App: Cretaala - Neverwinter (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Cretaala (Warlock)

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
Yes seanbhaskins

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
OK OK.. I once had a fan "girl" moment when I drove to Miami to meet Matt Mercer from Critical Role... my two buddies and I drove all the way from Jacksonville to MIA and because they drove the morning of from NY to FL I drove it... Anyway we stayed at the hotel the where the conference was held the next day and we go walking to the elevator to our room.. I heard the GODS voice and by the time I turned around to see him at a table with some friends my buddy Jeff was like BRO keep walking KEEP WALKING lol.. We went us stairs and I am like DUDE I do not even know what to say to him LOL. Long story short we had a drink with him and got about 10 min of his time to just share with him! It was the most embarrassing / amazing thing I have done as an adult....

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job (I do not charge for it!) is to be a DM for 5E... my friends all wanted to play (12 of us) so I got the MM and the DMG and put in work. Have been playing for 2 years and as soon as they finish this story I have another story planned for the next go round!
Worst job... I mean any that you HAVE to work for a boss in general lol but honestly when I was in HS I worked at a seafood restaurant in the kitchen.. I went home smelling of NASTY fish for two weeks and said HELL NA I can not do this!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
FF7, Mario because MARIO and I always love playing Dark Age of Camelot but that has mostly come to an end at this point, the free shards are OK.
FF7 because I can do it on my phone as a rom and just because it is a decent game... DAoC I played for about 7 years with some of my great friends and we build a guild and all, still friends with these folks in REAL LIFE!

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My son and because I created him and he is too much like his mom however I love him and I have full custody of him SO I am fixing him :)

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
My son and I like to go camping AND AirSoft, the pain is such a rush to me (yea I used a song, SO WHAT) AirSoft not only helps me loose weight and helps me spend more time with my son NOT doing school work or cleaning but it lets me shoot a MOFO in the face LOL.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
My buddy Sean told me two things I loved, you all play MUTI games which I am happy to do, I am not a fan of spending another 7 years on one game only AND once you are in you can not get out like a GANG and I have some of the best friends from my other guild SO hopefully this one works out for me!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
How many of you all TRULY game without pants on? lol.... JK Don't answer that!
Why the U?
I am not a HUGE drinker so is that going to be a problem? Do I need to drink more to hang out? lol

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A Sword and because you are Link in the game Zelda and you need it to stay alive! FYI one of the best games ever right behind Mario!

Silentgurl

Promoter
HI Cretaala! Welcome to the App Process, and someone who is a yellow named person should be by soon to run you on how we do things here...I see you enjoy playing Mario as part of your top 3 games....I loved Mario as a child, and thats what got me into gaming world in the first place...glad to see another fan of maria! I see you play Neverwinter, I play that when I can lol I have level 13 Pladdin in there, but you will rarely see me in there sadly lol I do enjoy my time when I get to go in there and play...What is it about Neverwinter that you enjoy about it? and If you have any questions or need any help, please let us know..we will be glad to help you...Good Luck with your App! :)

Welcome to The Process, cretaalla!!

So here is a basic rundown of how this goes. Think of this as a first date type of thing. You need to interact with the app process quite a bit to keep us appraised of what's going on. The main reason folks get rejected is lack of interaction. Go check out the rejected/accepted apps to see what I mean. We also 100% understand real life kicking peoples arses so we give a good bit of leeway for talking to us but do let us know if somethings going on.
4 yes votes get you IN and 3 no get you OUT but with well wishes. Yellow names (ufficers), greens (community leaders), purples (penultimate power gods aka guild leaders) can all vote. Reds are regular members and we rely on them to get a good feel for when we don't play the same games.

So right away I feel iffy here. You question us on drinking, whether or not we actually lack PANTS, AND think you gotta not NOT drink to be here... Well I NEVER.

Actually I have never. So.... :)

Another DAOC feller, eh? What realm were you in and server? How long?
For me it was maybe 6mos after release that I got sucked in and that game was my crack for 8 or 9 years. I'vet ried going back a few times but just can't manage it. I DO miss the combat and the PVE dearly though.
Igraine/Midgard for life, yo!

Gwynn

Community Officer
Hello Cretaala, welcome to the application process. I enjoyed reading your app, excellent start.

A quick rundown of the process, if Sean didn't give it to you. The purpose of the application process is for us to get to know you, and you to get to know us. We like to determine if you're a good fit for the community (and vice versa). The best way to do that is to have some back and forth here, and interact with you in the game(s) of your choice. Neverwinter is a pretty active game, so that shouldn't be difficult. If you're not already in our in game chat channel, join it by typing

/channel_join Uey

And say hi. Let folks know you're an applicant, and you'd like an invitation.

You'll need either 4 yes votes or 3 no votes to determine the outcome of your application. While those votes will come from Yellow names (Ufficers), feedback from Red names (members) is especially important. Make sure you're letting folks know that you're an applicant, and you'd appreciate if they'd leave some feedback in your thread.

Now for the Q&A portion. I'll start off by answering a few of your questions, then asking a few of my own.

I don't know how many of us TRULY game without pants on, but I'm guessing at least a few do. It's really more of a state of mind. Relax, kick your pants (or shoes) off, have a refreshing beverage of your choice (doesn't have to be booze) and enjoy your game time with fellow, like minded adults. We try to keep it as drama free as possible. That said, while we don't require you to drink alcohol... you might be driven to at some point. You're a (single?) parent though, if the kiddo doesn't do it to ya, we likely won't either.

How do you know/how long have you known Sean? How long have you been playing Neverwinter, and what got you started?

Learnedhand

Promoter
I game with no pants on. Truly. It's liberating. ​my wife hates it.

On a different note, pick youself an avatar.

Last edited:

Sovya

Unrepentant Social Coordinator
Maestro
Why The U...as in, why did we choose this community? Why did we name it this? Why is that our nickname? I'll just answer the 2 questions from that that I can. I joined the U because my husband told me too and the guys I had played with were awesome and didn't care that I had boobs. 'The U' is just to shorten the name. As for why that name, Foulsoul or Dao needs to answer that one cuz I dunno.

I am also not a huge drinker and they all still like me so you'll be fine :D

I game with pants on and a blanket cause it's gets cold... If i lived in a place like Arizona I probably wouldn't bother though!

And you sound like an amazing mom. My mother never had any real interest in anything I did. I don't blame her for not wanting to go to my swim meets or CC meets, because those are not spectator sports, but yeah. Having a mom that plays airsoft with you? Sounds cool as hell!

It depends on the time of day if there is no pants on. There comes a point where I'm not headed out anymore, and that's all she wrote.

As for drinking, I'll go rounds on the merits of Barq's root beer over any other beer any day and they still keep me around.

Do you have any pets, or pet stories to share?

Rev

Mr, you need to talk to these people and follow your application.

I messaged them earlier today telling them they should come back here and talk to ya guys, no response ingame..

Learnedhand

Promoter
NO for inactivity. As usual, I'll consider rescinding if the applicant comes back and engages us

Last edited:
YES that is my ugly ass leg but cool TATTOO lol.

I enjoy the fact that I do not have to play ALL the time like I did with DAoC (being the healer came be a good and bad thing LOL) and that I can SOLO something a healer can not do in DAoC. Plus I got a good friend on it that loves to play too who is in CO (I am in FL) so it gives us time to connect again! IF you come play I will run you through anything as I love to play the main story line! Helps with my D&D game!

Another DAOC feller, eh? What realm were you in and server? How long?
MID, Shammy named Cretaala, Skald named NeoCrist and AUG HEALER named Cretaala also on the CLASSIC SERVER which was my FAV RR10, How long... OMG this is sad but I played almost all 10 years I was married, then figured out I did not like her when I was not playing LOL so I went back for a bit until I started traveling! We did try ALB and HIB but I always went back to MID!!! :)

How do you know/how long have you known Sean? How long have you been playing Neverwinter, and what got you started?
Sean and I have been friends RL for about 5 years maybe longer, he was the one person who helped me start my D&D group (yes I am a DM and I prefer to write my own stories) then left Florida and moved to Colorado but I still LUVS him... I can now play D&D with him. That is why we picked Neverwinter! What got me start... kind of sad but I broke it off with this cute red head (cra cra as hell LOL) and needed something to fill my time so WHY NOT video games!!!!!

On a different note, pick youself an avatar.
NO.. OK I guess I can try, I just have Avatar's lol but let me find an OK one!

why did we choose this community?
Honestly I like folks who have a good time gaming and don't make you feel like you have to play 24/7, Sean told me you all are like that, you understand that people have to have real lives also! #SUCKSBEINGANADULT

Having a mom that plays airsoft with you?
I am a dad but still a bad ass playing air soft LOL I will post one more pic of Sean and I playing airsoft in a bit, he lived in FL at one point now lives in CO.

Do you have any pets, or pet stories to share?
I LOVE PETS but I live in an apartment with my son only (yes I am a DAD who has full custody of my son!) so we feel it is unfair to get a pet here unless we get two of them but two dogs is cra cra unless we have a house. NOW I do pet sit ALL the time and LOVE IT.. come to Uncle Jose's when mama goes out of TOWN!! WOW that sounded creepier than I thought LOL.

PLEASE change the NO's to Yess, I will check this form every day going forward, just did not understand the process (yes I am a bit slow) as Sean!

BTW I meet a GOD.. I love Matt Mercer (not like that, well maybe lol)

Silentgurl

Promoter
YES that is my ugly ass leg but cool TATTOO lol.

I enjoy the fact that I do not have to play ALL the time like I did with DAoC (being the healer came be a good and bad thing LOL) and that I can SOLO something a healer can not do in DAoC. Plus I got a good friend on it that loves to play too who is in CO (I am in FL) so it gives us time to connect again! IF you come play I will run you through anything as I love to play the main story line! Helps with my D&D game!

Nice! and Awesome Tattoo btw..I love mario, always have even at age 28 lol haha...I'm also a game hopper, so you probably see me game hop alot as well...I do enjoy Neverwinter whenever I get the time to do so for sure! :)

I plan on doing that whole leg at some point, Samus, Link, Mega Man, Kirby and then all the rest will be brinks like those are art on the wall of NES games :)

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Jacksonville, woo!

You just missed it - a few of us Ueys got together at Blackfinn yesterday for Baconfest. How long have you been in Jax? Like it here? What part of town are you in? I promise I won't stalk or anything, man...

Last edited:

Silentgurl

Promoter
Jacksonville, woo!

You just missed it - a few of us Ueys got together at Blackfinn yesterday for Baconfest. How long have you been in Jax? Like it here? What part of town are you in? I promise I won't stalk or anything, man...
yeah, I wouldn't take his word on that one =p haha...just saying lol

Top Bottom