App: Garyisbald - Neverwinter online (2/0)

User name: Garyisbald

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter online

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Malaggar (Current Level 25 Drow Ranger)

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Ran my own leg over with the back wheel of my VW beetle pushing it with flip flops (while drunk).

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Current job as Strategic Weapons System Operations Engineer on submarines is best so far. Previously I was a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator..(nasty)

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Tie Fighter (classic SW pilot game!), Soulcaliber (love the instant fight sequences), and THPS (cuz I suck at real skateboarding)

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I worked with a guy that we nicknamed (Peaked In High School Kevin), because all he talked about was how he won High School Football championships.....even though we are all adults (most in our 30s and 40s) and working in an industrial environment.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I do Star Wars costuming with the 501st Legion and Living History/Civil War reenacting with a Florida State Park Fort.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I am looking for something fun and casual to level up and meet people. I work allot so there are times when I can only get on for an hour in the evening, or briefly during the day. So strict grinding schedules don't work well with "real life".

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Is this the place for an old headbanger like me to grow in the group????

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Classically a sword, so you are armed. Today I would go for a strong mug of ale or mead to steel my resolve!!

Hi Gary!
I've been seeing you around a lot in-game. I've been too occupied with my limited gaming hours to run any decent content recently. I see you're getting along good with the alliance.
I, too, have ran over myself while pushing a car (drunk) lol

arbitrarity

Under the Influence
Hi, welcome to the application process! The forum application process is mostly about gauging social fit, so be sure to keep active in responding here (checking for responses once a day or so is fine, just don't let the thread languish) as well as in-game.
If you haven't already, be sure to join the /uey chat channel in-game (command is "/channel_join uey") and ask someone online for an invitation to the guild. Once you're in, adding your forum name as a member comment helps people know whose application to respond to.

Thanks all. I am "working from home" today, but I may try to hop in game for a little during "break time" lol......and definitely later this afternoon. I'll add a couple of pics of me and some "hobbies" so you can get an idea of who I am.

Attachments

Krishach

Promoter
Hello Garyisbald. Do you play any other multiplayer games you play such as co-op or pub games?

Which Soul Calibur was your favorite? Mine was 2.

Hello Garyisbald. Do you play any other multiplayer games you play such as co-op or pub games?

Which Soul Calibur was your favorite? Mine was 2.
I've just honestly been getting back into online playing. I was really into SW Galaxies back in the day, and even Beta'd the Jump To Lightspeed expansion. I've played SWTOR a bit on and off, tried DDO briefly, but Neverwinter seemed allot more in my "element".....Im an old school DnD nerd and have (and still do) read allot of the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance books.

I liked Soulcaliber IV because........Vader.

No worries, and yes, I am bald and beautiful!!! And I have "assembled" and painted my ANH Sandtrooper and ANH Tie Fighter Pilot costumes and helmets, which I do wear in the 501st Legion to different events. I just purchased my Civil War uniforms for reenacting (can sew for repairs, but not much for tailoring!) , but I want to start messing with EVA foam and do some dwarven armor/weapons next. I have also been playing around with my 3D printer making various DnD miniature backgrounds and stuff, as well as some prop weapons.

Last edited:

Krishach

Promoter
holy crap, that's a lot. Have you had a chance to game in Neverwinter with the UEYs?

I'm an old-school RPGer myself; was happy to join a pnp RPG recently. Would you ever play an e-pnp-rpg?

Also, we need a YES on this app.

I have not done any group stuff with anyone in game yet. I've chatted a couple times and have been on the Discord channel while I gamed. Every time I'm on when I look at the roster its all level 80 members online, and I just got into my 40s.....so I figured I would grind away to level up a bit more so I'm not slowing anyone down!

And I love RPGs. I started playing DnD around 89, and sadly got away from playing (still read tons of novels), and have aquired several bookshelves worth of 1st and 2nd edition WOD books from my brother. I was in a group that did Savage Worlds ETU until a couple months ago. I got busy and they all started playing Scion. And I have thought about trying out an e pnp rpg.....just have to find the right time to make a commitment to. I am currently transitioning to a new contract at work and don't know yet what my days and hours will look like!

And thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I'm going to add another yes vote. This app just fits in with us.

arkle

Promoter
Did some DnD style LARPing myself in my younger days; much fun was had.

Civil War reenactments are also a thing over here but I didnt really get in to that, and I'm not American so you can shout at me, but was there any civil war action down in Florida?

Never really got into the LARPing aspect, but I do like the cosplay stuff. Much more static!

There wasn't a whole lot of action in Florida, the state being a big producer of salt for meat preservation and cattle caused the Union to set up blockades and skirmishes. I am close to the largest battle in Florida, Olustee. But I got into reenacting after volunteering at the local State Park Fort Clinch. We do a Living History program there and I really enjoy it (I get to fire cannons!), so that led to reenacting also. I portray 3rd Rhode Island Artillery and 75th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.

arkle

Promoter
Interesting.

Does your interest in military matters extend to other theatres of war or is it that the reenactment part got you interested in the Civil War? I take a general interest in all military history, from ancient times up to modern but probably read mostly about ancient greece/rome and the first&second world wars.

I am definitely interested in different periods of war. I started a WW2 kit (actually have several original pieces of my grandfather's), but got into Civil War because of the local history where I live. I did dress out as War of 1812 once, but that was a borrowed kit. I have also gone extensively into my geneology and am starting to look at my European ancestry. (Mlawa, Poland; Bavaria; Reggio, Italy; Limerick, Ireland).

arkle

Promoter
Would you, if you had enough notice, grow your facial hair to suit a historical period?

Top Bottom