App: Derangedtaco - Mainly FF14, maybe future MMORPG's. (3/1)

Fhaol

Promoter
I like the honesty and replies here..just for the fun of it you can always come play ESO with some of us if cartoony isnt your thing :) anyway what would you do here??

Good Luck!!

I like the honesty and replies here..just for the fun of it you can always come play ESO with some of us if cartoony isnt your thing :) anyway what would you do here??

Good Luck!!
I was pretty heavily into ESO for a couple months earlier this year, actually. I might go back to it for the next chapter.

arkle

Promoter
Wheel of Time - I am going to be on a small island of my own here. I read 5 or 6 of them, started okay, went down hill, by the time i stopped thoroughly disillusioned with a thick 600ish page book in which nothing at all happened.

Harplager

Promoter
Yeah, different industries have different requirements and stuff for people with records. Luckily it wasn't a felon, but it's still a pretty serious misdemeanor. It helps that I finished probation with little to no problems, though.
Yeah, I wasn't meaning to downplay your situation. But I understand.

FF14 questions: what is your favorite job, and why am I such a bad BLM?

Wheel of Time - I am going to be on a small island of my own here. I read 5 or 6 of them, started okay, went down hill, by the time i stopped thoroughly disillusioned with a thick 600ish page book in which nothing at all happened.
Yeah, it's..... well.... it's a tough series to read sometimes. The first 5 or 6 were tough for me to read too, as I felt like nothing was happening and the main characters were too slowly coming into their own. It gets better, but it can be a slog to read through for awhile. I mean, it's a 14-book series, so some books are going to be slow. My brother put me and my sister onto it (coincidentally, my brother read it when he was in jail for some dumb shit back in the early 2000's) a couple years ago and I almost had to skip the 3rd book, The Great Hunt, because of it's slow pace. Robert Jordan died in 2007, so Brandon Sanderson (of Mistborn and The Stormlight Archive fame) was brought in to complete it, but Jordan had written extensive notes on the final book, which was later decided to be so big they separated it into 3 books. I'd suggest giving it another try, maybe even try the audiobook, it was a great alternative for me.
Yeah, I wasn't meaning to downplay your situation. But I understand.

FF14 questions: what is your favorite job, and why am I such a bad BLM?
Ahh, I didn't take it as you downplaying my situation, just giving some advice and some firsthand information. I appreciated it!

I've only been playing it for the last week or so (plus a month in 2017, where I only got a Paladin to the 50's.... I think), but I've been enjoying Warrior. I'm what you could call a career tank. I've mainly tanked in pretty much every MMORPG I've played, that had a Holy Trinity (Tank, Healer, DPS) system, and others that had a wider class/role system. But, FF14 seems to have a good balance of interesting classes, so I've been having fun with warrior (definitely going to try Gunbreaker at some point, I love Gunblades).

BLM.... idk. Seems like a pretty complicated rotation and class mechanics.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I'm adding another yes vote to this one.

arkle

Promoter
I've no problem with long books/long series, I've read Malazan twice...in fact I look a little askance as stand alone books or books of under 300/400 pages.

I'm reading book 3 of Mistborn now, thought i would try it given all the hype it gets from various booktubers. I'd say i enjoy it enough to keep going but not enough to spend my free time reading rather than gaming.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
BLM.... idk. Seems like a pretty complicated rotation and class mechanics.
BLM is being a one-person mortar team, you need to know the mechanics of a fight well enough that you're ready to deploy in the right spot at the right time, ahead of time, unload your volley, and then be ready to reposition while using your instant spells like scathe, procs like Firestarter and Thundercloud, and abilities like Quickcast and Triplecast to keep your damage up while you scoot to the next mechanic and keep your rotation going.

It's tough, but if done right you are the DPS champ, hands-down, and it's very rewarding.

BLM is being a one-person mortar team, you need to know the mechanics of a fight well enough that you're ready to deploy in the right spot at the right time, ahead of time, unload your volley, and then be ready to reposition while using your instant spells like scathe, procs like Firestarter and Thundercloud, and abilities like Quickcast and Triplecast to keep your damage up while you scoot to the next mechanic and keep your rotation going.

It's tough, but if done right you are the DPS champ, hands-down, and it's very rewarding.
Yep, Z has that spot on. BLM can be very frustrating on fights that require a ton of movement. If you can just plant your feet and start casting... you're basically an artillery cannon at that point. Lots of Fire IVs and a couple of back to back Xenoglossy casts and things just melt.

FYI I reached out to Derangedtaco last night with a gentle / friendly nudge regarding the app being idle. He did not respond and removed himself from the Discord server.

Krishach

Promoter
Yipes. Thank you Kalaan. Seemed like this was nearing finished, but hadn't heard a ton from the FFXIV team.

With that and 2 weeks past, I vote NO unless taco connects in-game with some UEYs. I know sometimes the UEYs don't get to posting, but I was hoping to hear at least from Taco about tagging up in-game.

Top Bottom