App: Coral_Reef_Fish - Neverwinter, Also play Neverwinter Nights, Roll20, League of Legends, Magic the Gathering Arena/Online, (0/0)

User name: Coral_Reef_Fish

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter, Also play Neverwinter Nights, Roll20, League of Legends, Magic the Gathering Arena/Online,

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? In Neverwinter, my character is named "Drake Cabaret"

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I was doing a Monty Python Impression yelling at the top of my voice, thinking I was all alone. Someone looked in and thought I was insane. As a side event it impressed a girl I had my eye on so it turned out great.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I was the director of research computing at a med facility. It is great because I get all kinds of scientist needing help. The worst job I've done is cleaning chicken barns with months of chicken shit on the floor. We raised chickens who shit on the floor until they were trucked off to the abattoir.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Neverwinter Nights. I love the way you can make a mini-MMO and let all kinds of people play it.
Second Life: I like the open concept. I like creating things.
Defender. The original Williams coin op game. I like the high skill high reward.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Gordon Philips: He used to beat me up in grade one. Because of him, I'm scarred for life since grade one.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
When I was ten years old I stole a pack of cigarettes from my dad's car. He didn't say anything. But he never smoked after that. Out of respect for him I don't smoke. [edit] Re-reading this I realize this is mainly something cool about my dad, not me. But I think about this a lot now that he's dead.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I liked the charter and rules. They remind me of Monty Python. It says to me that this guild is a lot of fun and has people worth knowing.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
I was playing "Neverwinter" and thought I would like to roleplay with some other people, maybe voice with discord.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
It's an instrument of the Ancients! A black Gibson SG electric guitar. Exactly like the one Angus Young from AC/DC uses. With trembling hands I strap on the wireless instrument and begin to shred "Thunderstruck" ... Goblins howl in the distance and a pandemonium ensues. ((I'm learning to play "Thunderstruck" in real life at the moment))

Last edited:
My non gaming passions are mountain biking, playing guitar and singing. I also do hiking, photography and scuba dive.

Last edited:

Fhaol

Promoter
Heheheh welcome to the process Great another guitar player...I recently usted mine off picked up a new Katana 50 MKII to give my 50 year old Princeton a rest. Si I wouldnt sacrifice my SG, get you a P or J bass them things are heavy!!! PLease get you an avatar asap, it helps us tell your character. Have you ever tried Elder scrolls online?? Its alot less cartoony than some MMos but I guess its a taste thing. Please keep up with your app and good luck. Rock on!!!

Really nice to see another guitar player!!!

I was thinking about getting the Katana 50 Mk II or even the Katana 100 MKII for the effects loop and the footswitch bar. I was also looking at new Fender GTX amp. I have an ancient Fender Vibro-Champ. I was going to replace the 60 year old dried out capacitors and resistors. I'm mainly playing my 1968 Custom Telecaster. I need to get my SG repaired, the neck broke off!

Other non gaming stuff I do is hiking though the woods here in Canada. I just got some trekking poles and new crampons.

I'm not really a fan of the cartoon look of MMO's, but I guess that's the price we pay for 15 year old game engines.
I might look into Elder scrolls online!

Galactic Civilizations III is free until January 28th.

Krishach

Promoter
There are a lot of guitar players in the U. We have a thread in the Thirsty Troll Tavern about music we're currently listening to that is more than 3,000 posts. Try it, and leave us a suggestion!

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Favorite Monty Python movie??? How about favorite Flying Circus bit?

I remember hearing George Harrison (guitarist in a band with Paul McCarthy before "Wings") saying that he financed "Life of Brian" against the advice of his accountants by saying, "I don't care if it loses money, I want to see this movie!"
Even though "The Holy Grail" is funnier, "Life of Brian" broke new ground by mocking religion, an outrageous concept that none of the movie studios had the courage to touch in that day. It took rock stars of George Harrison's wealth to finance it.

"No one is to stone anyone, Even if, And I want to make this perfectly clear,
Even if the do say 'Jehovah'"

Any Advice on playing "Neverwinter" What should I watch to get better?

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I think Life of Brian has the funniest single moments of all the movies but it isn't as consistently funny as the other two. When that movie hit, it knocks it out of the park.

I've been playing "Neverwinter".
What should I be concentrating on in the game?
So far I have a cleric at level 21, a wizard at level 11, and an old account with a barbarian level 10?
What should I do with all the quartz? Where can I refine it?

I found out I can turn Quartz to Refinement Points if I'm at a campfire.
What is the best use of Refinement Points?
My cleric is at level 22.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Welcome to the app Process Coral! and How is your week going? and have you made any runs in Neverwinter yet with the other Ueys? :)

Fhaol

Promoter
You tube is your friend there. i wish I had that back in the early 70s when I started playing, I might actually be "good" now lol!

Very cool, I've been trying to teach myself how to play the AC/DC song "Thunderstruck"!

I've been playing Neverwinter. After a week, I'm up to level 43. I'm considering giving up on Neverwinter.
Why?
There is not enough storytelling and roleplaying.

The quests so far are all Kill X or talk to Y.
The workshop seems like pointless busy work.
Nobody role plays with me.
Zero roleplay so far.

I've downloaded Final Fantasy 14, It is said to have a great story.

So far I notice that FFXIV does not seem to have any voice acting.
Strange.

Top Bottom