App: godshatter - Neverwinter for now. (0/0)

User name: godshatter

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter for now.

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? godshatter#8470

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I walked in on my cousin reading 50 shades of grey. We didn't speak, but the look on her face as she realised I knew exactly what that book was about...it made me wish for a memory to image transfer device.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job was designing equipment for aircrafts. The worst was writing content for the blog of a medical feedback system developer. It sucked because I'd never used it and my manager kept asking me write as if it was god's gift to mankind (tbh it was pretty generic).

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Caesar III, Civ 3, and AoE 2. These are the first games I've ever played and I thing they're the perfect blend of complexity and fun.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
A junior in college. She writes poems, and she's okay at it. But she keeps pushing it on people, including me, and I'm too awkward to tell her to stop doing that.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I know and have built rockets.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I had this club in college where we used to get together and write things. What I love about the group is that once you joined it, you are always a part of it. I still have weekly (online) meet ups with members who graduated decades ago. It's amazing to be part of something so accepting. When I read the rules, the first line and the line about how once you are a U member you're always one struck a chord in me.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Who are the first Uers and are they still around (got my fingers crossed)

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A sword because it is dangerous...also swords are cool.

arbitrarity

Under the Influence
Hi, welcome to the application process!

I'm one of the Neverwinter officers, and hope to see you in-game soon. You can mail me @arbitrarity in-game, but the best way to get a guild invitation is usually to join our in-game chat channel /uey (command is "/channel_join uey", then you can pick it from custom channels or just type /uey and your message) and ask someone online for an invite. We use it as an alternative to normal guild chat, and anyone online in the guild should be able to extend an invite, especially if you mention the forum app. If I have your character name and handle (you posted your handle, which is REALLY helpful, so thanks for that) I can also send out invites without having to actually find you online.

I'm not really sure who the first U members were. I know Gwynn and Ironzerg were the Neverwinter leaders when I was starting, and they're still here in the U today, albeit they've moved on to other games.

Alright, I'll join the chat next time I start the game (which would probably be in an hour or so)

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Welcome to the app process! This is a process for us to get to know each other and decide if you and the community are a good for for each other. Four votes to be accepted or three to be rejected. Mostly we just want to avoid high drama people so we can simple play games, hang out and have fun. Stay active with the app until completion and banter around with us and try to meet us up online.

Sounds like you have had an interesting career, what do you do for work now?

My career is in sort of limbo right now. Covid hit just as I was graduating and so...unemployment is where I am at. I studied aerospace engg (sounds cooler than it is).

I should've also mentioned that I also play a lot of single player games as well.

Last edited:

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
What single player games have you been really hooked on? Personally, I always go back to Civ6 frequently.

Civ 3 is my go to game. Literally the first one I ever played. Other than that I've been playing Black Mesa and getting massive Half-Life flashbacks

I've been meaning to take a crowbar to a head crab for a long time. My steam backlog is ridiculous. One day... damn Summer Winter Whenever sales...

If I happen to catch you on Neverwinter I'll flag you down. Slabba McBride or Billygoat Gruff @snapfist

That moment when you crowbar your first crab after a long time, its almost nostalgic. Although I personally find it a bit jarring to move between gaming decades, the differences in game design and mechanics are quite stark.

Clear a few dungeons eh?

Krishach

Promoter
do you play any other co-op games, especially ones with shorter gameplay? We've been running a few on weekends, and are always looking for more.

Krishach

Promoter
(Shameless plug) Elite: Dangerous is free on Epic this week (plug over).

Our games have consisted of Vermintide 2, Dead by Daylight, Left 4 Dead 2, Among Us, and Killing Floor 2. I also play Helldivers, Dawn of War II: Last Stand, Space Hulk: Deathwing, Forged Alliance, and Sins of a Solar Empire to name a few throwbacks.

I play Among Us, and I'd played L4D (the first one). Is there a discord or something where you guys gather?

P.S. Thanks for the info. Just added Elite: Dangerous to my library

Last edited:

Krishach

Promoter
We have a mumble client for voice, and a discord server as well. Post up as a reply to one of the request threads in thirsty troll, or make another (or a Discord-savvy member can show me the right way to do it pls).

Fhaol

Promoter
Greetings and welcome! So you would bring a sword but you love rockets..I think a flamethrower would be a cool accessory too. Is NW the only MMO you have ever played?? Good luck! and make sure you visit often.

Top Bottom