel is so old. Tyfanie have you got an invite to the guild yet?

inconnel is so old. Tyfanie have you got an invite to the guild yet?
Hey Now I am old too! I have grandchildren after all!
No I haven't gotten an invite that I am aware of. I am about to log in now.

Top Bottom