App: Asteria - Neverwinter (also play D3) (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter (also play D3)

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Asteria

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
Unsure, I befriend people who play well, have a sense of humour and enjoy playing the game, I don't ask for specific guilds.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Well, I work in an almost all female profession and as I was intervening with a child throwing a tantrum I ripped my jeans from the back pocket to the knees (thank god I wasn't commando). NEedless to say I did not have any spare clothes. I had to go to the receptionnist (who was akwardly pleased of my predicament) and call my mother to get a new change of pants. Never again.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Best: working as an early childhood educator and special care counselor because i'm a kid at heart.
Worst: working as a tech support and financial advisor real estate agents. Because most of them are egocentrical and love to talk sbout themselves and their money.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Legend of zelda link's Awakening
Legend of zelda a link to the past (huge zelda fan here)
Myst (loved the folklore and ambiance of the whole game and the problem solving!)

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
One of my gf's friend, she is living black hole of numbness which will drain the living right out of you faster than valindra. She talks to much and is right about everything all the time.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I can cook and bake like your grandma.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
You all seem like a bunch of cool cats and i'm a big fan of zerg's writing and theories.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A hero's sword so I may start my quest!

Hey Asteria! Welcome to the application process. You should join the Uey channel (if you haven't already). The command is /channel_join Uey. We use this as our guild chat. Once you're in the channel you can request an invite to the guild.

Will do later on tonight!
thanks for the quick response, much appreciated!

Met Asteria in Game and got to talk to them for a bit, nice, friendly and was ready to do things. Just wanted to drop a line in their app and say a few words to help them along seems like a good fit.

williamsond

DDO Usurper
welcome to the app process nice to see you're already making friends in game :)

Hello Asteria and welcome to the App Process......its the only thing we really take serious here. On your embarassing story.....I gotta ask since everybody is thinkin it...........

Were the jeans stonewashed? skinny jeans? white jeans? JNCO's? bootcut? or what......thats whats really important here. And how much are you willing to donate to the "Save the Denim" campaign sposored by our DDO peeps.

~Ave

No, I prefer to be fully naked while at work, it's just the coworkers are having a hard time concentrating on their actual work. Since i'm a considerate person, I wear pants for them.

Relax cut jean I like my junk to be free as the wind not in closed quarters. I'll check out the SoD campaign...

Great! Almost got everything for my transcendent enchant woop woop! Also enjoyed time with the wee-ones! Yourself?

Great! Almost got everything for my transcendent enchant woop woop! Also enjoyed time with the wee-ones! Yourself?
Can't complain other than seeing a horror movie about a doll. Kids back to school today yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Can't complain other than seeing a horror movie about a doll. Kids back to school today yaaaaaaaaaaay!
In 2 weeks for me, my last one will be in kindergarten, finally get my day off for myself and a breather, drink beer and game naked. I mean...erm....do washing and cook/clean?!:eek:

This seems to be one of those "can't quite get a conversation going" moments. A two-way street, no doubt, but may I offer a piece of advice? Yes, no doubt you're bubbling over with anticipation.

The key to a successful application is to for everyone involved to enjoy the process. If it seems like a chore the whole thing kind-of falls apart. It starts to feel like a chore when all the conversations seem to run into dead ends. Which isn't usually anyone's fault (trust me, this is a challenging process on the other side as well) but the burden usually falls back on the applicant at some point. Not intentional, just something that happens.

So, ye thusly burdened one, what can we do to get a conversation going? We can talk about the app process, apples maybe - or a good lemon pie. Dragons or necromancers - draconic necromancers! I've even seen children's toys do the trick. The key to all of it though is to add some flair, leave things open ended, and give the other side some more meat to chew on.

Up for that?

Is this a challenge to a bake-off on a flaming steed? I'm in... i´m always willing to bring da cookies for people to raid with me. Well what to say...I gratly enjoy d&d, anime (big otaku), love rpg (used to play aion, terra, wow, star wars...) I currently also play Diablo 3 on my witch Doctor. I'm an avid fan of the legend of zelda hence the cool icon to your left. You could say i'm a big geek at heart. So far, loving the guild people are active and willing to run dungeons!

You. You just equated - you just.. MMOs as RPGs?! :icon_cry:

I don't think I can talk to you anymore until you rectify this villainy. Deliver unto me your favorite D&D campaign, flaming steed, or be forever silent!!

Glad I got your attention? :eek: Ok mmo's are rpg (mwahahahahahahaha) :p e used to play a campaign made by one of my friends during 4.0' it's amongst other things involved a talking penguin named furbisher, a semi-naked cleptomaniac templar and abloodthristy cleric. The campaign went on for 3 years it was so much fun! As for steeds, well it might not be flaming but I do enjoy the dawn unicorn in game although My first favorite was Artax...

Furbisher eh? Alright, alright. So you should know what an RPG is :mad:

Unicorns are unusually awesome pretty much anytime they show up, 'tis true. Why Neverwinter over the other MMOs you've played? What're the chances you could be.. persuaded to visit other worlds after The Initiation?

Top Bottom