App: Errdrick - Final Fantasy XIV (0/2)

User name: Errdrick

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Final Fantasy XIV

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Erdrick Pendragon

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Over-serving myself at a party and waking up to my friend's sister yelling at me because my friends piled her panties on me while I was passed out.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Not sure coolest is the best descriptor but working for the State Department of Highways - enjoyed the manual labor, being outside, and occasionally running over road signs with my work vehicle. Again, not sure worst is the word I would use but Judicial Clerkship - a lot of the time I was just sitting in court and listening to trials which were generally boring at best and horrible at worst (family law cases).

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Dark Age of Camelot - My first mmorpg and I love the mythology, the combat systems and class designs. River City Ransom - Just a stupidly fun game that accurately portrays facial contortions resulting from having a pipe, trash can or other object thrown at you. Age of Empires 2 Age of KIngs - My first rts and something that I have played for about 20 years thanks to enduring appeal and challenge of playing online.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Probably my current manager - Just talks for the sake of talking. Discussions that could be had in 2 mins take 30 minutes or more. She will ask a question, but instead of pausing for an answer, she just continues talking or interrupts my response to talk about her experiences with the topic.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have a never-worn pair of Vans with the single velcro lace saver still in the box from when I thought I was a skater (circa 1991).

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
The FC/community description suggests a more mature player base that doesn't get bogged down in drama and doesn't take itself too seriously as both are crucial for enjoyment and longevity. I think the "big kids' description was/is particularly appealing as that is how I see myself. As for the community vs. guild factor: I've played tons of online games and the people you play with generally make or break the experience. When I find people I enjoy playing with I usually end up playing with them in multiple games, so it only makes sense to look for a community that is already involved in a variety of games.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
In regards to high level raids/extremes, do you try to set up static groups or is it more of a whoever is on approach? Do you generally just field one raid/extreme group at a time? Is it possible to be addicted to using paper towels?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
His pet rock with moss for hair. Why? Being crazy doesn't always exclude altruistic behavior.

Fhaol

Promoter
Hello and welcome to the process..Im gonna add one I had to answer way back when..given the current pandemic andpossible vax issues...what is your zombie plan?? Good luck!

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Heya Errdrick!

Zandar, your lovable FC leader here for our gang on Siren. We're glad you applied and nice to meet you!

In regards to high level raids/extremes, do you try to set up static groups or is it more of a whoever is on approach? Do you generally just field one raid/extreme group at a time? Is it possible to be addicted to using paper towels?
It's whoever wants to come along. We're not quite to a "full static among just the U" although we did have one for a while at the start of Shadowbringers and it went well for a while and then life happened. We do have several Ueys currently in Savage statics.

I'd like to get to Pandaemonium Savage at the end of the year if possible. Seems like a goal to at least get a Uey team together.

As far as alliance raids and EX primals, we do those too, if you're willing to learn and have fun, we've got plenty of folks who will go along and teach and help out.

Also, get reusable shop towels, they're great.

So how'd you hear about us?

Hi Errdrick, pleasure to e-meet you!

Do you have a primary class you enjoy playing in FFXIV? Quite a lot of us have many geared level 80 classes available so you should always have someone to group with.

I don't know how you survived a judicial clerkship. I've only had jury duty once and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my entire life. Having a "court job" sounds stressful.

Wow you brought up River City Ransom. I have not thought about that game in forever. I was only 6 or so years old when that came out and I remember playing the heck out of it with my neighbor. His big sister had the game and we would always sneak into her room to play. Wow... those are some memories right there.

Yes, it is highly possible to become addicted to paper towels... just ask my wife. I'm good with one paper towel for a napkin (don't judge, I'm civilized). She however needs about 3 rolls of paper towels per meal. This makes no sense to me because 1.) how can someone go through so many dang paper towels. 2.) She's 5'2" and eats like a little bird. What exactly are you even wiping up? /vent off :)

I think Zandar answered all of the other questions so I'll leave this with "I look forward to seeing you in game!".

Heya Errdrick!

Zandar, your lovable FC leader here for our gang on Siren. We're glad you applied and nice to meet you!

It's whoever wants to come along. We're not quite to a "full static among just the U" although we did have one for a while at the start of Shadowbringers and it went well for a while and then life happened. We do have several Ueys currently in Savage statics.

I'd like to get to Pandaemonium Savage at the end of the year if possible. Seems like a goal to at least get a Uey team together.

As far as alliance raids and EX primals, we do those too, if you're willing to learn and have fun, we've got plenty of folks who will go along and teach and help out.

Also, get reusable shop towels, they're great.

So how'd you hear about us?
Zandar,

Thanks for the reply. I am certainly interested in alliance raids and extremes, and I'm working through them in ARR atm. I have raided in EQ, WoW and a few other games and enjoy the challenge without going full hardcore raider. I am still getting readjusted to FFXIV but am enjoying the more challenging parts. As for the reusable shop towels . . . I dunno, kind of reminds me of the good ol' Roman toilet sponges. In regards to hearing about Unrepentant, I have been looking through the community finder for the past couple of weeks and my friend and I agreed that you all seemed like the best fit (he should be applying later today).

Hi Errdrick, pleasure to e-meet you!

Do you have a primary class you enjoy playing in FFXIV? Quite a lot of us have many geared level 80 classes available so you should always have someone to group with.

I don't know how you survived a judicial clerkship. I've only had jury duty once and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my entire life. Having a "court job" sounds stressful.

Wow you brought up River City Ransom. I have not thought about that game in forever. I was only 6 or so years old when that came out and I remember playing the heck out of it with my neighbor. His big sister had the game and we would always sneak into her room to play. Wow... those are some memories right there.

Yes, it is highly possible to become addicted to paper towels... just ask my wife. I'm good with one paper towel for a napkin (don't judge, I'm civilized). She however needs about 3 rolls of paper towels per meal. This makes no sense to me because 1.) how can someone go through so many dang paper towels. 2.) She's 5'2" and eats like a little bird. What exactly are you even wiping up? /vent off :)

I think Zandar answered all of the other questions so I'll leave this with "I look forward to seeing you in game!".
Kalaan,

Please to meet you as well. When I played back in 2015/2016 I main'd a Paladin and still have a lot of affinity for it. I normally tank in mmorpgs and usually play a Paladin if available. Since I have been back, I have been playing a White Mage for most dungeon/trial/raid content as I don't like to tank encounters unless I know them in and out.

River City Ransom was such a gem and just the silly faces they would make when hit never got old. Not sure if you ever played it/watched it but there was a game on the NES called Super Dodge Ball that used the same models and had the same animations when they got hit with the ball. It was great as well.

And certainly no judgment on the paper towel as a napkin. Napkins are basically pointless, they are barely a step up from a Kleenex.

Zandar1

Community Officer
River City Ransom was such a gem and just the silly faces they would make when hit never got old. Not sure if you ever played it/watched it but there was a game on the NES called Super Dodge Ball that used the same models and had the same animations when they got hit with the ball. It was great as well.
Super Dodge Ball is amazing and is on the Switch Online NES console. I loved both growing up. River City Girls is a wonderful followup to it.

Let us know when you're about and we'll get you in to the FC to meet the folks.

Super Dodge Ball is amazing and is on the Switch Online NES console. I loved both growing up. River City Girls is a wonderful followup to it.

Let us know when you're about and we'll get you in to the FC to meet the folks.
I'm in game now. What's the best way to get up with you?

Zandar1

Community Officer
We got Errdrick in the FC. Seems like a pretty nice sort so far.
screeper.jpg

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Custom avatar lacking, data stream dissonance detected...

The E is definitely a tad creepy; would you care to let us view a custom avatar?

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
I mean you replaced it with a creepy guy, but I was accused of the same many years ago. Definite improvement.

EverNova

Promoter
I've seen that creepy guy before. I don't remember where it's from. Is that from Archer, maybe?

Zandar1

Community Officer
We've seen you in game, but you need to get that app rolling, Hero.

Kiserai

Community Leader
If the next person who sees him in game could remind him to come back, that might help.

Zandar1

Community Officer
Alright then, and they have left the FC.

Good luck in your adventures.

Voting NO.

Top Bottom