App: Anderon Bloodkrieg - FFXIV (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
FFXIV

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Anderon Bloodkrieg

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
No, but I would like some.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
One time, back in my 20's, I had a girl over to "Netflix and chill". Back then, it was getting a VHS movie and watching it on the VCR. Things turned to things, and we started kissing. I lived in an efficiency apartment at the time - everything in one big room. At some point, she stood up, and said, "I'm sooo hot," and laid on the bed. I offered to turn on the air conditioning.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Best Job: Working as a game tester for Electronic Arts.
Worst Job: Working as a game tester for Electronic Arts.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Fallout 4.
Skyrim.
Morrowind.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Back when I was playing Lineage 2, there was this guy named Crumbs in our guild, whom I had borrowed 5 gold from. This was a large sum in Lineage 2 at the time. He never let me forget that I owed him money, and I would be in semi-private channels talking to friends, and he would come in and ask me when I was going to pay him back. Most annoying guy ever.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I am a professional photographer, and I teach photography classes on the side. You can see my work at http://davidjacksonphotography.com .

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Because Unrepentant seems to be more community-minded. This is super important to me. I was in a large guild a few years ago, and I miss always having someone to play with. I'm tired of playing FFXIV solo.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
DO you have a lot of older players? (45+?)

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A shoulder pixie with healing spells.

Best Job: Working as a game tester for Electronic Arts.
Worst Job: Working as a game tester for Electronic Arts.
I once knew somebody that had the same job around 10-15 years back. He always loved the idea of having that job, and at first even loved the job itself. Then he had to test a Barbie game or something for the DS, and it pretty much crushed his entire being.

I miss that crazy bastard.

I am a professional photographer, and I teach photography classes on the side. You can see my work at http://davidjacksonphotography.com
I don't know what's more amazing, the pictures, or the houses. We don't happen to have a whole lot of houses like that up here in central NY, and we definitely do not have that same kind of scenery.

Because Unrepentant seems to be more community-minded. This is super important to me. I was in a large guild a few years ago, and I miss always having someone to play with. I'm tired of playing FFXIV solo.
Our guild may not be as large as many are, but it is first and foremost a community guild.

I believe the average age around here is between 25-40 give or take, though I do know several well above that.

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
Hello and welcome to the application process. I don't personally play FFXIV, so can't help you with getting an invite and whatnot, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly.

You seem to be a fan of Bethesda (me too), what drew you to FFXIV?

What got you into photography?

Hello and welcome to the application process. I don't personally play FFXIV, so can't help you with getting an invite and whatnot, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly.
Thank you very much!

You seem to be a fan of Bethesda (me too), what drew you to FFXIV?
I avoided the game for a long time. I had never played a single Final Fantasy, despite having a love for anime. Then I saw the trailer, and that got me to try it. And the story drew me in.

What got you into photography?
I have an art degree, but that doesn't pay the bills. One of my secondary concentrations in school was photography, so I put that to use. So far it's been pretty lucrative.

Anderon Bloodkrieg

In front of you stands Knight Rhys, Preston Garvey, Strong, Mama Murphy, Father and Marcy Long, and in your hand is a plasma pistol with only a single charge remaining. What do you do, and why?

Last edited:

arkle

Promoter
They sure are some very impressive photographs, of a certain style perhaps? Did you enjoy photography first but then as you say have now put it to use, do you enjoy it less?

Btw I am firmly in the + age bracket, can't even pretend any more.

In front of you stands Knight Rhys, Preston Garvey, Strong, Mama Murphy, Father and Marcy Long, and in your hand is a plasma pistol with only a single charge remaining. What do you do, and why?
I'd shoot Knight Rhys in the face. He's always been a jerk to me, and I'm not a big of the Brotherhood of Steel.

They sure are some very impressive photographs, of a certain style perhaps? Did you enjoy photography first but then as you say have now put it to use, do you enjoy it less?

Btw I am firmly in the + age bracket, can't even pretend any more.
I've always enjoyed photography. Not as much as conventional art, but conventional art doesn't pay my rent, and photography does. I enjoy photography as much as I did before, but I'm also very pragmatic about it. I don't carry a camera with me everywhere like I used to, and I'm very selective about getting tied down with a camera at special events. I like photography more now, with digital, than when I was shooting with film. I teach a photography class as well, so I get excited about photography over and over again when I see it through fresh eyes.

I'd shoot Knight Rhys in the face. He's always been a jerk to me, and I'm not a big of the Brotherhood of Steel.
Heh, very well. I would also have accepted having them stand (or kneel, in the case of Strong) in a line to shoot them *all* in the head at once, or shooting yourself in the head at the thought of having to deal with them again.

arkle

Promoter
What's the first thing you tell your class about photography?

What's the most common mistake among amateurs?

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister Messer Mover
Community Officer
Anderon --

Howdy!

Nice to meet you!

We're on Siren server, btw. Zandar here, Paladin, MT, chef and punching bag.

I'm 42 myself if that counts. What classes/jobs do you play in FFXIV?

Zandar1

Community Officer
Excellent! We'll get you into the linkshell/FC later on today and you can check us out!

Excellent! We'll get you into the linkshell/FC later on today and you can check us out!
I'm still out there, my friend, waiting on the invite to your linkshell. I tried adding you on Steam.

Sometimes I AFK for short breaks, maybe I missed it..?

Looking forward to the next steps...

Zandar1

Community Officer
No problem. I’ll add you back on Steam and we’ll get you in today!

Zandar1

Community Officer
Found him and got him!

*scary organ music and lightning*

I've seen & chatted with Anderon a few times in-game now that he's enguilded, seems friendly and not two wolves in a trenchcoat. Since I often go magic-AFK for job search and freelancing work, haven't had a longer chat yet nor run anything, but myself and anyone online is usually more than happy to help whenever!

Top Bottom