App: Ess - Neverwinter right now. Maybe Ark, but I need a long break from that game. When I go back I'll do a restart. (0/0)

Ess

User name: Ess

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter right now. Maybe Ark, but I need a long break from that game. When I go back I'll do a restart.

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? ess#4506

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Was at Schiphol airport in the middle of the night and almost boarded a flight to Ghana instead of Italy (Pre-9/11 obvs)

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Nightclub Manager during the rise of House Music. Pretty self-explanatory, good times.
The worst was delivering and servicing Porta-Potties. The money was great for a teenager, but I wanted to bathe in lava after a shift.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Ark though I've uninstalled it for the 5th time recently. I had a nice conversation with Jatheish about it and he went back to the server that broke me and my friends say it's fixed now. Great game, but it takes the patience of a saint. GTA Online because it's such a good time. I suspect Cyberpunk 2077 will be a keeper IF IT EVER DROPS.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
There have been so many as I'm an Old, but the current holder of the title is a super territorial woman at work who I barely have any contact with. When I update her on any changes that might impact her group she will send me a rambling email about how she leads her group and she will decide what gets implemented, and it just goes on until I'm slackjawed. Her emails are legendary in the company, but if you run into her outside of work she is super nice which is makes her even more annoying.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have met every President from Nixon through Trump. I have my favorites, but I'm not telling. In the case of Nixon I was a prop. I was sitting near him at a baseball game in my military school uniform and his photographer wanted the shot.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I've played Neverwinter off an on for about 4 years between Xbox and PC. I was in a great guild on Xbox with people from my GTA crew, but they've all drifted to other things. I've recently started playing Neverwinter again and joined a guild that was recruiting in Protectors Enclave at lvl 30. They seem like nice people in a big alliance, but the Stronghold is dead. Nobody around, and if there's a call for dungeons it's for end game stuff and usually it's the Alliance asking. I would love to find some people in the same situation as myself grinding through old campaigns.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Are there active groups at all levels in the Guild? Are there people in the Guild who take an interest in people just breaking 80 that haven't played since Chult dropped?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A Gordon Ramsey companion. He calls me a f***ing donkey when I screw up. The Old Man says Gordon isn't there to play the game for me or even help, just inspire me to get better.

Silentgurl

Promoter
HI Ess! Welcome to the app process, just to let you know on how things normally go, it takes 4 votes to get in, and then 3 votes is normally a no for our community...I see you are applying with Neverwinter, so you should be getting a guild invite soon if you hadn't already. I see you played GTAV, I have played that game as well, I enjoyed the story and online mode alot, I'm actually on my 2nd run through for the story, it was a really Good story from my point of view, alot of laughs lol What makes you enjoy Neverwinter so much? and any other mmos you have played? and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know and we will be happy to help and Best of luck with your App :)

Reactions: Ess

Ess

HI Ess! Welcome to the app process, just to let you know on how things normally go, it takes 4 votes to get in, and then 3 votes is normally a no for our community...I see you are applying with Neverwinter, so you should be getting a guild invite soon if you hadn't already. I see you played GTAV, I have played that game as well, I enjoyed the story and online mode alot, I'm actually on my 2nd run through for the story, it was a really Good story from my point of view, alot of laughs lol What makes you enjoy Neverwinter so much? and any other mmos you have played? and if you need any help at all, please let one of us know and we will be happy to help and Best of luck with your App :)
Hi Silentgurl. GTA and Ark are the other two MMO's I've played. A friend from Australia got me into Neverwinter when out GTA Crew was taking a break. We played a lot of GTA. I would play Neverwinter on my laptop while I was traveling for work, it's pretty friendly to lower end machines, something that GTA and Ark are definitely not.

I've been playing Ark pretty solidly for the past couple of years and I got burned out. I was playing solo on my main map and tribed up with a couple of people on other maps like Aberration. I love the game, but I hate that I can't just walk away for more than a week without losing stuff. I know unofficial is a thing, but I really loved the Trading Community on Official.

I like Neverwinter because I can join a random queue and have some fun then go off and do quests. Even though I've played before it's pretty fresdh to me with all the new mods. The last time I played Chult had just dropped and my friends all drifted off to other games. Obviously Neverwinter is easier and more fun when you're in a Guild, but finding a good guild is hard. I'm working on two toons right now and I'm sort of lost. They're both Clerics, which I've never played before. One is a lvl 80 currently hitting a wall in Undermountain and the other is lvl46 and I'm being more methodical with it. The 80 has six campaigns going at once and the other I'm only doing one at a time.

I'm looking forward to playing in the Guild, I hope people don't mind me asking a million questions. One of the Clerics (lvl 46) is a healer, and I'm really psyched to get him into Epics soon.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I have met every President from Nixon through Trump. I have my favorites, but I'm not telling. In the case of Nixon I was a prop. I was sitting near him at a baseball game in my military school uniform and his photographer wanted the shot.
Ok, this is amazing but how???? Seriously, how does this happen?

Ess

Ok, this is amazing but how???? Seriously, how does this happen?
The ones when I was younger were random public appearances like Nixon at the ball game. Some of it is working for an Event Production company, some social occasions or benefits and Trump in a nightclub when he was still with wife #1. All this without ever stepping foot in the White House itself! ETA: I think my streak is going to end unless I actively seek out Biden.

Silentgurl

Promoter
you have any chance to run anything with the other Ueys Ess yet? How is your weekend going? :)

Krishach

Promoter
Retiring per applicants relayed intent to not finish the application process.

Last edited:
Top Bottom