App: AsheMoonVeil - Up for anything really; I play Dead By Daylight, FFXIV, Warframe (I’m new to this one but I’m really enjoying it so far.) (4/0

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
I do the occasional single player RPG. Actually enjoying Yakuza: Like A Dragon now, and no one is more surprised than me that the Yakuza series got an RPG, and that its GOOD and funny. Kinda like Paper Mario, that way.

Where to begin... I should preface this that I like some of the weirder and older co-ops, but here's my list:

My favorites: currently Titanfall 2, Vermintide 2, and Helldivers (always good for a laugh).
  • FPS
    • Vermintide 2 (melee fantasy focus)
    • Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition(stompy 40k Space Marine Terminators w unlimited ammo)
    • Titanfall 2 - Frontier Defense only (co-op vs AI)
    • Left 4 Dead
    • Killing Floor 2
    • PAYDAY 2 (though its been a while)
    • Borderlands 2
    • Borderlands 3
  • 3rd Person
    • World War Z
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Samurai Warriors 4-II (my token Musou game)
  • Top Down
    • Magicka
    • Helldivers
    • The Last Standalone (WH40k standalone game, you control 1 hero, and its 3 people vs tides of enemies)
    • Dungeon Defenders (been ages)
The group also plays Among Us, Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, and the list goes on.

Anyone else want to share their list of Pick Up multiplayer games? @AsheMoonVeil what are your favorites?

I do the occasional single player RPG. Actually enjoying Yakuza: Like A Dragon now, and no one is more surprised than me that the Yakuza series got an RPG, and that its GOOD and funny. Kinda like Paper Mario, that way.

Where to begin... I should preface this that I like some of the weirder and older co-ops, but here's my list:

My favorites: currently Titanfall 2, Vermintide 2, and Helldivers (always good for a laugh).
  • FPS
    • Vermintide 2 (melee fantasy focus)
    • Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition(stompy 40k Space Marine Terminators w unlimited ammo)
    • Titanfall 2 - Frontier Defense only (co-op vs AI)
    • Left 4 Dead
    • Killing Floor 2
    • PAYDAY 2 (though its been a while)
    • Borderlands 2
    • Borderlands 3
  • 3rd Person
    • World War Z
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Samurai Warriors 4-II (my token Musou game)
  • Top Down
    • Magicka
    • Helldivers
    • The Last Standalone (WH40k standalone game, you control 1 hero, and its 3 people vs tides of enemies)
    • Dungeon Defenders (been ages)
The group also plays Among Us, Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, and the list goes on.

Anyone else want to share their list of Pick Up multiplayer games? @AsheMoonVeil what are your favorites?
Sorry for the late response! I heard Yakuza: Like A Dragon was really good. I think I’ll pick it up. :) I bought a PC and it’s coming in next Friday so if it’s available on PC then I will look into it. That’s a pretty good list and have been curious about some. I’ve always wanted to play Left 4 Dead and now I have a chance and can’t wait! I believe I have Borderlands 2 on Steam when I last had a PC so that would be nice too. I’ve actually never played a top down game before. So, that’s new to me. Which one of those do you like best? Of the ones you listed, Is there one that you think is a good starter?

I'm pro-olive (especially since my wife hates them, which makes them especially good on pizza if I don't want her to eat it), and the only good pickle is dill - I used to eat baby dills by the jar - especially with some cheese and mustard, also some roast beef, maybe between some slices of bread.

As an old school fan of White Wolf games, I gotta go with vampire, though werewolves are also pretty awesome. For anyone who knows that mythology, I was Tremere clan all the way (basically wizard vampires).

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Sorry for the late response! I heard Yakuza: Like A Dragon was really good. I think I’ll pick it up. :) I bought a PC and it’s coming in next Friday so if it’s available on PC then I will look into it. That’s a pretty good list and have been curious about some. I’ve always wanted to play Left 4 Dead and now I have a chance and can’t wait! I believe I have Borderlands 2 on Steam when I last had a PC so that would be nice too. I’ve actually never played a top down game before. So, that’s new to me. Which one of those do you like best? Of the ones you listed, Is there one that you think is a good starter?
Good question. If you're looking to play with randoms, Dungeon Defender has the most grind. You get to improve perks over time, and its always multiplayer. That said, the grind and Randoms are why I play it the least of the 4. I've never played Dungeon Defenders 2, which is free to play. Heard bad things and never went for it.

My personal recommendation is The Last Standalone, which when on sale is one of the better prices: $9.99 full price, and goes on sale a bunch (wait for sale). Its an older game, but its had a stable online community for more than a decade (and even got a new release on the Decade mark). You have to creatively gear your character, and your gear determines your abilities. This allows for some meta builds but also some creative ones. Leveling only unlocks more gear, but doesn't make you flat better, so a lv 5 guy and a lv 20 cap guy can both have the same fun. There are a bunch of different heroes, and different styles. Its upside (and downside) is that is SERIOUS-FACE Warhammer 40k, so it has the least amount of lulz of the 4, but I like the gameplay the most. BTW this comes free if you buy the original Dawn of War II: Retribution, but there is a reason why it exists as a standalone. Buy the main game only if you love RTSs and like Dawn of War in particular.

Magicka may be one of the oldest, and actually requires a bit of coordination. Its less group-tactics than the others, but part of what makes the multi-player challenging and fun (and spastic) is that your buddies screwing up can mean TERRIBLE things for the whole party. We used to play a drinking version: anyone dying by a teammates hand takes a drink. We didn't ever last long... This and Helldivers have the same game studio, and have a lot of pop-culture tongue-in-cheek humor. I'm not a fan of Magicka 2; more serious and sleek gameplay removed the lulz without adding enough to make that worthwhile.

Helldivers is twin-stick style. If you use a gamepad on PC, or the PS4 version, you've got one aim stick and one move stick. Levels are randomized, and objectives are randomized between a bucket of presets, but tbh this has the highest skill cap of the 4. You can play solo just fine, but its better with GOOD people, and bad people can really ruin this. I'd get Helldivers only if you plan on playing with a set group of friends or solo. Also a lot of political slapstick jokes, which I enjoy. This goes on sale very rarely, but I tend to post when it does... Because everyone likes a good cup of Liber-tea.

Thats the top-downs. I'd always be down for the others as well though. If you're looking to just try any of them, ask around the community for perspectives. Vermintide 2 is $6.42 right now (I have used this vendor before).

Last edited:

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
I'm pro-olive (especially since my wife hates them, which makes them especially good on pizza if I don't want her to eat it), and the only good pickle is dill - I used to eat baby dills by the jar - especially with some cheese and mustard, also some roast beef, maybe between some slices of bread.

As an old school fan of White Wolf games, I gotta go with vampire, though werewolves are also pretty awesome. For anyone who knows that mythology, I was Tremere clan all the way (basically wizard vampires).
A solid choice. I liked to play and make use of Tzimisce, when allowed. Less as sociopaths and more in-lore geneticists.

Your poor wife! Lol. Hmm.. only dill? No spicy or deli?

I’ve hears of White Wolf Games but never played anything made by them. they table top games? I have been running a campaign of D&D with some online friends through Roll20 over the past couple months. I still have no idea what I’m doing. Lol. I’m having fun though with my friends and it’s a good story.

Good question. If you're looking to play with randoms, Dungeon Defender has the most grind. You get to improve perks over time, and its always multiplayer. That said, the grind and Randoms are why I play it the least of the 4. I've never played Dungeon Defenders 2, which is free to play. Heard bad things and never went for it.

My personal recommendation is The Last Standalone, which when on sale is one of the better prices: $9.99 full price, and goes on sale a bunch (wait for sale). Its an older game, but its had a stable online community for more than a decade (and even got a new release on the Decade mark). You have to creatively gear your character, and your gear determines your abilities. This allows for some meta builds but also some creative ones. Leveling only unlocks more gear, but doesn't make you flat better, so a lv 5 guy and a lv 20 cap guy can both have the same fun. There are a bunch of different heroes, and different styles. Its upside (and downside) is that is SERIOUS-FACE Warhammer 40k, so it has the least amount of lulz of the 4, but I like the gameplay the most. BTW this comes free if you buy the original Dawn of War II: Retribution, but there is a reason why it exists as a standalone. Buy the main game only if you love RTSs and like Dawn of War in particular.

Magicka may be one of the oldest, and actually requires a bit of coordination. Its less group-tactics than the others, but part of what makes the multi-player challenging and fun (and spastic) is that your buddies screwing up can mean TERRIBLE things for the whole party. We used to play a drinking version: anyone dying by a teammates hand takes a drink. We didn't ever last long... This and Helldivers have the same game studio, and have a lot of pop-culture tongue-in-cheek humor. I'm not a fan of Magicka 2; more serious and sleek gameplay removed the lulz without adding enough to make that worthwhile.

Helldivers is twin-stick style. If you use a gamepad on PC, or the PS4 version, you've got one aim stick and one move stick. Levels are randomized, and objectives are randomized between a bucket of presets, but tbh this has the highest skill cap of the 4. You can play solo just fine, but its better with GOOD people, and bad people can really ruin this. I'd get Helldivers only if you plan on playing with a set group of friends or solo. Also a lot of political slapstick jokes, which I enjoy. This goes on sale very rarely, but I tend to post when it does... Because everyone likes a good cup of Liber-tea.

Thats the top-downs. I'd always be down for the others as well though. If you're looking to just try any of them, ask around the community for perspectives. Vermintide 2 is $6.42 right now (I have used this vendor before).
The Last Standalone sounds like it would be pretty interesting. Is it anything like Path of Exile? I had a lot of fun with that game but stopped playing for some reason I can’t remember. Lol. I’ll be moving to PC soon so I have a whole bunch of new opportunities for game opened to me. So, I can’t wait to check these out. :)

I think what has deterred me from purchasing games in the past was “What if I don’t like it?”. Most games aren’t cheap and putting an investment towards that and not liking it.. felt like a waste. Because of this, I’ve not really branched outside of my comfort zone before. I want to give these a go for sure!

Your poor wife! Lol. Hmm.. only dill? No spicy or deli?

I’ve hears of White Wolf Games but never played anything made by them. they table top games? I have been running a campaign of D&D with some online friends through Roll20 over the past couple months. I still have no idea what I’m doing. Lol. I’m having fun though with my friends and it’s a good story.
My wife is well known for cooking just enough for herself, so in our house this is basic strategy. In fact I just picked up some olive hummus for the same reason (though that didn't stop her from destroying the chips before I could eat it - well played Grace, well played). I enjoy basically anything dill that has a crunch, that includes spicy and deli too I think (not much of a pickle expert, just like to eat em).

Yeah, White Wolf is tabletop, and is probably best known for Vampire the Masquerade. It uses just D10 dice, and has a lot of sourcebooks which are pretty great reading on their own. It even had a TV show based off of it back in the 90's, but it didn't last very long. Bloodlines is a pretty well known video game based on this world, with a sequel (cleverly titled Bloodlines 2) coming later this year. Interesting tidbit is that CCP Games (studio for Eve) bought White Wolf when Eve was probably at it's peak popularity, and had plans to develop a Vampire mmo. They basically couldn't get it done, and sold White Wolf to some other company who now focuses on Bloodlines and other PnP materials.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
The Last Standalone sounds like it would be pretty interesting. Is it anything like Path of Exile? I had a lot of fun with that game but stopped playing for some reason I can’t remember. Lol. I’ll be moving to PC soon so I have a whole bunch of new opportunities for game opened to me. So, I can’t wait to check these out. :)

I think what has deterred me from purchasing games in the past was “What if I don’t like it?”. Most games aren’t cheap and putting an investment towards that and not liking it.. felt like a waste. Because of this, I’ve not really branched outside of my comfort zone before. I want to give these a go for sure!
It controls similarly, but its based on the old RTS type controls, where you select a unit and right click to move/attack, and have hotkeys for abilities. Gameplay is different, as you only have the one hero and your abilities are determined by your build.

I like games on sale myself, and don't mind games that are a little older that are still good. We have a sales section on our Discord and forums, so haunt those like I do for some epic discounts. I also recommend isthereanydeal.com, though too many discounts may still kill your wallet (more games per dollar tho!).

@AsheMoonVeil when do you get your PC?
Sorry for the in activity here! Got a bit busy at work and just set up my PC!

It controls similarly, but its based on the old RTS type controls, where you select a unit and right click to move/attack, and have hotkeys for abilities. Gameplay is different, as you only have the one hero and your abilities are determined by your build.

I like games on sale myself, and don't mind games that are a little older that are still good. We have a sales section on our Discord and forums, so haunt those like I do for some epic discounts. I also recommend isthereanydeal.com, though too many discounts may still kill your wallet (more games per dollar tho!).
I just got my PC and I am set up. I've been looking around on Steam and a few things have caught my eye. I will definitely be checking out some of them if they ever go on sale/have some extra cash. xD I did see Vermintide and immediately put it on my wishlist. I did however purchase Sword of Legends but haven't been able to play it yet. I also heard that Bless Unleashed is pretty fun too (reminds me of Tera which I used to play). So, if you would like to check any of these out or already have let me know and I'd love to try to play with you!

My wife is well known for cooking just enough for herself, so in our house this is basic strategy. In fact I just picked up some olive hummus for the same reason (though that didn't stop her from destroying the chips before I could eat it - well played Grace, well played). I enjoy basically anything dill that has a crunch, that includes spicy and deli too I think (not much of a pickle expert, just like to eat em).

Yeah, White Wolf is tabletop, and is probably best known for Vampire the Masquerade. It uses just D10 dice, and has a lot of sourcebooks which are pretty great reading on their own. It even had a TV show based off of it back in the 90's, but it didn't last very long. Bloodlines is a pretty well known video game based on this world, with a sequel (cleverly titled Bloodlines 2) coming later this year. Interesting tidbit is that CCP Games (studio for Eve) bought White Wolf when Eve was probably at it's peak popularity, and had plans to develop a Vampire mmo. They basically couldn't get it done, and sold White Wolf to some other company who now focuses on Bloodlines and other PnP materials.
Only for herself?! Lol. This looks like an all out food war to me. I can see now why you would deny her of some delicious pizza. xD I won't continue to talk about pickles here but one last thing I will say.. I'll murder a man who touches my pickles.

I didn't realize Vampire the Masquerade had a table top. I knew that there was a PC game for it and that I had wanted to play it forever but no PC to do so. Now I do... so I am going to check on that after I reply here. Lol. A TV show? My curiosity is piqued here, I will also consult the googles on this. I'm new to table tops. In my D&D campaign I have no clue what I am doing. Lol. I have a great friend that helps me out though and gives me suggestions. It's an entirely different gaming set up than I'm used to. We started also a mini campaign in GURPS as well but haven't done much with that yet. It seems more intense from how she was explaining it.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Sorry for the in activity here! Got a bit busy at work and just set up my PC!

I just got my PC and I am set up. I've been looking around on Steam and a few things have caught my eye. I will definitely be checking out some of them if they ever go on sale/have some extra cash. xD I did see Vermintide and immediately put it on my wishlist. I did however purchase Sword of Legends but haven't been able to play it yet. I also heard that Bless Unleashed is pretty fun too (reminds me of Tera which I used to play). So, if you would like to check any of these out or already have let me know and I'd love to try to play with you!
Are you a steam only purchaser or do you buy from legit sales sites (e.g. Humble Store)? V-Tide 2 is still $5.98, and its a legit vendor. All the ones on isthereanydeal.com are.

VtM started as a Pen & Paper, if I recall correctly. I am highly looking forward to the upcoming sequel: how about you?

You mentioned Borderlands 2 and Left 4 Dead. I'm Krishach on steam with the same avatar if you want to send me a friend invite and get a game going. I only played one character in BL2, but I played the crap out of that character (600 hours on basically just Zer0). Can assist or go on raids.

Last edited:
Are you a steam only purchaser or do you buy from legit sales sites (e.g. Humble Store)? V-Tide 2 is still $5.98, and its a legit vendor. All the ones on isthereanydeal.com are.

VtM started as a Pen & Paper, if I recall correctly. I am highly looking forward to the upcoming sequel: how about you?

You mentioned Borderlands 2 and Left 4 Dead. I'm Krishach on steam with the same avatar if you want to send me a friend invite and get a game going. I only played one character in BL2, but I played the crap out of that character (600 hours on basically just Zer0). Can assist or go on raids.
I'm not only a Steam purchaser, I've just never purchased from anywhere else before. I'll check out the website for Vermintide and see what else they have. :)

I've never actually played Vampire the Masquerade. I've always wanted to. I bought this choices game of it on my Nintendo switch thinking that it was going to be like the one I saw for PC, but it wasn't. Lol. That is about all my knowledge of the series goes. I'll definitely let you know how I like the Bloodlines one. I found it on Steam for 20$! I'm going to get it.

I do have Borderlands 2 on my Steam. Left 4 Dead I have always wanted to try because of Bill being in Dead by Daylight and a couple streamers playing with friends. It looks a lot of fun. I sent you an invite on Steam. :) Also, if I play BL2 on PC I will be starting over; is that okay with you?

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Have you been able to meet up with anybody online yet? I'm totally good with this app, just waiting on some online positive feedback.

Have you been able to meet up with anybody online yet? I'm totally good with this app, just waiting on some online positive feedback.
I have not, but I have been on FFXIV. It just seems no one is on usually when I am. Lol. What are you looking for feedback on? The forums? Or?

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I have not, but I have been on FFXIV. It just seems no one is on usually when I am. Lol. What are you looking for feedback on? The forums? Or?
Mostly just that somebody had a positive interaction playing with you, or at least didn't have a negative one. Sometimes you can get in a group with somebody or in voice chat and they either blow the lid at minor stuff or give off some other red flags.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
All that said, I like the app and you have stuck with it so I'm going to start off with the first yes vote.

All that said, I like the app and you have stuck with it so I'm going to start off with the first yes vote.
Woot~! Sorry, I've been a bit shy at first. Lol. But, I'm sure once I get into the groove of things with the FFXIV FC part I'll be more comfortable. ^^ I am definitely going to hop in on the next FC group thing!

Top Bottom