App: DangerTharp - Diablo III, Neverwinter, ESO, POE, BL3 (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Diablo III, Neverwinter, ESO, POE, BL3

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Neverwinter: Haedrig

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
Not yet/Unknown

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
So back when I worked in Florida my friends and I would head to the beach and then go to my apartment to drink and play video games. One of those games as Drinking Dance Central. It's like regular Dance Central, but the winner drinks for 2 reasons. 1. Drinking is a reward not a punishment. 2. The winner gets progressively worse/drunker the more they win, thus creating a more even playing field. One Saturday my wife was working until 6 or 7, my friend Meizy was over with one of his "sisters" (weird as shit, right?) and a couple other friends to include Brown and his girl Nelly. One of our friends who hadn't shown up yet was Bryant, who was notoriously late due to important things such as WoW farming. So everyone convinces me to go log in and see if he's on. Well, I go back to the ocmputer room and log in to find that he's there and start taking to him. Meanwhile, everyone else in the living room is left to their own dancing and drinking devices. I finally convince him to quit fucking around and head over and get just to the hall when I am stopped in my tracks. I see Meizy's girl half naked, dancing suggestively to dance central (probably getting a shitty score, but 10/10 IRL). As I'm about to say WTF is going on here, the front door opens and my wife takes in the room, and does get to say WTF. Everyone in the room looks at me, then my wife and doesn't say anything, they all just burst out laughing. To this day, I doubt my wife believes me when I tell her I had no knowledge of what was happening in the living room. Later, I had found out that Nelly was dancing and made a remark challenging the other girl to dance saying something about "her ass hanging out". Well, she challenged a girl who was apparently a stripper as her profession and she was MORE THAN up to the task. I love that story because it is just so absurd and straight out of a sitcom. I know I've done dumb stuff too but that story is top ten hilarity for me.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
My current work is traveling all across the world working on radars to optimize them and ensure we have a good air picture wherever we have radars. It's great for a lot of reasons; I get to do important work, see the world, and get nice travel pay for it too. My worst job was definitely working at Gamestop. You get entitled, shitty customers who lack any hint of empathy that are rude as hell to everyone they can be. You get Moms asking why they don't make Wii games anymore. You get people who are mad that you don't have rare game X for old system Y. I don't miss that gig at all.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Diablo, Path of Exile, and DOOM. For Diablo and POE, I'm a sucker for aRPGs and both of these have meaningful hardcore modes. I like to live dangerously and have deaths mean something. They also feature great end game progression and seasonal content which keeps me coming back for more. DOOM, it doesn't matter which game in the series it is, there is just something perfect about slaying demons with a shotgun, speed, and anger.

Bonus article I wrote for Stack Up (to give back to them) about POE:

https://stackup.org/review-welcome-to-the-path-of-exile/

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
So this would actually apply to 2 people who shared the same traits. Both I met while working in the Air Force (strange...). Both these guys always have the "right" answers no matter what; are chronic 1-uppers, no matter what the subject is, and arguments never end until they win or you're tired of talking to them. It does not give bonus points to the service that I met both these people while in the AF.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
So this is kind of cheating as it's still gaming tangential...Basically I wrote a huge essay and campaigned for my friends to also to get our one friend who had fallen on hard times a PC from this awesome organization called Stack Up that helps vets thru gaming. It was probably one of the genuine best things I've done. Felt great AND we got our buddy back online.

Interview and unboxing:
https://youtu.be/eHUwD6NQniM

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I like that you guys are a multi-game guild, because I've got way too many games and jump around them fairly often. I like that you guys want to be good at games but not so much to be elitist assholes. On the other hand, you're not OMG LIKE SO RANDOM LE ULTIMATE Trollz! Cause y'know I'm not 12 anymore.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
You boys like Mexico?!
How is your quarantine going(if you're on it)?
Have you ever done a guild meet up at a con like BlizzCon or something?
What's a good recent MMO aside from WoW, ESO, or Neverwinter?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A flask, cause I'll be damned if I'm saving Zelda for the 30th time sober.

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Ufficer
Hi there tharp...I guess you wanted to be known as Danger...

Good looking app to start with, lots of detail for us to dig in to.

Self isolating - well working at home with my two teenagers while the wife is at work (NHS - key worker although not front line). Counting this as day one...

Mexico - last proper holiday but mostly the touristy things so don't feel like I really visited the real country, or more than one small aspect of it. Went to Chichen Itza, which was on my lifetime list.

I believe there have been a couple of guild meet ups but as they are in the US and I'm not, didnt pay too much attention

I'm only playing DDO, which is by no means recent, although they do regular new content and expansions.

Some of us are definitely fans of Mexico. Some of us live real close too :p

Welcome to the app process. Thats a host of games you have there, especially some time-consuming ones. What are your top 2 primaries?

Do you play any casual MP games? We've got a few roaming around that are near and dear to me, though I got thrown into BL3 headfirst. We also play Deathwing, Vermintide 2, and quite a few other shooters. I also enjoy some top downs like Helldivers (Liber-tea!!)

Last edited:
I'm fine with what ever honestly, just been my tag at this point for more years than not lol ;)

Sadly our DoD here seems to think I am essential even though without travel...which the have restricted...I'm not lol.

uhhh sorry for the Mexico question I just had the movie SUper Troopers on the mind for....reasons.

I've tried DDO but was solo at the time so never really gave it a fair shot, but I remember like some way's they actually mirrored DnD.

My 2 primary games currently would probably be POE and ESO. Diablo I always come back to each new season but,well it's kind of wierd cause that's what happens with both POE and Diablo so I guess the main one is ESO which I haven't played too too much lately. I love a lot of MP games though, Vermintide for sure being one of them (have deathwing,haven't had anyone to play with), I've got helldivers and its a blast, but only for PS4. I did pick up killsquad on PC cause it kinda looked like it, but haven't gotten to try it. Basically with gaming, as long as it isn't a sports game, I either have played or am willing to play any of em.

Edit: Forgot about Deathwing.

Chatted wit Tharp a bit in /uey last night. Seemed like good people, even though we’re still waiting on the video footage...

haha wait you didn't see it, well shit it disappeared from the internets forever and my phone exploded, damn...

Well I dont usually read apps because of eye strain but I am following this one and I got to say I like it so far...jus sayin...

We aim to please here at Danger Industries, we take care of the tank, you take care of the spank:cool:

Because my vision is shitty and im lazy why did you ask about Mexico??We I was young we lived at Holloman AFB New Mexico and would go to Juarez to explore and eat. We even learned a little Spanish in grade school. I love the latin culture. I forget are you playing ESO with us and if so whats your in game name??

Was just quoting Super Troopers no real reason, in fact I havene't been to Mexico myself so idk one way or the other lol. I've got ESO: my highest guy is named Stealtharp which is all about that sneaky stabby, action cancelly burst, esp in PvP. Really I either kill the shit outta someone, or die immediately. I've also got The Paladin Blue (unkillable PvP healer), and The Fiery Phoenix (tank). And no, I have no idea wtf i was doing with the names in this game lol. oh and uh user id overall is @jere1231

Learnedhand

Ufficer
Welcome to the application process,

Everything looks good so far. I'm gonna dust off a question that used to be on our application here at the U: what's your plan for the zombie apocalypse?

Also, pineapple on pizza, yea or nay?

ermagherd two traps lol

Welcome to the application process,

Everything looks good so far. I'm gonna dust off a question that used to be on our application here at the U: what's your plan for the zombie apocalypse?

Also, pineapple on pizza, yea or nay?

For the zombie apocalypse there's a lot of variables to take into account...walkers? island life ASAP. Runners like 28 Days Later? find the nearest goddamn zombie and get it over with, I WILL NOT be running around that much. Pineapple on pizza is a no for me, but I'm also a meat and cheese only kinda guy. Like IF im eating veggies or fruits, they are by themselves. I'll eat a salad, but lettuce on a burger can go pound sand.

Top Bottom