App: GreenDuckGamer - Final Fantasy 14, Minecraft, Rocket League, Star Trek Online, Vermintide (4/0)

User name: GreenDuckGamer

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Final Fantasy 14, Minecraft, Rocket League, Star Trek Online (@ezaviar is my handle on there), Vermintide

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Fiona Duck (Final Fantasy 14), not sure about the others yet.

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
More than once as an adult I've accidentally eaten dog treats without knowing it until it was too late.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job I ever had was when I worked with kids who struggled with mental health issues and behavioral issues. I really felt like I made a difference in their lives. Worst job I had was selling phones, because the boss was awful and treated everyone horribly.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Left 4 Dead (So many great memories playing this, and such a fun game), World of Warcraft (I've played this off and on since Burning Crusade, and I still have a blast with it to this day), and Fallout New Vegas (This game is seriously limitless, and probably my favorite RPG of all time. With mods, it can be anything you want.)

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
This is a hard question to answer, because there's a lot of annoying people in the world, but I guess the most recent annoying person has to be a girl that played D&D in our group with us. She acted like she wanted to play, but then when it came time she had her character simply sit by herself and drink tea the whole time instead of actually doing any roleplaying. She would adventure out and battle some, but as soon as that was over her character would go back to drinking tea in the corner. She also was never prepared on her turn, so we always had to wait for her to decide what she was going to do that turn.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I'm a very proud dad! I love my daughter very much, she is my world! She is 9 years old, and as big of a nerd as I am.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I enjoyed your post that I saw on reddit, and I liked what you had to say here on the website in the Charter and the Rules. I think I'd be a good fit here.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What are some ways that I can be an active member and how can I help out? I'm always looking for ways to stay busy.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
If we're talking about Zelda, he hands me a sword because I have to fight off enemies. But if we're talking about real life I'd like to think he'd give me a cell phone so I could call for back up.

Last edited:

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
If we're talking about Zelda, he hands me a sword because I have to fight off enemies. But if we're talking about real life I'd like to think he'd give me a cell phone so I could call for back up.
So you're more of a Final Fantasy type than a Legend of Zelda type IRL. Got it.

Welcome to the UEY application. This is the only part of participation that is ever mandatory, so please stick with it. You mentioned a host of games to play, including Vermintide (hoping 2) which is a favorite of mine. We also on occasion have done Left 4 Dead 2, Deathwing, Killing Floor 2, and others. Do you play any co-op games that are not FPS? Recently got back into Helldivers, but the friendly fire can be brutal...

So you're more of a Final Fantasy type than a Legend of Zelda type IRL. Got it.

Welcome to the UEY application. This is the only part of participation that is ever mandatory, so please stick with it. You mentioned a host of games to play, including Vermintide (hoping 2) which is a favorite of mine. We also on occasion have done Left 4 Dead 2, Deathwing, Killing Floor 2, and others. Do you play any co-op games that are not FPS? Recently got back into Helldivers, but the friendly fire can be brutal...
Yes, I play Vermintide 2 even though I'm horrible at it haha. I much preferred the first one, but I do play the second one. I'm glad to hear that you guys play L4D2, like I said I love that series, it's so good! Off the top of my head some other co-op games I play include Garry's Mod, Rocket League, Among Us, and Fall Guys. I also play a TON of WoW, and also Neverwinter. I've never played Helldivers before, but it looks interesting.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Coolest job I ever had was when I worked with kids who struggled with mental health issues and behavioral issues. I really felt like I made a difference in their lives.
This is really cool, what age kids did you work with? Did you feel like you were able to see real positive progress in kids you worked with?

This is really cool, what age kids did you work with? Did you feel like you were able to see real positive progress in kids you worked with?
I technically was able to work with kids from age 5-18, but during my time their my kids ranged from about 8-16. And yeah, I saw real progress in some of them, and it made me feel so good helping them grow into the person they became. Most of them came from pretty rough homes, so if I could help ease some of that and help put them on the right track then I felt good at the end of the day. When I had to leave that job for personal reasons, I was heartbroken to leave my clients. I saw some pretty dark stuff somedays, but in the end it was worth it.

Hey GDG, nice to meet ya and welcome to the application process! Please let me know if you want to meet in FFXIV. Happy to invite you to the FC and start getting to know ya!

Easier to respond inline, so here we go! (please expand the quote)

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Final Fantasy 14, Minecraft, Rocket League, Star Trek Online, Vermintide

Great games! I'm a huge fan of FFXIV, it is my go to game. :) Minecraft was great but I don't play it anymore. Rocket League is a blast! I played STO for a few years but eventually lost interest, good game though! I've heard great things about Vermintide, I may have to try it sometime.

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
More than once as an adult I've accidentally eaten dog treats without knowing it until it was too late.

Been there, done that... LOL

Coolest job I ever had was when I worked with kids who struggled with mental health issues and behavioral issues. I really felt like I made a difference in their lives. Worst job I had was selling phones, because the boss was awful and treated everyone horribly.

Mad respect for you on your coolest job! I imagine working with children who have mental health / behavioral issues was not an easy job. This shows a lot about your character as most people wouldn't have the patience to work in this field. I bet this experience has helped you deal with the online gaming community!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Left 4 Dead (So many great memories playing this, and such a fun game), World of Warcraft (I've played this off and on since Burning Crusade, and I still have a blast with it to this day), and Fallout New Vegas (This game is seriously limitless, and probably my favorite RPG of all time. With mods, it can be anything you want.)

Oh Left for Dead.... I played LFD2 way too much. So many good memories from that game. I suppose I could say the same for WoW. Played that waaaay too much but have a ton of good memories and friendships from it. Fallout NV.... best... Fallout... game... EVER! I loved modding FO:NV though mods broke my game so many times.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I'm a very proud dad! I love my daughter very much, she is my world! She is 9 years old, and as big of a nerd as I am.

I love this! I have a 2yo daughter (my first) and I'm learning how amazing it is to be a dad. Congrats on your 9yo nerdling! :)

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What are some ways that I can be an active member and how can I help out? I'm always looking for ways to stay busy.

Are you asking about being active on the applications, UeY community or in the game of your choice?
Application: Just keep responding and chatting with folk and you'll do just fine!
Uey Community: Same as above.

Games: The only game I play that you play is FFXIV. If you log in, I'm happy to invite you and run content with ya. Just play with peeps when you have time and be somewhat social and you'll do great!
A few questions for you now!

FFXIV Questions:
  • What server / shard are you on in FFXIV?
  • What class(s) do you play/enjoy? Do you have a main class?
  • How far along in content are you? Are you caught up or do you need to push through story?
  • Do you enjoy doing 8/24 man raids and roulettes?

RL Questions:
  • Do you like sports and if so, what teams do you follow?
  • What is your favorite food?
  • What is your alcoholic beverage of choice?
  • Do you prefer dogs or cats?
  • Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no and why?
Nice to meet ya and look forward to chatting with you in game!

Hey GDG, nice to meet ya and welcome to the application process! Please let me know if you want to meet in FFXIV. Happy to invite you to the FC and start getting to know ya!

Easier to respond inline, so here we go! (please expand the quote)

A few questions for you now!

FFXIV Questions:
  • What server / shard are you on in FFXIV?
  • What class(s) do you play/enjoy? Do you have a main class?
  • How far along in content are you? Are you caught up or do you need to push through story?
  • Do you enjoy doing 8/24 man raids and roulettes?

RL Questions:
  • Do you like sports and if so, what teams do you follow?
  • What is your favorite food?
  • What is your alcoholic beverage of choice?
  • Do you prefer dogs or cats?
  • Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no and why?
Nice to meet ya and look forward to chatting with you in game!
FFXIV Questions:
  • What server / shard are you on in FFXIV? I am on Siren
  • What class(s) do you play/enjoy? Do you have a main class? I am playing a Thaumaturge. I don't really have a favorite, that's the only one I've ever really played so far.
  • How far along in content are you? Are you caught up or do you need to push through story? I've played before and gotten a decent way into the game, and now I'm restarting. I'm enjoying replaying through the story.
  • Do you enjoy doing 8/24 man raids and roulettes? I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of raids because of anxiety that I'm gonna mess something up. I've had bad experiences with them before.

RL Questions:
  • Do you like sports and if so, what teams do you follow? Somewhat. I mostly focus on Kansas State Football.
  • What is your favorite food? Lasagna
  • What is your alcoholic beverage of choice? Whiskey
  • Do you prefer dogs or cats? It used to be dogs, but I've slowly turned into a cat person due to how easy they are to take care of.
  • Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no and why? Yes. It's meat with bread wrapped around it. It's the same idea as a ham sandwich.

How can I add you as a friend or whatever ingame? So that you can add me in game like you suggested.

FFXIV Questions:
  • What server / shard are you on in FFXIV? I am on Siren
  • What class(s) do you play/enjoy? Do you have a main class? I am playing a Thaumaturge. I don't really have a favorite, that's the only one I've ever really played so far.
  • How far along in content are you? Are you caught up or do you need to push through story? I've played before and gotten a decent way into the game, and now I'm restarting. I'm enjoying replaying through the story.
  • Do you enjoy doing 8/24 man raids and roulettes? I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of raids because of anxiety that I'm gonna mess something up. I've had bad experiences with them before.

RL Questions:
  • Do you like sports and if so, what teams do you follow? Somewhat. I mostly focus on Kansas State Football.
  • What is your favorite food? Lasagna
  • What is your alcoholic beverage of choice? Whiskey
  • Do you prefer dogs or cats? It used to be dogs, but I've slowly turned into a cat person due to how easy they are to take care of.
  • Is a hotdog a sandwich, yes or no and why? Yes. It's meat with bread wrapped around it. It's the same idea as a ham sandwich.

How can I add you as a friend or whatever ingame? So that you can add me in game like you suggested.
Oh nice, you're starting over and in for a treat! Please let me know if there is any content you would like help with / company. I'm more than happy to help! Try not to stress about raids! This is a safe spot, the people from the FC who go with you are just happy to play. We don't demand perfection and we often laugh when things go horribly wrong. I'm totally cool with guiding you through raids and explaining mechanics and such. No pressure either way though! We're just happy to do stuff with FC peeps.

What a coincidence! I also enjoy lasagna and whiskey. I'm 100% a dog person though as I have a slight allergy to cats.

I appreciate your answer regarding the hotdog / sandwich question. Sounds logical to me! LOL

I'll DM you with my FFXIV contact info.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Hey GreenDuckGamer! Zandar here, FF XIV FC leader. I'll catch you in-game so we can get you into the linkshell so you can meet the gang. (Zandar Casseline on Siren. I'm like the 27th or 28th best tank on the server, woo!)

We're pretty excited for Patch 5.4 on Tuesday! If I don't catch you today, I'll look for you then. Let me know if you'll be around, there's 24 hour maintenance on Monday for the patch. Going the Thaumaturge/Black Mage route is fun and it's an enjoyable class at higher levels too, I play it myself.

We do have an STO presence as well (both Federation and Klingon) and you'll want to talk to @ObiWanJabroni about that. He probably won't phaser you. He probably will steal your raktajino.

Glad to meet you!

Hey GreenDuckGamer! Zandar here, FF XIV FC leader. I'll catch you in-game so we can get you into the linkshell so you can meet the gang. (Zandar Casseline on Siren. I'm like the 27th or 28th best tank on the server, woo!)

We're pretty excited for Patch 5.4 on Tuesday! If I don't catch you today, I'll look for you then. Let me know if you'll be around, there's 24 hour maintenance on Monday for the patch. Going the Thaumaturge/Black Mage route is fun and it's an enjoyable class at higher levels too, I play it myself.

We do have an STO presence as well (both Federation and Klingon) and you'll want to talk to @ObiWanJabroni about that. He probably won't phaser you. He probably will steal your raktajino.

Glad to meet you!
Thanks! I'll make sure to get on today and add you as a friend and try to meet up with you so I can get in the FC. I appreciate it!

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
Hey @GreenDuckGamer - we're in a bit of an activity lull right now but should see more folks for the winter event. Both of our fleets used the chat channel Sexytime for cross-faction chat, so that'd be the easiest place to reach someone and ask for a fleet invite.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Have you been able to meet any of us online?

I've met with GDG on Discord and text chatted a bit. Seems like a nice guy so far.

Glad to meet you!
Hey, I was told to ask you about getting an invite to the Discord.

I'm having fun in the FC and playing on FF14.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I look for two primary things in an app, good answers to either the initial questions or the follow ups if those fall short and good member feedback. You cover both of those and there are a few things about your app that I just like that indicate you are probably a pretty decent human. You get the first yes vote from me sir. Keep it up and you will get three more soon enough.

I look for two primary things in an app, good answers to either the initial questions or the follow ups if those fall short and good member feedback. You cover both of those and there are a few things about your app that I just like that indicate you are probably a pretty decent human. You get the first yes vote from me sir. Keep it up and you will get three more soon enough.
Thank you so much! I super appreciate that!

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
For Vermintide, do you play Vermintide 2? We've also done the gamut of Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor 2, Among Us, Dead By Daylight, and others. Do you play any of those too?

For Vermintide, do you play Vermintide 2? We've also done the gamut of Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor 2, Among Us, Dead By Daylight, and others. Do you play any of those too?
Yes I play Vermintide 2, although I'm not very good at it haha. I absolutely love the Left 4 Dead series and love playing it as often as I can. I do play Killing Floor 2, but oh goodness I get overwhelmed sometimes. I really enjoy Among Us, and am slowly getting better at it. I've never played Dead by Daylight. It looks like fun, just haven't had the chance to play it yet. I'm always up for trying new games, so if you have any suggestions I really appreciate it.

Favorite FPS/Co-op - Left 4 Dead
Favorite RPG - Fallout: New Vegas
Favorite MMORPG: World of Warcraft
Favorite Sim: Civ 5
Best Racing Game: Burnout Paradise

These are just some of my random favorite games, to give you an idea of what I like.

Hey @GreenDuckGamer - we're in a bit of an activity lull right now but should see more folks for the winter event. Both of our fleets used the chat channel Sexytime for cross-faction chat, so that'd be the easiest place to reach someone and ask for a fleet invite.
I was able to get into the fleet, thanks for letting me know how to get into the chat so I could do that!

Top Bottom