App: Caelthas - Dunno all you play, but I'm currently learning STO, and plan on playing New World and Ashes of Creation on release. (2/3)

User name: Caelthas

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Dunno all you play, but I'm currently learning STO, and plan on playing New World and Ashes of Creation on release.

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Usually go by Caelthas, or Cael for short (like Kale, but I'm not that bland or tough to digest)

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Well, recently I was too macho to go to the ER... "nah... that shit'll heal on it's own"... ended up w/ an infection in the bone that cost me a leg. That was both dumb AND embarrassing. Tho now I respond to "hey pogo!" and add more pirate "arrrghs" to my sentences.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest, bouncer at a sports pub when I was in my early 20's. Fun, and met a ton of pro ball players (even had to 86 the Padres starting shortstop at the time). Worst, car salesman. Do I even need to explain why?

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Morrowind, as it was my first time w/ an RPG like that. Rust, because I like survival and building games, and Madden, as it's always a good co-op with a bro on the couch.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I don't really have an answer here. Once a person reaches a certain level of annoying, they just cease to exist in my reality. Certainly don't want to waste the mental gas remembering them. They can go pound sand.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I managed to land myself a fiance w/ a set of double D's.... but you ain't gettin' any photo or video evidence ya dig? heh. Also worked up in Dutch Harbor AK during college forever ago.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Your 10 Commandments community rules.... they are a masterpiece. Humor, and the lack of censorship of it, is paramount.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
You cats planning on playing New World or AoC?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, because of the rabbit guarding the cave...

In 10 words or less, explain why Sisko is the Best Captain. (Hint: It really only takes 4 words.)

Fhaol

Promoter
Heheh Points for the Hand Grenade reference from an old fart. Have you ever considered Elder Scrolls Online?? Good Luck with your app!! and welcome to the process!

Cegorach- He is the Sisko
Fhaol- Thx my man. I played ESO when it released, and quit the day it went F2P. I came back to it for awhile, but just couldn't stay with it.

Krishach

Promoter
I got a blonde DD highschool teacher at 22, who started as a great friend before we ever dated. Not one-upping, but some of us are luckier than we ever deserve.

Krishach- thruth. I was filling out that app reading "Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming", and she was sitting behind me on her PC playing a game. I thought, 'yup, convincing her I'm worthwhile was the coolest thing I ever pulled off. =)

Krishach

Promoter
We play a fair number of pick up co-op and competitive games just inside the UEY. Just got done with a game of World War Z, a 3rd person co-op zombie. Among Us, Dead by Daylight, Left 4 Dead 2, Vermintide 2, Killing Floor 2, and one of my old favorites: Helldivers.

Do you play any co-op casual games?

Also if you haven't picked a main, we have quite a few players that cross from STO over to Elite Dangerous and back. Would be interesting to see what you'd prefer based on information out there. Maybe they can help.

Sorry Kris, I'm out on the zombie games. Just not my bag. I play Rust and STO mostly right now, along with a game of Pathfinder 2 on Tabletop Simulator when everyone shows up. I do play some FPS's like SW BF2, Quake, CoD, etc, along with a lot of survival games.
And picked a main on STO? Currently running an SF Sci Officer. Too new to know if I should be doing something different.

Cegorach- He is the Sisko
Fhaol- Thx my man. I played ESO when it released, and quit the day it went F2P. I came back to it for awhile, but just couldn't stay with it.
Sorry, the answer we were looking for was, "In the Pale Moonlight." ;-)

Krishach

Promoter
Sorry Kris, I'm out on the zombie games. Just not my bag. I play Rust and STO mostly right now, along with a game of Pathfinder 2 on Tabletop Simulator when everyone shows up. I do play some FPS's like SW BF2, Quake, CoD, etc, along with a lot of survival games.
And picked a main on STO? Currently running an SF Sci Officer. Too new to know if I should be doing something different.
Only World War Z, Left 4 Dead, and I guess KF2 are zombies. Helldivers is a top-down, twinstick Starship Troopers, for example. Among Us is a backstabby top-down ship repair online version of Clue. Vermintide is Warhammer Fantasy.

Would always be on the lookout for more though.

Last edited:
"Helldivers is a top-down, twinstick Starship Troopers, for example. "... this made me think of the old days of Smash TV for some reason.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hello! Welcome to the App Process, are there any other mmos you have tried before? :)

Started with Rubies of Eventide waaaaay back. Then did WoW, Aion, Tera, Neverwinter, DDO, LOTRO, SWTOR, ESO, BDO, Life is Feudal, and Rift. I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting. WoW, Rift and ESO were the only ones I played for any real length of time though. I do like a good single player RPG too. I was so into Morrowind when it was new, I've since gotten Oblivion and Skyrim, but haven't played them knowing I'll disappear from planet earth for a few months if I load in.

No, he's talking about the Fleet channel in STO where you were just asking for the name of the person who gave you a free T6 code. Welcome to the application process, by the way. It'll be fun sharing the insider info on this game, but I can share links to even non fleet members. Remind me to hook you up with some links in-game.

What are your playing habits, anyway? There are a few of us that are in the game more than a few times a week. It would be good to see enough of us in-game to form 5-person teams for competitive games against the reddit fleets. Or even better: 10-person teams to play against ourselves.

Ah, makes sense. And I'll take whatever's offered =).
Playing habits are all over the place. I'm recently off a pretty major surgery, not working, and with no discernible sleep pattern. I feel like I'll need to play a lot of catch-up in game before I'm of any use for group play, but I'm down for whatever normally. If a window gets formed for group play, I'm pretty sure I can make myself available.

Top Bottom