App: Amberleaf - Final Fantasy (4/0)

User name: Amberleaf

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Final Fantasy

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Games5

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
I have no idea, Thorvin is how I know him.

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Well, I could actually write a book about all of the things I have done, but I will try and narrow it down. I think one of the most embarrassing ones was I had had knee surgery, and I was a rock star let me tell you. They told me it would be six months before I would be able to return to work, and I said hell no, watch me! So at three months I drive over to work to drop off my note from my Doctor saying I was good. Now I live in the frozen north, and it is snowy where I live, and we had three days of non stop snow. I pull up right in front of the front of the building, because staff parking was full, get out of my vehicle, and grab my briefcase, my purse and my Timmie's tea. I walk around the back of my SUV through snow that is just below my knees (Yes I am short) and try to feel for the curb. I give my leg a mighty heave out of the snow to where I think the side walk is, and after gyrating wildly for what seems like forever, I promptly face plant into the snow. Having my priorities straight, I manage to save my tea, and I reach for the back of my vehicle to try and wrench myself out., hoping no one saw anything. No such luck, not surprisingly, and my two managers, and the office manager rush out as they, along with some of persons served. and the secretary saw the whole thing. This is the sort of thing that happens to me all the time, from the time I was in high school, until the present day.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
My favourite jobs have been working with people no one else wants to. Gang entrenched youth, adults with developmental delays and mental illness. While the work is tough, they have given me so many funny memories, and great stories. I have also learned a lot from them. I much prefer working with boys/males than females as I am NOT good with back stabbing drama. I would rather work with 6 foot tall gang entrenched boys than a couple of girls. Actually that is another embarrassing story. One of my managers wanted me to work with twin sisters, that were known for fighting with each other. Before my filter could kick in and come out with something appropriate I looked him dead in the eye and sad "That's a hard no!" oops I am very matter of fact and I once horrified a poor youth after he called my a cunt. Later on, when he was in jail, he called to apoligise to me for calling me what he considered the worst name ever. I told him it did not matter, nor did it bother me. In surprise he stated "It didn't?" I told him no, that cunt is just another name for Vagina, and if he thought calling me a vagina was an insult then he was wrong. I told him half the population had a vagina, while the other half had penis's, and as far as I could see having a penis did not seem to give anyone an advantage, and as a matter of fact it often seemed to drop their owners IQ. He was honestly speechless after that.

The worst was working in retail. It was not so much the work or the people, but being forced to push a credit card that I did not believe in onto vulnerable people. I hated it!

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Wow, Final Fantasy, and whatever the kids want me to play with them. I am not great at console games, but it sure opens up communication with youth and my grand babies.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I will be honest, somewhat like my daddy, I do not always suffer fools gladly. I can handle people having different opinions, background, and ideas from me, that is what makes the world interesting. The only people that have ever truly annoyed me are the ones that lack imagination, see only black and white and are closed minded. Learning is a lifetime thing, and I believe it is important to keep your mind open, and look for opportunities to learn more myself.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I don't know if I am even cool. I certainly have never sought to be. My goal has been to be authentic, caring, make a difference in the world. My grandchildren think I am cool because I game, but who knows. I have a very British. black, twisted and absurd sense of humour, and, thanks to my upbringing, love terrible puns. I have a ton of patience, and when I do actually get mad, friends and work mates have found it hysterical, partly because I so rarely do, and because I am so short. My daddy was a minister (very liberal) who could give a great sermon based on biblical history and accuracy, and was not afraid to call bullshit on biblical arrogance. He also loved to wear his tee shirt that said " Ain't I just a big fucking ray of Sunshine?" along with his sunshine headband. I am telling you this, because I am his daughter through and through. I can fight for the underdog, pray for someone in need, and then laugh hysterically over an inappropriate/dirty joke. What ever you do don't try and pigeon hole me. I went to church with my tongue piercing until my dentist made me take it out, and I still want a tattoo of a Celtic cross. I love conversations that build take an ordinary thing, but between my friends and I we build up the absurd, back and forth until we can barely breath we are laughing so hard. I remember when I was making some curtains and table runners for my sister, and she bought waaaaaay too much fabric. To truly appreciate the conversation you would have had to have seen the Sound of Music, but when she asked what to do with the rest of the fabric, I told her we needed to make "play clothes". Well my niece and nephew are adopted, and my nephew is very obviously half Asian, so as I described him wearing lederhosen, and my tomboy niece in a dress and kerchief I thought my sister was going to collapse she was laughing so hard. This is the type of absurdity that I love.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I am not someone who follows trends, cliques, or narrow paths. I march to the beat of my own drum, so I do not fit into guilds or groups that take themselves too seriously, or have a lot of structure. I have left guilds that had too much of a military mindset for me. promoting or demoting people depending on whether they kiss the leaders ass or not. Who knows, I may not be a good fit for you folks, but the laughter and absurdity of all you fine folk on discord sure appealed to me!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What is the best Monty Python movie in your opinion? Why? What are some of the funniest things you have ever done? What is one absolute no no in your guild? Does it matter if I only chose to play two games?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Well in my opinion he had better hand me a dog, big or little it does not matter to me, because then I will never be alone. Besides God spelled backwards is Dog, so there has to be some sort of big cosmic reason there.

Last edited:

Harplager

Promoter
To answer your questions:

Monty Python: My favorite is Life of Brian. The one I watched so much I could nearly recite it was The Holy Grail. Like any comedy troupe, not everything is gold - but they definitely connected more than they missed.

My claim to fame is that after a few beers, I can't tell east from west. So in group shenanigans, I'll call out for help at the east node, everyone runs to the east node and it turns out I'm at the west node getting murdered by myself.

The absolute no-nos are spelled out in our Rules. Those tend to be about the only thing that we are 100% serious about - we also have some gallows humor frequently. But the rules stand firm. But I don't want to scare you off with all this serious talk, the rules are easy to follow.

It is fine if you only play 2 games. Heck, for the past year or 3, I've played 0 games with regularity. I'll install something, play it for a weekend, and then wander off - never to play it again.

I liked your answer to the Cave question. Do you have any dogs?

Great app! I have enjoyed Monty Python, although the only one I can really remember much of is Holy Grail (and the wafer thin mint scene from Meaning of Life).

Also, to second Harplager on the games question, I usually play just one game at a time, and sometimes nothing at all. I was pretty inactive on here for a couple years prior to getting interested in an upcoming new game (New World), and even after being basically gone for a while, found the same irreverent crowd here with open arms. It is especially great now that my kids are a bit older and I have more time for gaming.

Also, cat spelled backwards is tac. Probably leas profound, but both are things one shouldn't sit on.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
This is a fantastic application!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What is the best Monty Python movie in your opinion? Why? What are some of the funniest things you have ever done? What is one absolute no no in your guild? Does it matter if I only chose to play two games?
I'll start here with your questions. I like Meaning of Life the best, darn funny and the most complete movie from front to back in my opinion. As far as funny things I have done, it's pretty endless. When I was 19 I ended up at a lake in middle of the night doing a made up naked ritual dance with two friends (all of us males). One of my friends kept messing with us about some nonsense mystery he made up after watching The Fisher King and wouldn't tell us what his nonsense was all about until we did a naked ritual dance. Now he never thought we would do it so he got caught up in the nonsense and had no choice other than to go through with it. Now this is one of those times you wake up in the morning and ask yourself. "did I really do this?" then call friend #2 to confirm it wasn't a weird dream (it wasn't). Of course friend #3 was a big risk to tell his girlfriend he was wrapped up in at the time so we didn't know how we would keep this thing a secret. This was in Oklahoma in the early 90's and not the kind of story that makes any sense to anybody. Had we been drinking we probably would have made better decisions.

So for my first question, what is your first choice for music genre?

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
It is fine if you only play 2 games. Heck, for the past year or 3, I've played 0 games with regularity. I'll install something, play it for a weekend, and then wander off - never to play it again.
Ain't that the truth... What about them Space Pirates we were going to kill with all that money, Harp? I kid.

I like the application. I am definitely a dog person, and managed the heart retching experience of going to local shelters to find one that will work with my current mutts and rescues. I think I lot of people think this takes 1-2 hours (we were there for 6, and I can't move right now). We have pet threads here!

One of my bog-standard questions is what other multiplayer games you might partake of. I went in to way too much detail of my own list recently, but I tend to appreciate co-op games myself. That said, in addition to your Left 4 Dead types and your Titanfall 2 types, we also do some light competitive vs other UEYs... And sometimes risk the internet by vs randoms. Rocket League, Among Us, Dead By Daylight, and others make the rounds. So as much as I was poking fun at Harp, I do have my own group I cycle through... But I'll always cycle back to play with friends. Do you have any you play or recommend (or perhaps that the youth of your family roped you into)?

Last edited:

Fhaol

Promoter
Hello and welcome to the process..I have to say Holy Grail is my favorite with Life of Brian close. Do you like any other britcoms?? When you say you live in the frozen up north how far is that..sorry if I missed it. Good Luck!

To answer your questions:

Monty Python: My favorite is Life of Brian. The one I watched so much I could nearly recite it was The Holy Grail. Like any comedy troupe, not everything is gold - but they definitely connected more than they missed.

My claim to fame is that after a few beers, I can't tell east from west. So in group shenanigans, I'll call out for help at the east node, everyone runs to the east node and it turns out I'm at the west node getting murdered by myself.

The absolute no-nos are spelled out in our Rules. Those tend to be about the only thing that we are 100% serious about - we also have some gallows humor frequently. But the rules stand firm. But I don't want to scare you off with all this serious talk, the rules are easy to follow.

I liked your answer to the Cave question. Do you have any dogs?
Yes I have a rat....errrrr a dog. I have a Yorkie that was a rescue. She was given to me after my dog Smidgeon died. I would never have chosen a Yorkie for myself, but she needed an owner and I needed her. That being said, I can now understand the appeal of the breed. She has so much personality packed into her teeny body, and communicates with me like no dog I have ever had. I absolutely love her to death now and could not imagine life without her. Because she is a rescue she has quite a few quirks, and issues, but she makes me laugh so much. I should have thought to add this to my reply earlier, but I did not think of it. Useless trivia for you: My dad went to Theology school at UBC and he had some amazing stories about it. Did you know that they use the "Blessed are the Cheese makers" scene from life of Brian as a teaching tool there?

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth... What about them Space Pirates we were going to kill with all that money, Harp? I kid.

I like the application. I am definitely a dog person, and managed the heart retching experience of going to local shelters to find one that will work with my current mutts and rescues. I think I lot of people think this takes 1-2 hours (we were there for 6, and I can't move right now). We have pet threads here!

One of my bog-standard questions is what other multiplayer games you might partake of. I went in to way too much detail of my own list recently, but I tend to appreciate co-op games myself. That said, in addition to your Left 4 Dead types and your Titanfall 2 types, we also do some light competitive vs other UEYs... And sometimes risk the internet by vs randoms. Rocket League, Among Us, Dead By Daylight, and others make the rounds. So as much as I was poking fun at Harp, I do have my own group I cycle through... But I'll always cycle back to play with friends. Do you have any you play or recommend (or perhaps that the youth of your family roped you into)?
Well I have been roped into playing left for dead, Mario Cart, and The last of us. I excel in lawn mowing in Mario cart, as I tend to end up in the grass or sand or snow. The youth who wanted me to play left for dead was so cute, always encouraging me no matter how pitiful I was at it. I want to finish Last of Us as I enjoyed the story line of what I played. It will just have to be on easy mode.

Hello and welcome to the process..I have to say Holy Grail is my favorite with Life of Brian close. Do you like any other britcoms?? When you say you live in the frozen up north how far is that..sorry if I missed it. Good Luck!
I love so many Britcoms it is ridiculous, same for British movies and mysteries. I live in Northern BC, not the Yukon border Northern, but way past Vancouver North.

This is a fantastic application!

I'll start here with your questions. I like Meaning of Life the best, darn funny and the most complete movie from front to back in my opinion. As far as funny things I have done, it's pretty endless. When I was 19 I ended up at a lake in middle of the night doing a made up naked ritual dance with two friends (all of us males). One of my friends kept messing with us about some nonsense mystery he made up after watching The Fisher King and wouldn't tell us what his nonsense was all about until we did a naked ritual dance. Now he never thought we would do it so he got caught up in the nonsense and had no choice other than to go through with it. Now this is one of those times you wake up in the morning and ask yourself. "did I really do this?" then call friend #2 to confirm it wasn't a weird dream (it wasn't). Of course friend #3 was a big risk to tell his girlfriend he was wrapped up in at the time so we didn't know how we would keep this thing a secret. This was in Oklahoma in the early 90's and not the kind of story that makes any sense to anybody. Had we been drinking we probably would have made better decisions.

So for my first question, what is your first choice for music genre?
My first choice for music genre is all of them. Seriously I love music and could not live without it, but I have a pretty much endless range of what I listen to. I can listen to Classical one day, then go for Rock the next. I listen to Metal, Country, Hard Metal, some Pop, Bluegrass, Opera, Celtic, World music, you name it. I even have a playlist of terribly unsuitable horrible lyrics songs that I picked up from my youth, as they are so damn catchy they such me in.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
My first choice for music genre is all of them. Seriously I love music and could not live without it, but I have a pretty much endless range of what I listen to. I can listen to Classical one day, then go for Rock the next. I listen to Metal, Country, Hard Metal, some Pop, Bluegrass, Opera, Celtic, World music, you name it. I even have a playlist of terribly unsuitable horrible lyrics songs that I picked up from my youth, as they are so damn catchy they such me in.
Ooohhh we need to have an exchange. A couple of us sometimes get together and throw the most random unknown music at each other, no genres barred. And we have the What Are You Listening To thread, which is hundreds of pages of songs. You should post some.

Also, I think we need an Avatar. That double-green A is starting to freak me out.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Hey Amberleaf!

Do you have a character on Siren server?

I know right now everything on Aether is congested, but if you are on Siren, let us know.

I've known Amber for a long time through WoW and she's always been a joy to play with.

Today we went around in FFXIV and I showed her the FC house, vendors and stables, etc

I hope we can run some dungeons with her soon.

Ooohhh we need to have an exchange. A couple of us sometimes get together and throw the most random unknown music at each other, no genres barred. And we have the What Are You Listening To thread, which is hundreds of pages of songs. You should post some.

Also, I think we need an Avatar. That double-green A is starting to freak me out.
Well, hopefully the new avatar is up, although it does not seem to be on all of my posts.

That would be awesome. Although summer is almost over, I love my CD by the Delays, Faded Seaside Glamour. I find it just seems to capture the lightness of summer.

Last edited:

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I've known Amber for a long time through WoW and she's always been a joy to play with.

Today we went around in FFXIV and I showed her the FC house, vendors and stables, etc

I hope we can run some dungeons with her soon.
Positive feedback along with a great application = my YES vote.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Amberleaf has been very cool in game and in discord and this app, again, is excellent.

Big YES from me.

Top Bottom