App: EmersonBigguns - Final Fantasy 14 for sure, any others Im open to have fun with (3/0)

Sol

FFVII lover eh, then you and I share a core. FFVII is my all time favorite game as well. Loved the Remake, and looking forward to part 2 whenever it's finished.

How did you like the Remake, or have you gotten around to playing it yet? Also, XIV aside what other FF or SE titles are you a fan of?

I missed a possible point on the first run through this app... the 90's FF7 is one of the first games I remeber letting you rename all of the characters. Did you go with the preset roster, or did you name them something fun and interesting? I changed several characters names, and thus have no idea who they are talking about in some memes. For instance I will accept no name except for "Tommy-gun" for this character...

Additionally, if you name every character Sephiroth, it becomes a confusing and often hilarious series of interactions.

Fhaol

Promoter
Hello and welcome to the process..TLDR: MY internet has been down 2 weeks and back for now kinda...so you are a musician what do you play ?? Good luck!!

Hey guys, Im sorry I havent been more responsive these last few days. Ive had work and personal stuff going on, so it has eaten up the majority of my time recently.

Have you earned your chicken suit yet in FF14?
No, I have not but I really should. My main is Hrothgar so IMO that would be friggin hilarious.

FFVII lover eh, then you and I share a core. FFVII is my all time favorite game as well. Loved the Remake, and looking forward to part 2 whenever it's finished.

How did you like the Remake, or have you gotten around to playing it yet? Also, XIV aside what other FF or SE titles are you a fan of?
Hey Sol, nice to meet you! Glad we share the same love for FFVII.

The remake was absolutely AMAZING, especially since my least favorite part of the game was getting out of Midgar. For them to take that experience and turn it into a masterpiece says a LOT. I am very much looking forward to part 2, because if they did that great of a job with part 1 then we are in for a treat.

As far as my favorite SE games (other than any of the FF1-1x titles), its a toss up between Xenorgears or Final Fantasy Tactics. I also like Bushido Blade as well. I used to have tournaments I would host at my place with 15-20 people sometimes. So, yea, it has a soft spot for me :)

I missed a possible point on the first run through this app... the 90's FF7 is one of the first games I remeber letting you rename all of the characters. Did you go with the preset roster, or did you name them something fun and interesting? I changed several characters names, and thus have no idea who they are talking about in some memes. For instance I will accept no name except for "Tommy-gun" for this character...

Additionally, if you name every character Sephiroth, it becomes a confusing and often hilarious series of interactions.
I love your questions Elviscera. They really do some delving down :)

At first, I just did my name. But as time went on, I would name them fun things. The main one I use now is Jhator (which, btw, is the name of my main character on FFXIV) but I did have a streak there where I named my characters some pretty obscene things for the lulz. For example, in FF6, I named Locke "Pimp" and Terra "Ho", so when Terra and her party were going back into Narshe through the cave entrance, it looked like this:

Ho: When Pimp first helped me, he fiddled with something right about here.

I know, Im going to hell for that, but I laughed my ass off. In my defense I was a lot younger 😮

Hello and welcome to the process..TLDR: MY internet has been down 2 weeks and back for now kinda...so you are a musician what do you play ?? Good luck!!
Hey Fhaol, its nice to meet you :)

Im glad youre back and your internet issues have allowed you to get back on, even if its in a limited capacity.

I play drums mostly, I can also play saxophone and some (very limited) guitar. Ive also been told I can sing but I dont see it (or hear it as the case may be). Ive been jamming with a blues band recently but Ive played everything from big band music to death metal, so I have a full range of tastes. Only stuff I really dont like is country pop (old school outlaw country like Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Hank Sr. I love) and rap (which I even have a couple of rap songs I can deal with for the message). As a drummer, metal presents the most technical challenge to me where blues and jazz presents the most challenge of being able to convey an emotion through the percussion. They all present a challenge I love to work at :)

Feel free to ask me anything else. Im an open book.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. Sorry I havent been able to respond sooner. Work has been crazy, might have to go out of town this weekend but such is the nature of the beast.

Nice to meet you Silentgurl :)

To answer your first question, Ive been a Final Fantasy fan for as long as I can remember, and played a lot of FFXI. I almost didnt stick with FFXIV because the first incarnation of the game was beyond terrible, but I gave it another chance with the reboot. As for your second question, I enjoy the freedom of job changes with just one character, and the gameplay on endgame content is a lot of fun. That, and Sqeenix has always done a great job with storyline, and FFXIV is no exception.

Nice to meet you Tallon, and an excellent question.

Its a toss up honestly. I still have a soft spot for FFXI, but for the single player its a three way tie between FFVI (FF3 in the states), FFIX and FFX. All of them offer something unique which have eaten up eons of my time lol.

And nice to meet you Elviscera, coming at me with the hard hitting questions enquiring minds want to know :D

1) Double Meat Beef patty, with all the essential veggies (lettuce, tomato, onions), bacon and jalapeno. Throw some avocado slices on the side and I could live off of that lol
2) Most likely: Toad, he has all the magic mushrooms :p in all seriousness, I'd have to say Mario, he knows how to get to where hes going. Least likely would be Bowser, he looks like his breath has to stink, and no way I could take a road trip with that kind of funk.
3) Pirates for sure - they have swords AND guns, they'll survive the zombies a lot better than ninjas. IJS

Feel free to ask more. Im liking this app process so far.
you ever get into Final Fantasy 15 ever? as well :)

Sol

FFXV I think holds a special spot for me. Had alot going on in RL at the time, and it was a little ray of Sunshine in an otherwise dreary time. Gets panned alot, but I like it still. Glad to see someone else likes it, and I'd be curious to know if you are a fan of FFXV as well. Awesome btw you like Tactics, I've poured countless hours into that title myself. Over 10 playthroughs, which is alot for a JRPG. Only being topped by my yearly playthrough of FFVII which is ongoing.

Ho: When Pimp first helped me, he fiddled with something right about here.

I know, Im going to hell for that, but I laughed my ass off. In my defense I was a lot younger
I'm not young and that's still funny. I'm also not in charge of anything, but I'd lean towards YES.

Good luck with those that have the true word, I'll stop with the strange brew question lines now.

you ever get into Final Fantasy 15 ever? as well :)
Its in my top five, and Ive beaten it twice. Its a really good game and the graphics/gameplay are amazing, but the storyline isnt as great as other Final Fantasy titles. Thats my only knock against it. At least its not FFX-2 bad, that game was terribad.

FFXV I think holds a special spot for me. Had alot going on in RL at the time, and it was a little ray of Sunshine in an otherwise dreary time. Gets panned alot, but I like it still. Glad to see someone else likes it, and I'd be curious to know if you are a fan of FFXV as well. Awesome btw you like Tactics, I've poured countless hours into that title myself. Over 10 playthroughs, which is alot for a JRPG. Only being topped by my yearly playthrough of FFVII which is ongoing.
Same way FFXV holds a soft spot for you, FFT holds that same soft spot because I was going through some really bad personal times. I played that game a lot just to stay sane, and any game that can do that for anyone deserves a special place in that persons heart. And I do a yearly playthrough of FFT, so yea theres that :)

And once again, sorry for not being on as much. RL has been kicking my ass, but hey - job security :D

Never met him, never seen him in game. Gonna have to pass on voting or if voting no makes a difference. I vote NO.

Yeah I've also never met Emerson. His app seems pretty fun and friendly but I've never once seen him log into FFXIV. I agree with @CptSquash that it is hard to get to know someone who doesn't log in and say hi.

@EmersonBigguns I do look forward to meeting you for the first time and getting to know you in game!

Never met him, never seen him in game. Gonna have to pass on voting or if voting no makes a difference. I vote NO.
Hey CptSquash, it’s nice to meet you 🙂

I understand your no vote, and I do apologize since RL has kept me from logging in the last couple of weeks. My main on FFXIV is Jhator Malvagion, and I’m going through updates right now. We had an unfortunate situation where one person quit on us unexpectedly and I’ve been pulling 12-13 hr days in the meantime to make up for it. Maybe I could meet you in game tonight and sway your opinion in a different direction, and if not then I understand. All I’m asking is a little leeway due to unexpected circumstances due to real life situations.

Yeah I've also never met Emerson. His app seems pretty fun and friendly but I've never once seen him log into FFXIV. I agree with @CptSquash that it is hard to get to know someone who doesn't log in and say hi.

@EmersonBigguns I do look forward to meeting you for the first time and getting to know you in game!
Hey Kalaan, it’s nice to meet you! I would like to see you in game as well, and since I’m going to be on tonight this would be the perfect time to message me and get to know me 🙂

Emerson logged in for the first time today for a few minutes. Things were awkward to say the least. I'm holding off on voting for now until we see more of you.

Your in game name is Em-er-som Bigg-uns. I'm curious why you chose that name?

Last edited:
Adding on to what @EverNova said. Emerson did log on to both FFXIV and Discord last night. Yes, the interaction was a bit awkward but it was the first time he met us and there were many of us vs. one of him. I imagine it could have been awkward for both parties. I don't feel we had enough time with Emerson to form much of an opinion, but I do appreciate the effort Emerson made by logging in to FFXIV and Discord. He also added his main to the FFXIV Free Company so in theory we should see him around more often.

Hey Evernova :)

Emerson logged in for the first time today for a few minutes. Things were awkward to say the least. I'm holding off on voting for now until we see more of you.
Yea, it was a bit awkward especially since I was trying to work and hold a conversation. That’s on me. I shouldn’t have tried to multitask like that to make a first impression, and held off until I had a better opportunity to do that.

Your in game name is Em-er-som Bigg-uns. I'm curious why you chose that name?
It was an old joke (and login) my dad used a long time ago, and sadly he passed away in 2015. So it’s a tribute to him. I know it’s kind of corny but it holds a place in my heart.

Adding on to what @EverNova said. Emerson did log on to both FFXIV and Discord last night. Yes, the interaction was a bit awkward but it was the first time he met us and there were many of us vs. one of him. I imagine it could have been awkward for both parties. I don't feel we had enough time with Emerson to form much of an opinion, but I do appreciate the effort Emerson made by logging in to FFXIV and Discord. He also added his main to the FFXIV Free Company so in theory we should see him around more often.
Hey Kalaan, I appreciate being understanding and you will be seeing me of me soon, as my company finally made an offer to someone to get me some help. So those 12-13hr days will finally go away some and I’ll have time to really get to know you guys.

Fhaol

Promoter
Comdolences..I feel your pain, Im 62 and both parents are gonr but I still miss them. I know im bad but when I look at your nick I think of Biggus Dickus from Monty Python..Life of Brian?? So do you watch movies or have a favorite genre ??

It was an old joke (and login) my dad used a long time ago, and sadly he passed away in 2015. So it’s a tribute to him. I know it’s kind of corny but it holds a place in my heart.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I think everything related to the forum part of the app is good. I think to get a final vote he just needs a little more contact in game. Not sure if that has happened yet, sounds like his work got pretty busy on him.

Top Bottom