App: Blessing - *Withdrawn* Neverwinter (1/2)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Blessing

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
@chemjeff

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Sooo, I love camping! Once while camping with friends I had to go pee. So I get up and ask another girl to come with me cuz it was pitch black. One of the guys agreed to come and hold a flashlight so we didnt pee all over ourselves. Well I swore i heard a car coming and we were on the side of a gravel road, so I scooted more to the side of the road but at the same time the guy holding the flashlight shined it in a different direction and I ended up falling down this hill with my pants at my ankles >.<

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job I've had is the one I have now! Im a 911 dispatcher!
Worst was working in a manufacturing plant, it was so hot and some dudes didnt wear deodorant!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Nevwewinter
Sonic
anddddddddddddddd
Mario Cart

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Ooo it was here in game, he was an askhole. he was always asking me about how to play the DC but after Id answer him he would tell me I was wrong and/or ask the same question 2 minutes later.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have lots of piercings! I love them! I wont take them out for anyone! I could also live in the 80s FOREVER!

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
You can easily join a random guild, but to join one that actually wants to know things about you...well thats just spiffy

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Whats the rule on cursing? Cuz I gotta turn my filter on if its a no-no.
Do I need to have my cooties vaccination to join?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
He hands me pizza, cuz well...its pizza!

Blessing was in Discord tonight, and seemed to fit in ok. Now, to questions...

How many piercings? Any ink?
What's great about being a 911 dispatcher? What's the strangest and/or stupidest call(s) you've taken?
And lastly - what was so great about the 80s? Were you even alive then? :p

Blessing was in Discord tonight, and seemed to fit in ok. Now, to questions...

How many piercings? Any ink?
What's great about being a 911 dispatcher? What's the strangest and/or stupidest call(s) you've taken?
And lastly - what was so great about the 80s? Were you even alive then? :p
Haha! I was born in 88! I really love the music and style!
9 piercings, 1 tattoo
I get a lot of "They messed up my food order" and "Can you deliver beer" calls
I love getting to help my community on such a more intimate level, especially when it's about saving or helping children! You always wonder "Am I even making a difference?" And being a dispatcher allows me to make a difference!

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
Hi Blessing! Welcome to the application process! Hopefully everyone gave you the run down in Discord tonight - but to make sure you're aware how this process will work: We care about getting to know the gamers we stamp with the U seal of approval, so we expect you to keep up with this here thread (and others you have access to if you feel like it...!). Folks with the yellow names we call Ufficers - they are the ones who will get you your "yes" votes to be accepted as a full member. You'll need 4 of those. 3 "no" votes will get you booted from Uey Island...! Fun!

You mentioned you love camping - what are some neat locations you've been? Have a favorite spot? I love camping as well - some of my best stories come from those adventures.

I'm sure that being a 911 dispatcher can also be incredibly stressful - how are your hours? I assume you have to pull some night shifts from time to time... I love that you clearly have a passion for it though. Having a positive impact on the world is always rewarding - and you get to do it on a daily (ish) basis!

Finally, are you a 1 game at a time kind of person? I'm not so much a Neverwinter kind of guy (I've tried a few times but it just hasn't stuck for me), do you play any other games? Non-MMO/multiplayer types? You'll quickly find that this place is full of folks playing just about any game you could imagine.

Hi Blessing! Welcome to the application process! Hopefully everyone gave you the run down in Discord tonight - but to make sure you're aware how this process will work: We care about getting to know the gamers we stamp with the U seal of approval, so we expect you to keep up with this here thread (and others you have access to if you feel like it...!). Folks with the yellow names we call Ufficers - they are the ones who will get you your "yes" votes to be accepted as a full member. You'll need 4 of those. 3 "no" votes will get you booted from Uey Island...! Fun!

You mentioned you love camping - what are some neat locations you've been? Have a favorite spot? I love camping as well - some of my best stories come from those adventures.

I'm sure that being a 911 dispatcher can also be incredibly stressful - how are your hours? I assume you have to pull some night shifts from time to time... I love that you clearly have a passion for it though. Having a positive impact on the world is always rewarding - and you get to do it on a daily (ish) basis!

Finally, are you a 1 game at a time kind of person? I'm not so much a Neverwinter kind of guy (I've tried a few times but it just hasn't stuck for me), do you play any other games? Non-MMO/multiplayer types? You'll quickly find that this place is full of folks playing just about any game you could imagine.
I did get the run down in discord tonight and I completely understand it!
My favorite place to camp is in Sweet home, Oregon. Tons of hiking, clear water, fresh air and trees!
I am only part time as a dispatcher, during the week I take classes for nursing school. If I'm not working, gaming or in class I'm taking care of my 6yr old son [hes a gamer though it's only Roblox]
I do love me some fps! I'm in love with titanfall! But I'm also interested in discovering new games as well!

alright so right of the bat i just have to say you already won me over, my mom was a 911 dispatch supervisor for many years until she went on and you guessed it became an ICU nurse.

with that being said,
How long have you been a 911 dispatcher?
What do you wish to specialize in as a nurse?

I've been a dispatcher for a little over 2 years!
I want to become a Nicu nurse! Whats better than working with babies? Nuffin!

Hi Blessing, nice to meet you. I'm a bit of a game hopper like a lot of people around here. I'm trying ESO again as my flavor of the month- mostly because I like to loot all the things as a giant cat. What drew you to Neverwinter specifically?

I was actually playing STO (Star Trek Online) when a friend pointed out that they also had something to do with another great MMO and it was in BETA so I said okay and loaded it onto my PC. I started playing and haven't stopped. I like the game mechanics, alllllllll the outfits :p and tbh the community isn't all cancerous just the PvPers sometimes.

rhyzen

I did get the run down in discord tonight and I completely understand it!
My favorite place to camp is in Sweet home, Oregon. Tons of hiking, clear water, fresh air and trees!
I am only part time as a dispatcher, during the week I take classes for nursing school. If I'm not working, gaming or in class I'm taking care of my 6yr old son [hes a gamer though it's only Roblox]
I do love me some fps! I'm in love with titanfall! But I'm also interested in discovering new games as well!
Ah man. That’s one place I haven’t been enough in my life. Never been to Oregon before. Definitely on the list to get out there at some point in my lifetime. I always felt like the Pacific Northwest was more my speed.

Oh man, Roblox. My 2 girls are super into that still. They are also obsessed with Minecraft... did finally manage to get them to try Survival mode.

I did enjoy Titanfall - I enjoyed the fast paced, hectic nature of the game. Plus, the whole “stand by for Titanfall” always made me feel like a boss.

Ah man. That’s one place I haven’t been enough in my life. Never been to Oregon before. Definitely on the list to get out there at some point in my lifetime. I always felt like the Pacific Northwest was more my speed.

Oh man, Roblox. My 2 girls are super into that still. They are also obsessed with Minecraft... did finally manage to get them to try Survival mode.

I did enjoy Titanfall - I enjoyed the fast paced, hectic nature of the game. Plus, the whole “stand by for Titanfall” always made me feel like a boss.

I loooooooove Oregon, though I was born in Norway so I enjoy the cold and outdoors haha!
I still go back to Titanfall when NW is becoming redundant!

I was lucky enough to get to travel through Oregon a few times for work, although I never made it to Bend. I did cut through Eugene a few times on my way north. How often do you pop up to Portland? I was always told I needed to try Voodoo Donuts, but I never made it. In your experience, how accurate is Portlandia to the real thing?

Hahah Portlandia is exactly Portland! Seriously crazy people there! I go up there a couple times a year but tend to stay away because everything smells like pee :confused:
VooDoo donuts is AMAZING! They have a tiny shop but its worth it! People wait in line for 45mins-1hr to get a donut there!
We also have the unipiper! Hes perfect and hilarious and just had a new baby!

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
voodoo doughnuts is the first place i had a bacon maple it was amazing and we just missed a wedding there the day before not sure how you get your wife to agree to that. Where would your dream vacation take you?

rhyzen

The Unipiper (born Brian Kidd; 29 April 1983) is a Portland, Oregon unicyclist, street performer, bagpiper and internet celebrity.
One day I will also be able to append that to my list of accolades. "The Rhyzen [...] and internet celebrity." Still working on that [...] part though.

But seriously, seems like a neat thing to see at least once.

What are you most looking forward to about being a potential member of a gaming community that is about to celebrate it's 10th anniversary?

and...

Assuming you drink - what's your favorite? and what's your go-to?

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
I've always enjoyed camping, but I can't get my wife to go. She's afraid of tents or something. Any advice on what I can do to possibly change her mind?

Last edited:
Top Bottom