App: DracaeLiberatus - Neverwinter currently. Maybe ARK (used to play) or SW:TOR (want to play) at some point. (4/0)

User name: DracaeLiberatus

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter currently. Maybe ARK (used to play) or SW:TOR (want to play) at some point.

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Dracae Liberatus

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I don't even know where to begin.
I once got so drunk I didn't realize the hot girl I was trying to talk to was inviting me back to her place. That was pretty dumb and embarrassing (mostly in retrospect).
My girlfriend and I also once got detained at a major American airport for transporting cured meats and cheeses back from Italy. After treating her like a smuggler and criminal, they took our salami and let us go. That was pretty embarrassing.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job is my current one. I am a professional forager. We pick and sell (mostly) wild mushrooms and such to restaurants and at farmers markets. I get paid to hike and talk to people about mushrooms. It's pretty much a dream job (aside from the inconsistent pay).
The worst was either working in the kitchen of a restaurant that would average between 0 and 5 customers in a night, or another job waiting tables (I quit after 3 weeks).

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
I keep going back to the Civilization series. Not necessarily always the same version, but I think they're close enough to qualify. Just overall enjoyable with no time requirements (unless you consider accidently playing until 4 a.m. because....one more turn....)

I also played Journeyman 3: Legacy of Time multiple times because it was so well written and interesting. Haven't played in years though, so maybe I'm due.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Ex-neighbor/roommate Dave. He was an alcoholic and would regularly get drunk and taunt me or try to pick fights or just be over-all obnoxious. He once sat outside my bedroom window at 1 or 2 in the morning in his car, blasting music, shouting my name and calling me others, while my GF and I were trying to sleep. I will never miss that guy.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I once picked up and moved to Israel for 6 months because I had nothing better going on.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
It's a great reason to try other games when you get to know people. The vibe over-all from the site and talking to members seems very welcoming and fun.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Where's my free shit??? Nah, j/k! hahaha

I'd rather tailor those to the members I speak to as the site has answered some of the bigger ones about the Guild/Community.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A wooden sword! Because Zelda is the best game series ever invented for consoles and it's one of the reasons I got hooked on RPGs and games in general.

Krishach

Promoter
what prompted the move to Israel? Must have been a heck of an experience.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Sorry for the slow poke response to your app, holidays tend to throw everybody's schedules off and it's also 2020 on top of that.

I'm with you on the Civilization series, I always go back to it and really enjoy the current version. Was there a version of civ that you didn't like very much? For me it was 5, the balance just always felt off to me and they improved the new concepts with 6. Now I say that but Civ 5 improved a lot with the expansions and evolved into a pretty good game but the base game just didn't work for me.

what prompted the move to Israel? Must have been a heck of an experience.
I had been there once before and it was great. I had been working 3 part time jobs here in the States and felt kinda stuck in a rut. I needed to hit the reset button and stir things up a little, so I found an apartment and bought a plane ticket. I wound up working there at a couple different restaurants in Tel Aviv and traveling a bit, but mostly hanging out on the beach and going to night clubs. It was a blast and I've never eaten so much Schawarma in my life!

Sorry for the slow poke response to your app, holidays tend to throw everybody's schedules off and it's also 2020 on top of that.

I'm with you on the Civilization series, I always go back to it and really enjoy the current version. Was there a version of civ that you didn't like very much? For me it was 5, the balance just always felt off to me and they improved the new concepts with 6. Now I say that but Civ 5 improved a lot with the expansions and evolved into a pretty good game but the base game just didn't work for me.
NP. I totally get it.

I don't remember if I started with Civ 1 or 2 (I think the original) and played 3 at some point. I may have missed out on 4 and I definitely didn't play 5. I picked up 6 earlier this year and was playing non-stop for a couple weeks. The mechanics overall are interesting and I really like the City-State/Suzerain system. It gives you some smaller, mid-game goals and obviously boosts depending on your end-game goals. I was mainly only playing the core game though and never got the Gathering Storms expansion, but I heard good things. Only thing that bothered me was while it's definitely interesting that they continue to expand and work on the game, spending a boat-load of money on ever-rolling expansions and added civs seems a little greedy to me. Such is the world of modern gaming though, I suppose.

Fhaol

Promoter
Welcome to the process..I bet customs in Italy had a nice lunch lol! When yu can please choose an avatar, it lets us see into your soul muhahahah... So is NW your first mmo?? good luck!

NW is definitely not my first. I have played at least a dozen. Some more than others. Most of my time was spent in EVE online. Played D&DO for a while, but they have never updated the graphics so it's pretty lame these days. I think one was called Florensia? Some other random ones. If anyone here is old enough, they may remember a text based MMO called Medievia. I think I played it in the very early 00's and it had already been around for 5-7 years at that point.

Krishach

Promoter
We also have done a fair bit of pick up co-oping, to the point I'm losing track of them all... Left 4 Dead 2, Vermintide 2, Killing Floor 2, Among Us, Dead by Daylight... And a few of us have gone into 40k Last Stand, Helldivers, and Space Hulk: Deathwing. Do you play any of these or other co-op games? Are there any you might recommend?

Honestly, I don't think I've played any of those. I've heard of a few but never played much. I've taken a fair bit of time off over the years when work got too crazy. As a chef, it wasn't uncommon to work 70 hours a week and there isn't a ton of time or energy left for gaming after that unfortunately. Most of my experience has been in MMO's or the occasional freebie from Steam/Epic Gaming.

Wanted to pop in here and mention that I've seen Dracae quite a few times in-game and our interactions have always been friendly & nice!
Thank you! I appreciate the help I've gotten so far and I'm looking forward to growing and cooperating more with the team.

ScyLent

NWO
Guild Leader
I like the interactions I have seen ingame with the guild and the alliance folks. I'd like to add a Yes for this one. as well.

arkle

Promoter
Welcome to the process..I bet customs in Italy had a nice lunch lol! When yu can please choose an avatar, it lets us see into your soul muhahahah... So is NW your first mmo?? good luck!
I think he means customs in the US.

Welcome to the guild, I'm going to overlook the DDO comment as there may be a grain of truth in it.

I love Italy, took some Italian lessons when i was at a loose end and spent most of my honeymoon in Italy. My bucket list includes driving a maserati through Italy. Whereabouts did you go? Have you travelled to many other countries?

I second the Italy question! Lived in Rome for 4 years when I was a kid, and even at that kind of age, I still really appreciated a lot of the cool things there. And the food.

I think he means customs in the US.

Welcome to the guild, I'm going to overlook the DDO comment as there may be a grain of truth in it.

I love Italy, took some Italian lessons when i was at a loose end and spent most of my honeymoon in Italy. My bucket list includes driving a maserati through Italy. Whereabouts did you go? Have you travelled to many other countries?
Haha. I'm sorry if you're a diehard DDO fan. I really wanted to like it as much as I did back in the day but I just couldn't get back into it.

Italy was great (and yes I meant customs in NYC when we got back, I think they probably would have been a lot more understanding if it were Italy. Lol). First time was Milan and Genoa. Second time was Rome (after a few nights in Paris).

Other than those couple places in Europe, I've been to Mexico, a few islands in the Caribbean and Canada (Toronto area mostly). Lots of other places on the bucket list though. Oh, and the 2 trips to Israel as well.

How about you guys? Travelers? Are most of you based in North America or all over?

Top Bottom