App: EmersonBigguns - Final Fantasy 14 for sure, any others Im open to have fun with (4/0)

There has been no further contact with this applicant in game since his short burst of activity around April 29th. He has also not logged into the game since then as well. Just passing this along, they may be having real life situations.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Yea, I’ve had a real life situation come up that required my full attention.

Sorry I haven’t been active, but that will change.
Handle your real life issues and don't worry about it. When you are ready for a distraction jump back in.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Yep, as long as we know you still wanted to keep with it, you're good. Take whatever time you need. Just post again on this thread; even if it gets moved to Rejected, and we'll restore it.

Yep, as long as we know you still wanted to keep with it, you're good. Take whatever time you need. Just post again on this thread; even if it gets moved to Rejected, and we'll restore it.
I talked to him, personally and he let me know what was going on etc, that is enough for me.

There has been no further contact with this applicant in game since his short burst of activity around April 29th. He has also not logged into the game since then as well. Just passing this along, they may be having real life situations.
yes, he updated me on things, thank you for the heads up though!

Emerson logged onto Discord and chatted with a few of us today. He didn't have a lot of time but he said things will be getting better soon and he will have more time to chat/game etc... I appreciate the effort of just logging on and saying hi. The FFXIV crew are all looking forward to seeing you in game @EmersonBigguns and getting to know you / play with you.

I've seen Emerson log on and play FFXIV over the last week or so. He came and played with us in the most current raid. He isn't super social / keen on playing with others in the free company yet, but he did explain why. If I understand correctly, Emerson doesn't want to be a burden on UEYs who are familiar with the content he is learning. This is why he does things solo or with PUGs vs with us UEYs in the free company. I explained that he is free to play however he wants but us UEYs do not care if he is skilled or if he dies 100 times a run. It's all about fun and spending time with each other, not about being the best player on the server.

I've seen Emerson log on and play FFXIV over the last week or so. He came and played with us in the most current raid. He isn't super social / keen on playing with others in the free company yet, but he did explain why. If I understand correctly, Emerson doesn't want to be a burden on UEYs who are familiar with the content he is learning. This is why he does things solo or with PUGs vs with us UEYs in the free company. I explained that he is free to play however he wants but us UEYs do not care if he is skilled or if he dies 100 times a run. It's all about fun and spending time with each other, not about being the best player on the server.
that is right Midnight! I have been there with DDO runs and died alot, but had fun doing it, while learning the quests and such. Thank you for the update :)

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Each officers vote is their own but I do think we have enough information at this point to give this an up or down. Nothing about this app suggests Emmerson is going to be a drama llama or some kind of jackass we will regret letting in. I gave him my yes vote a while back and from here we should at least approve this app or not.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
I'd like to hear from Emerson again. Part of joining a gaming group with a guild is to play with some sort of focus on that group.

@EmersonBigguns what are your feelings about playing with the FFIV guild?

Hey Kalaan, I do want to do stuff with you guys in the FC. Biggest reason I’m gun shy is because I’ve been ripped on before in a former FC that made it to where I felt like I had to know the fights and mechanics 100% before I was able to run with them. Eventually I just stopped running with them and left because it was just too much. I don’t particularly care to be called “a failure at life” simply because I don’t know things.

that is right Midnight! I have been there with DDO runs and died alot, but had fun doing it, while learning the quests and such. Thank you for the update :)
I agree, part of the fun of being in a FC is to learn, die, laugh and go on. I managed to be a part of some “elitist” FC that didn’t feel that way.

I'd like to hear from Emerson again. Part of joining a gaming group with a guild is to play with some sort of focus on that group.

@EmersonBigguns what are your feelings about playing with the FFIV guild?
Hey Krishach, I do want to do fun things with the FC and have a good time with good company. I can work my issues with my previous experiences. 🙂

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Lets give that a shot then. We're more about the community than the game. Sounds like your former FC wouldn't fit in though.

YES.

Top Bottom