App: Druidcraft28 - Neverwinter, GW2 (if I remember how to play it), Overwatch (0/3)

User name: Druidcraft28

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter, GW2 (if I remember how to play it), Overwatch

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? rava@raenielxcuthalion, I can't remember it's been so long, and druidcraft#11895

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Besides existing hmm...I got tanked on a metal cruise and a bunch of (absolutely lovely) Germans were saluting me the next day and I had no idea who they were.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job definitely a white water rafting guide because I mean... the culture is great, the pay is terrible, and the people are the absolute best. The worst - costume assistant at a theme park. 14 hour days, no overtime, and customer service.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Skyrim (mods/screenshots - my favorite place to flesh out my DND character designs), dragon age origins (bc Zevran and Awakening!Anders), Dragon age 2 because bisexual disaster protag is basically my real life and I love that no matter what you do the world goes to hell and it's almost therapeutic because it's more realistic than almost any other game in that regard. Sometimes no matter what you do terrible things happen and it's not because you didn't try. That resonates.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I really can't. My annoyance receptors are subject to my own emotional whims and i can't account for it all the time. Usually any super belligerent personalities will irk me on some level. Sometimes the folks at the bar don't need correcting on nano level star trek trivia.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I've played the violin for over 20 years and went on tour with a fairly well known symphonic metal band in 2010 as their merch girl.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I love the community focus and the fact that players are vetted on a more social level. I'm shite at most games but love a good community, and I want to be part of a mentee/mentor cycle like... I get taught to git gud and then I can turn around and teach someone else how to play and stuff like that.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Best gaming memory for whoever responds to this? Any community pets? Favorite events/crafts/pasttimes? I'm an awkward bean but i love getting to know folks so whatever you want to share is awesome.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
a flask because liquid courage. Or a cat/small animal because I'd die for it. The wise old man should know me well enough to make the right call.

Learnedhand

Promoter
Welcome to the application process,

Sorry nobody responded to this sooner. If you want to join the guild in Neverwinter while your app is pending, you can do so by joining our in game custom chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a recruit invite. You join the channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat box. If you have already caught up with the folks in Neverwinter, don't be shy about asking them to come in here and sing your praises.

So now the hard questions:

Pineapple on pizza, yea or nay?

What plant do you think best describes you? Shrubs and trees are also fair game.

Hey druidcraft, hows things?

I chuckled at your story about getting hammered on the metal cruise. It happens to the best of us. As for best gaming memory, well I'm a little older, so while their are plenty, most of them were from a long time ago. So here's a few: when I was in middle school I was at the arcade and some high schoolers invited me to be the fourth in Gauntlet. I played the elf, and subsequently began stealing all the food. There have been a few memorable Warcraft raid bosses where (as a druid!) I've had to swap roles mid fight, sometimes just for a taunt or some spot healing, where I kind of "saved the day". But one of the best (and oldest) gaming memories was going over to my friends house and seeing him play Ultima 6.......in color!!! Yep, at the time I just had a green-cast monitor for my home PC. That was quite a revelation. He also had Wing Commander, which I hadn't heard about nor seen, and that was pretty epic. Needless to say, I bought the game the next day, and my dad got us a color monitor shortly thereafter.

How about yourself? Any epic gaming moments?

Lastly, I'm not much into metal, but a lot of members here are. Who was this band you traveled with in 2010?

Harplager

Promoter
I love the community focus and the fact that players are vetted on a more social level. I'm shite at most games but love a good community, and I want to be part of a mentee/mentor cycle like... I get taught to git gud and then I can turn around and teach someone else how to play and stuff like that.
This is a good group for that. Most everybody is patient and willing to help. I am terrible at pretty much every game I play, and the STO group brought me on my first group instance (I forget what they're called). After about 15 minutes of them carrying me, they realized I had no clue what I was doing, and in a very friendly manner helped equip me inside the instance to help me. Then after the instance they really got me set up. I'm still bad at STO, but for 1 glorious month or so, I could contribute to group events and not be a drain (I can't remember everyone there, but I remember Obi was there).

What keeps you busy outside of gaming?

Welcome to the application process,

Sorry nobody responded to this sooner. If you want to join the guild in Neverwinter while your app is pending, you can do so by joining our in game custom chat channel, introducing yourself as a new applicant and requesting a recruit invite. You join the channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat box. If you have already caught up with the folks in Neverwinter, don't be shy about asking them to come in here and sing your praises.

So now the hard questions:

Pineapple on pizza, yea or nay?

What plant do you think best describes you? Shrubs and trees are also fair game.
Honestly...I'm indifferent to pineapple on pizza. I wouldn't order it for myself but I've been hungry enough to know not to turn up my nose at food lol

As for plants...we dont get along? I want to love them but I kill them so... yikes?

This is a good group for that. Most everybody is patient and willing to help. I am terrible at pretty much every game I play, and the STO group brought me on my first group instance (I forget what they're called). After about 15 minutes of them carrying me, they realized I had no clue what I was doing, and in a very friendly manner helped equip me inside the instance to help me. Then after the instance they really got me set up. I'm still bad at STO, but for 1 glorious month or so, I could contribute to group events and not be a drain (I can't remember everyone there, but I remember Obi was there).

What keeps you busy outside of gaming?
I work a lot, especially now that my coworker is about to spawn a human from her raunchy bits - I'll be pulling 50+ hour weeks in October but hopefully it'll go away soon thereafter.
Otherwise I do a lot of car singing and dnd haha

Hey druidcraft, hows things?

I chuckled at your story about getting hammered on the metal cruise. It happens to the best of us. As for best gaming memory, well I'm a little older, so while their are plenty, most of them were from a long time ago. So here's a few: when I was in middle school I was at the arcade and some high schoolers invited me to be the fourth in Gauntlet. I played the elf, and subsequently began stealing all the food. There have been a few memorable Warcraft raid bosses where (as a druid!) I've had to swap roles mid fight, sometimes just for a taunt or some spot healing, where I kind of "saved the day". But one of the best (and oldest) gaming memories was going over to my friends house and seeing him play Ultima 6.......in color!!! Yep, at the time I just had a green-cast monitor for my home PC. That was quite a revelation. He also had Wing Commander, which I hadn't heard about nor seen, and that was pretty epic. Needless to say, I bought the game the next day, and my dad got us a color monitor shortly thereafter.

How about yourself? Any epic gaming moments?

Lastly, I'm not much into metal, but a lot of members here are. Who was this band you traveled with in 2010?

I only remember my mom telling me that I couldnt get spyro on any system because I wouldn't make it worth it hours wise.

my fave gaming moment was one of those salty overwatch moments when the dps were yelling about shite heals and I had over 20k because I'm an asshole lol.

As for metal bands - the 2010 fall tour for Design Your Universe by Epica lol. Nothing like a little dutch metal amirite?

Harplager

Promoter
I work a lot, especially now that my coworker is about to spawn a human from her raunchy bits - I'll be pulling 50+ hour weeks in October but hopefully it'll go away soon thereafter.
Otherwise I do a lot of car singing and dnd haha
50 hour weeks are rough, no doubt. How do you find time to play?

Silentgurl

Promoter
I only remember my mom telling me that I couldnt get spyro on any system because I wouldn't make it worth it hours wise.

my fave gaming moment was one of those salty overwatch moments when the dps were yelling about shite heals and I had over 20k because I'm an asshole lol.

As for metal bands - the 2010 fall tour for Design Your Universe by Epica lol. Nothing like a little dutch metal amirite?
glad to see you are still here and active, and dang 50hrs? that is alot work time, and I am also a fan of Overwatch, enjoy the support roles :)

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Have you been able to meet up with any of us online yet?

Learnedhand

Promoter
If you've interacted with any of us in game or in Voice chat, don't be shy about asking them to come sing your praises. Positive member feedback is a good way to get the votes going.

Fhaol

Promoter
Yes I copied and pasted...anyway I love your general attitude And the part about being bad at games yet being accepted is one thing I love about the U. Good luck.
I guess my question might be if you were stranded on an island which would you rather have for company, another human, a dob or a cat?

"I love the community focus and the fact that players are vetted on a more social level. I'm shite at most games but love a good community, and I want to be part of a mentee/mentor cycle like... I get taught to git gud and then I can turn around and teach someone else how to play and stuff like that. "

arkle

Promoter
so I don't like to do this but nothing for about 3 weeks...

going to vote no for inactivity but would rescind if the applicant reappears

NO

Top Bottom