App: EmersonBigguns - Final Fantasy 14 for sure, any others Im open to have fun with (3/0)

User name: EmersonBigguns

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Final Fantasy 14 for sure, any others Im open to have fun with

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Emersom Bigguns

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Most embarrassing - when I tried to silently rip one in a library, and it just didnt go as planned. Still not sure if the sound or the smell was worse but the embarrassment was enough that I didnt go to a library again for 10 years

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job I ever had was working for an logistics company, because I got to travel all over. Worst was a funeral home, total dead end job (bad joke I know, but it really was a toxic place to work)

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
FF7, because its just the greatest game ever... Xenogears, the storyline is amazing... Super Mario 3, playing 2 player mode with a friend is hours of endless entertainment

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Most annoying person I ever met was this person I worked with at the funeral home, just insanely obnoxious because he thought he knew everything and was condescending to everyone. He ended up losing his job because he messed up one too many times

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Im a musician! I enjoy making blues music with my band, I wish I had video of us to upload.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Stability: I saw the FC in FFXIV has been around since 2013... Community: If a FC has been around that long, it means there is a good core group that isnt prone to drama... The Name: I like the name, its pretty badass

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Do you do any endgame content? If so, are there multiple teams or one single core group?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
He hands me a sword and a backpack full of jerky, because that is the key to my survival.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Howdy Emerson!

Zandar here from the Unrepentant FC on Siren, we talked earlier today. Thanks for putting in an application with us! Please keep up with your app, the best way to get accepted is to interact with the U community. Remember, it's not just the FF XIV folks. (Free hint: get an avatar for your forum profile!)

Feel free to ask us questions and communicate with us in game. I'll get you added as a recruit in the FC so you can meet folks.

Im a musician! I enjoy making blues music with my band, I wish I had video of us to upload.
What instrument do you play?

Do you do any endgame content? If so, are there multiple teams or one single core group?
We see who's on and then we do stuff, mostly. A couple of us belong to statics and do Savage/Ultimate content. Mostly we do 24-man stuff and 8-man EX primals when we can as a group.

What class/job are you playing currently?

So I chose a avatar pic, I like it :)

What instrument do you play?
I play a little bit of everything, but my favorite instrument has to be drums. Ive also been told I can sing as well but I am NOT that great at it lol

What class/job are you playing currently?
Im a level 18 BLM on this character, on my main character I am a MCH. Im getting back into the game again with the new storyline stuff being released, and I am definitely looking to be part of a fun, easy going community :)

hello there Emerson I play ffxiv and like to be weird it's kinda my thing and since you want to play ffxiv and I have no say but I am curious.

I would love to know since you're a musician, what is your favorite song either written by your group or a well-known band? I like Japanese music and bands.

What do you do for a living? is musician a full-time job for you? I am military full time.

and last but not least you have any further questions from unrepentant?

Look forward to getting to know ya in game or something. Good luck has fun and sorry for my strange personality.
Justin Latham

Hello Justin, nice to meet you! Weird is perfectly acceptable to me, normal so boring :p

I would love to know since you're a musician, what is your favorite song either written by your group or a well-known band?
That is such a loaded question, because every genre has their masterpiece (except for country pop and rap, just my opinion). And I cant play favorites with the music I write and perform, I could try but it just doesnt work.

What do you do for a living? is musician a full-time job for you?
I work as a senior IT Systems Engineer for a living. I would love to make a living off music, but the IT gig pays more lol

and last but not least you have any further questions from unrepentant?
It looks like this community stretches well beyond FFXIV. What are all of the games Unrepentant are a part of? I might be interested in looking into having fun with the rest of the members while expanding my horizons some.

It looks like this community stretches well beyond FFXIV. What are all of the games Unrepentant are a part of? I might be interested in looking into having fun with the rest of the members while expanding my horizons some.
That one is beyond my scope to know for sure (I pay little attention) but I know for a fact FFXIV and Elite Dangerous are two games I know because I play them but I know there's more it's just what I play I remember. We stretch beyond a few games and this community is great IMO been part since November I started my app process and loved every conversation so far. If you would like and can see them look at some of the past accepted and rejected apps some are gems of giggles (idk if this is a proper reply but oh well)

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Elite Dangerous is worth a try, but its pace isn't for everyone. Its pretty laid back as far as online games go.

What about any co-op games? Helldivers, Among Us, Dead by Daylight, World War Z, Vermintide 2, Killing Floor 2, and more... Any suggestions of co-op would be welcome also.

Harplager

Promoter
Welcome. I have gotten into FFXIV in the past few months and am having a blast. I used to play WoW, and GW2, and SWTOR with the U. Pretty much with enough advanced notice, you can find someone to team up with in the game of your choice.

And to directly respond to your question about stretching beyond FF. We are a community, you are free to jump from game to game, hyperfocus on one game, or wander off for a few months. We keep it casual, but this app process is the barrier for entry and has served us well keeping out most drama llamas.

Hey Krishach and Harplager, nice to meet you :)

What about any co-op games?
My girlfriend has been trying to get me to play Among Us with her. If I end up playing Among Us with you guys but not with her she might kick my ass, but she is WAY too intense when it comes to that game lol

I also play WoW and SWTOR. Ive tried to get into FPS games but it just doesnt do it for me. I mainly stick to MMOs.

And to directly respond to your question about stretching beyond FF. We are a community, you are free to jump from game to game, hyperfocus on one game, or wander off for a few months. We keep it casual, but this app process is the barrier for entry and has served us well keeping out most drama llamas.
I dont mind the app process tbh. It may be over the top for some people but anything that keeps the drama to a minimum works for me.

Silentgurl

Promoter
HI Emerson! welcome to the process, what made you pick Final Fantasy online? for your main MMO and why do you like it? :)

Hiya Emerson, hopefully the shenanigans have not been too trying for you. I have to get to the real questions here to keep things flowing and get a sense of your true nature. So here are my questions to probe the deep mysteries...
1. What in your opinion constitutes the perfect burger- you may specify your patty type (meat/ chicken/ veggie/ turkey/...other?) toppings, sauces, any beer pairings (wine is the wrong answer)
2. Which Super Mario 3 character would you most and least like to go on a cross country road trip and why.
3. An epic battle is beginning between the forces of the zombies, the pirates and the ninjas. To which group will you pledge your mercenary services and why?

Hey guys, nice to meet you all. Sorry I havent been able to respond sooner. Work has been crazy, might have to go out of town this weekend but such is the nature of the beast.

HI Emerson! welcome to the process, what made you pick Final Fantasy online? for your main MMO and why do you like it? :)
Nice to meet you Silentgurl :)

To answer your first question, Ive been a Final Fantasy fan for as long as I can remember, and played a lot of FFXI. I almost didnt stick with FFXIV because the first incarnation of the game was beyond terrible, but I gave it another chance with the reboot. As for your second question, I enjoy the freedom of job changes with just one character, and the gameplay on endgame content is a lot of fun. That, and Sqeenix has always done a great job with storyline, and FFXIV is no exception.

So what is your 2nd favorite FF game?
Nice to meet you Tallon, and an excellent question.

Its a toss up honestly. I still have a soft spot for FFXI, but for the single player its a three way tie between FFVI (FF3 in the states), FFIX and FFX. All of them offer something unique which have eaten up eons of my time lol.

Hiya Emerson, hopefully the shenanigans have not been too trying for you. I have to get to the real questions here to keep things flowing and get a sense of your true nature. So here are my questions to probe the deep mysteries...
1. What in your opinion constitutes the perfect burger- you may specify your patty type (meat/ chicken/ veggie/ turkey/...other?) toppings, sauces, any beer pairings (wine is the wrong answer)
2. Which Super Mario 3 character would you most and least like to go on a cross country road trip and why.
3. An epic battle is beginning between the forces of the zombies, the pirates and the ninjas. To which group will you pledge your mercenary services and why?
And nice to meet you Elviscera, coming at me with the hard hitting questions enquiring minds want to know :D

1) Double Meat Beef patty, with all the essential veggies (lettuce, tomato, onions), bacon and jalapeno. Throw some avocado slices on the side and I could live off of that lol
2) Most likely: Toad, he has all the magic mushrooms :p in all seriousness, I'd have to say Mario, he knows how to get to where hes going. Least likely would be Bowser, he looks like his breath has to stink, and no way I could take a road trip with that kind of funk.
3) Pirates for sure - they have swords AND guns, they'll survive the zombies a lot better than ninjas. IJS

Feel free to ask more. Im liking this app process so far.

Last edited:

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
This app is simply a pure win, I'm going to start to voting off with a clear yes vote.

Thank you for your well thought out reply, and recognition of the magnitude and weight of my inquiries. The U looks for the best and brightest and there's no other way to get to the root of this than to ask the tough questions!

I think that your call on the king of the koopas is probably 100% true. He is also huge and would have all of the issues fitting in the car that Andre the giant experienced trying to fly commercial.

Those are 2 standard seats under that big fella... Depending on your vehicle this could be a big problem. Hopefully we'll stir up some chatter. Good luck in the app process!

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
dill pickled jalapenos are the proud creation of the devil.

And I enjoy that proud creation of the devil very much!

Thank you for the yes vote Tallon, I like everyone I have met so far and Im looking forward to getting to know the rest of the community :)

Sorry for being AWOL, work has had me extremely busy and the location I was at had spotty internet at best, so made it a pain to get online to do anything. Good thing I brought my NVIDIA Shield with me, I loaded a few games on it for entertainment purposes. But Im glad to be back home now.

Top Bottom