App: Dermelso - Neverwinter, WoW, DDO, Warframe (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter, WoW, DDO, Warframe

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Dermelso

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
Not that I know of.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
This actually happened just this past weekend; My family and I are we're going skydiving. I had never been but my sister wanted me to go and since it was for her birthday how could I refuse; anyway we were up in the plane at 14,000 feet, I'm sitting there strapped to my instructor, the guy by the door says "Alright, need you guys to stand up in the order that y'all are jumping.", me being the only one who wished they stayed on the ground goes to the back of the line. The door opens, my sister who was jumping first 'posts up' all I hear is my the instructor yelling in my ear "DON'T WATCH!!" Well as you can imagine, I watched my sister let go and get sucked out of the plane and boy howdy am I glad that I chose to wear dark jeans because I pissed myself right then and there. However, I did jump and I would do it again in a heart beat.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job I've ever had was probably when I was 18. I worked at this place called "Retrocade", now if any of you are old enough to remember going to the arcade after school with your pals then you have a good idea of what this place was. It was an old school gamers haven, five dollars to get in and play any game from open to close any day of the week. You could leave for part of the day and come back at any time as long as you made sure to get one of these little stamp cards that had the date for that day on it. The pay might not have been the greatest but I would go to work there again if I still lived near it.

The worst job I ever had was probably either when I worked fast food as a teen or when I worked in the shipping department at a footlocker distribution center. Working fast food wasn't all bad but being screamed at by a customer over a sandwich you had no part in making and your manager not doing anything to help deal with the situation even after you've already had the sandwich remade for them; let me just tell you it sucks majorly when your boss won't try to help you out but instead takes it out of your pay for the food having to be remade. I was so happy the day that I got my last check from there.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
The whole Mass Effect Trilogy, Bioshock and Bioshock 2, Tron, The Legend of Zelda for the NES, and Super Mario Bros for the NES.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I had a lady follow me around a Wal-Mart for 20 minutes because she thought I was an employee just because I had on a blue shirt.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I'm not sure it falls under cool but I can do a weird little trick with my arms. I'll post a video of it for you all to see.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
When I was reading over the Guild Charter all I could think was these are things I do already or with number 7 of The Ten Commandments of The U 'Thou Shalt Not Sell Items In Game To Thy Fellow Guildies' all I could think was yeah you'd have to be a real prick to screw over someone on the same side as you. Another reason I chose Unrepentant over some other gaming guild is, y'all seem like good people and it would be fun to get to know y'all over a drink wether in game or at a pub in real life.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What was the first game you ever played that you completed?
Mine was Super Mario Bro on the NES with the help of my mom.

How did you find a place like this? How does it compare to other places you been apart of?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A horn to call for aid from those who've walked this path before. For it is never weak to admit you can not do everything on your own.

williamsond

DDO Usurper
cool trick, which server do you play DDO on? I'm playing quite a lot at the moment we're on sarlona if you haven't already hit us up in game for a guild invite and some adventuring. most of my characters start with dave the one i'm on the most is davextra.

what was the first game you ever played that you completed?
its so long ago but probably golden axe on the amiga 500

How did you find a place like this? How does it compare to other places you been apart of?

There was this white panel van and a distinct smell of chloroform and next thing i knew i was ductaped to a pc chair being forced with a cattle prod to fill out an application, thanks to ChefB i never looked back.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Wow, did that fast food job really take mistakes on orders out of your pay? I worked at Hardees when I was 18 and that sort of thing never happened. How long did you work at this place?

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hi Dermelso! Welcome the App Process Dude, I see you are applying with a few games, DDO is my main MMO I play, actually working on my 4th life as a cleric right now. What class do you play? and what got you interested in the game? compared to the other mmos etc...If you need any help at all, please let one of us know, and we will be happy to help...You should be getting a guild invite soon! and Best of luck with your App, hopefully we will see you soon in game :)

Williamsond, I'm not sure what server it has me on but I'm gonna be switching over to sarlona, I'm gonna hit you up for an adventure or two if we happen to be on at the same time. I also played Golden Axe, sadly it was later in life and on the xbox but it was a fun game nonetheless.

Tallon, yeah they really did take it out of my pay. It was only like five bucks but when you are only making $7.25 an hour it makes a difference. I had been working there about three months when that happened but was there in total about six months.

Silentgurl, Thanks, happy to be here! I think I'm running a Dwarf mage at the moment but he's only level 2. I originally started playing Dungeons and Dragons on tabletop back when I was like 5 or 6 years old and gradually as me and my friends got older we switched from tabletop to online so I guess you could say I've always had an interest in D&D and playing DDO just felt like a natural next step and I've never really stopped loving it even if most people give it a hard time for it not being the most graphically beautiful, it still hits that little place it my heart its always held.

Last edited:

Silentgurl

Promoter
Williamsond, I'm not sure what server it has me on but I'm gonna be switching over to sarlona, I'm gonna hit you up for an adventure or two if we happen to be on at the same time. I also played Golden Axe, sadly it was later in life and on the xbox but it was a fun game nonetheless.

Tallon, yeah they really did take it out of my pay. It was only like five bucks but when you are only making $7.25 an hour it makes a difference. I had been working there about three months when that happened but was there in total about six months.

Silentgurl, Thanks, happy to be here! I think I'm running a Dwarf mage at the moment but he's only level 2. I originally started playing Dungeons and Dragons on tabletop back when I was like 5 or 6 years old and gradually as me and my friends got older we switched from tabletop to online so I guess you could say I've always had an interest in D&D and playing DDO just felt like a natural next step and I've never really stopped loving it even if most people give it a hard time for it not being the most graphically beautiful, it still hits that little place it my heart its always held.
nice Dude! and cool on the Dwarf mage, never did that before since I joined the Ueys in DDO, and I saw you enjoyed Bioshock, Dude! one of my favorite franchise. Bioshock infinite stole my heart, with the DLCS, and how they connected the ending to the First game. I was blown away, I think I cried lol knowing it was over, such a good story and it was a shooter...I enjoy shooter games as well lol :)

I played very little of Bioshock Infinite have been meaning to pick it back up. I loved what I played of it and am probably gonna pick it up again after I finish the first two again.

arkle

Promoter
Nice to see my guys and Gurls on the scene promoting DDO, although if/when you are accepted you can join any Ueys branch. For that matter you can get a provisional invite in any of them too while we chatter in your app thread.

However (and I blame Dave) no one has given you the low down on the app process so here goes. You get to play in game, meet up with fellow Ueys and hopefully we like you and you like us...stay active in the app and in no time at all (but which could actually be 2-3 weeks) the votes flow in and you get anointed - you need 4 YES votes by Ufficers (like me and Dave) to be accepted. Or for whatever reason (drama, meltdown or just plain inactivity) you get 3 NO votes and we go our separate ways.

I am going to assume Dermelso is your alts name in game? I'll try an in game invite. If that's not the name of your alt find me in game or post it in this thread; you can have multiple provisional invites if you play multiple characters.

Now is an excellent time to be in DDO, with all content free til 31 August and all adventure packs about to be made free permanently.

The two games I am proud to have finished are the Hobbit on the ZX Spectrum so around 1983ish and Halls of the Things, also around the same period.

Question for you - why a dwarven wizard? Why dwarven and why a wizard?

Good luck!

arkle

Promoter
No alt by that name; let me know who to send the invite to.

Or is the transfer wizard misbehaving?

Last edited:
So as for the name of my character, the Dwarven wizard I think the name is Ashfellow, currently having trouble getting the game to actually launch and it just says error updating, just like the name for my Neverwinter character. If you'd like when/if I get DDO working I'll post the names for my characters.

As for why I went with a Dwarf, they are known to be master craftsmen, sturdy as a rock and as strong as an bison but they get little recognition for their magical abilities. While yes they might not be as magically gifted as an Elf they still have the determination and skill to aid their allies, whether it be by casting defensive or offensive spells or imbuing armor and weapons with enchantments for an upcoming battle. Let's not forget however that in D&D your character can be whatever you want it to be as long as you are having a good time. Just realized I never answered the "Why a wizard?" well to be frank I like being able to support my comrades from a distance or being able to take an enemy down before they can get near me.

Silentgurl

Promoter
So as for the name of my character, the Dwarven wizard I think the name is Ashfellow, currently having trouble getting the game to actually launch and it just says error updating, just like the name for my Neverwinter character. If you'd like when/if I get DDO working I'll post the names for my characters.

As for why I went with a Dwarf, they are known to be master craftsmen, sturdy as a rock and as strong as an bison but they get little recognition for their magical abilities. While yes they might not be as magically gifted as an Elf they still have the determination and skill to aid their allies, whether it be by casting defensive or offensive spells or imbuing armor and weapons with enchantments for an upcoming battle. Let's not forget however that in D&D your character can be whatever you want it to be as long as you are having a good time. Just realized I never answered the "Why a wizard?" well to be frank I like being able to support my comrades from a distance or being able to take an enemy down before they can get near me.
nice! I'll be sure to try and get you an invite to the DDO guild, and nice on your character Dude :) Any plans for your weekend?

Silentgurl

Promoter
I played very little of Bioshock Infinite have been meaning to pick it back up. I loved what I played of it and am probably gonna pick it up again after I finish the first two again.
sweet! I just got infinite for my switch, and it's adjusting to get a handle on the controls lol so use to PC haha

arkle

Promoter
I have tried to send Ashfellow a guild invite but thegame says that name is unknown; presumably down to the transfer problem you are having.

My hardcore transfers started working this morning so if it's one of the same problems it might work now.

sweet! I just got infinite for my switch, and it's adjusting to get a handle on the controls lol so use to PC haha
How is it on switch? As for my plans this weekend I was gonna go play paint ball with my family but its just to hot for that.

I have tried to send Ashfellow a guild invite but thegame says that name is unknown; presumably down to the transfer problem you are having.

My hardcore transfers started working this morning so if it's one of the same problems it might work now.
I'll try again to get DDO to launch thinking its just an updater problem like the line is just being dropped or something. Was looking at my settings in the launcher and they had been set back to the default so maybe changing them back to what I had them will do the trick.

Got it to finally update and was able to switch servers!!!!!! Yay!!! So now to create a new character on the right server.

Finally got to the mail box and accepted the invite, Korthos took longer than I expected

Silentgurl

Promoter
How is it on switch? As for my plans this weekend I was gonna go play paint ball with my family but its just to hot for that.

I'll try again to get DDO to launch thinking its just an updater problem like the line is just being dropped or something. Was looking at my settings in the launcher and they had been set back to the default so maybe changing them back to what I had them will do the trick.
The graphics are really good actually...it will be fun to play it again on the switch, different gaming experience for that :)

Top Bottom