App: Cannonfodder - Neverwinter (0/3)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Conan

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
While working as an ER nurse, I once had to chase a deranged (and drugged) patient down the main street of my town while he was fully nude.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Best: ER Nurse. You never know what you are going to see during a shift. Worst: Floor RN- incredible workload.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
1) FF7- Great Story arcs and fun gameplay.

2) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Probably the best game in the series and one of my first adventures in gaming. #nostalgia.

3) World of Warcraft. I know I know..not the popular vote here, however this was my first delve into MMO's and I played for many years. I will probably jump on and off the WoW train for a long time.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Former Guildie in WoW. Continuously interrupted conversation and gameplay with incredibly obscure and foul references that nobody got. They thought they were hilarious however, and it didn't pick up on the mutual social hints from the entire guild that their behavior was out of line.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I like to play guitar.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I agree with the Guild Charter, and I feel like if you have put this much time into developing standards and rules for a guild, then it probably runs efficiently. Being new to the game of Neverwinter, I am unsure how the game truly works @ endgame etc, but I imagine a strong guild makes it a lot more fun. I have been a former officer and leader in several guilds and respect structure and good communication. Our prior guild in WoW was fairly dysfunctional but had a small core of amazing people. It would have been great to organize those great people into a functional structure, and I hope this guild can provide that.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What is the structure of your guild like?
Do you support newer players and older players alike?
Do you mind teaching and helping learn mechanics etc?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
He hands me a sword because I am CLEARLY living out my Legend of Zelda Fantasy in this scenario.

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
The structure of the guild is like a hydra out of Jason and the Argonauts - big bloated central body, rattly tail and multiple heads - well the heads are like different branches perhaps playing different games while the body is the Thirsty Troll cavern and the other guild wide forums whiel the tail is, actually I have no idea. The guild has been around a long time so I think we have most things sorted.

What we do have is a serious application process, run on this thread. You need 4 YES votes to get accepted but 3 NO votes would see your application declined. Stay active in this thread, meet up in game and let people know you are an applicant. Most unsuccessful applications are as a result of inactivity. Have a look at a few other accepted applications.

I see you already have an avatar so +1 to effulgence,

I don't play Neverwinter so can't really help you with branch questions; I am confident though that they provide excellent support, as we do in the DDO branch.

Last edited:
The structure of the guild is like a hydra out of Jason and the Argonauts - big bloated central body, rattly tail and multiple heads - well the heads are like different branches perhaps playing different games while the body is the Thirsty Troll cavern and the other guild wide forums whiel the tail is, actually I have no idea. The guild has been around a long time so I think we have most things sorted.

What we do have is a serious application process, run on this thread. You need 4 YES votes to get accepted but 3 NO votes would see your application declined. Stay active in this thread, meet up in game and let people know you are an applicant. Most unsuccessful applications are as a result of inactivity. Have a look at a few other accepted applications.

I see you already have an avatar so +1 to effulgence,

I don't play Neverwinter so can't really help you with branch questions; I am confident though that they provide excellent support, as we do in the DDO branch.

Sounds great! Look forward to meeting everyone. DDO also seems interesting to me. I hear that it's based off of a 3E style game, and I drifted to Neverwinter because of the 4E playstyle. I am involved in a long running 4E campaign right now. Any fellow tabletop D&D gamers out there?

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
Hi Cannon.

DDO may have been once based on a rule set and you might be right; it is though so far removed from tabletop that that is the main difference, not which rule set it is based on.

Feel free to drop by if the mood takes you.

There are or have been pnp D&D groups organised within guild before, in fact I think there is one being set up now, but that is in the members' area.

Any gaming plans for the weekend? Personally I have 4 football matches to watch starting in about 4 hours.

Learnedhand

Promoter
Hi Cannon,

Welcome to the application process. If you haven't done so already, you can join us in Neverwinter while your application is pending by joining our in game custom chat channel and requesting a guild invite. You join the channel by typing /channel_join uey in the chat line. Any guildie above the recruit level can hook you up with that. Once in the guild, be sure to put your forum name in the member comments section of the guild roster page (hit g, click roster tab, member comments in right most column). We support both newer and older players alike and are happy to teach mechanics,, etc.

A number of our members still play pen and paper D&D, and we have a section in the forums related to that, that you would gain access to upon acceptance. I believe there are groups of members that get together and play.

We also have 2 unofficial WoW branches, one on the Horde side and one on the Alliance side. If you're interested in that, let us know here, and we can point you to the proper contact members.

Back to your app. What is your plan for the Zombie apocalypse?

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
Another one that needs some attention over the weekend...

arkle

DDO Guild Leader
Promoter
No for inactivity; would rescind if the application showed some attention

NO

Top Bottom