App: Alek, previously Walzeran - Neverwinter to begin with, more later? (0/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So Alek, now that you're Alek and not Walzeran, tell me - what drew you on online RP? Were you a pen and paper roleplayer who graduated to online gaming? Do you have some acting talent?

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Dr. Walzaren and Mr. Alek :)

I've toyed with RP online, but it just never clicked for me, never had a strong enough connection to my avatars.

Now I love me some LARP'ing and of course good old tabletop, playing or running, I love RP'ing in that environment.

The Witness[1], Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim[2] and Sid Meier's Civilization Series[3].

[3] (now i know that i was asked for "games" and i provided a franchise, but stick with me) Civilization is just one of the best and most fun games of it's genre that just keeps on improving with the ever new iteration of the franchise. It's fun, it's always different and it can be challenging if you're looking for that.

I love the Civ games, I've played 4 and 5 for hours upon hours. Any favorite civilizations or victory conditions to play as/for? Have you checked out Civ 6?

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
Alek i must admit that the whole Rp thing took me a little off guard however when you introduced me to your companion and asked if he could join the guild it made me laugh. i do appreciate your being open enough to continue your application as yourself. I look forward to more interactions with Wougan

The RP thing was fun, at least the parts I witnesed werent too disruptive. In fact it almost made me tag along, but the game has too many OOC elements for it to work.

I used to RP pen and paper AD&D 2nd edition for many, many years, I was always the DM. Online RP, I only tried it in enviroments that are built for that, like the most reputable RP sims in Second Life where you are actually rewarded for your RP more than for your gaming prowesses.

HAVING SAID THAT!

There are a few RP elements that I always like to keep, even in this hack and slash enviroment. For example, being a cleric, I distrust wizards and dryads and the sort, and will usually target them first. I have an affinity for healing strangers in need, and I try to use the simple leather clothes instead of the flashy ornamental armours, that kind of behaviour that I think fits the Cleric type.

So Alek, now that you're Alek and not Walzeran, tell me - what drew you on online RP? Were you a pen and paper roleplayer who graduated to online gaming? Do you have some acting talent?
I always used to play pretend when i was really young with my best friend. We used to act out PC games in real life, as well as some cartoons, it was really fun. When i got older there were fewer and fewer opportunities to RP, however i did take part of an imaginary Radio show where i was a crazy hobo with insane life stories, so that was fun.
However more recently what really got me into roleplaying was D&D. I had heard the name quite a few times before, but never took time to investigate what it was, until one day PewDiePie uploaded a "podcast" on his youtube channel where he and CinamonToastKen were playing a one shot, with The Matthew Mercer as the DM and it was awesome. At the end of the podcast Mercer said that he plays D&D weekly on twitch in a show called Critical Role, and i knew i had to see it. After binge watching about 25 episodes, which totals up to about 100 hours of pure Dungeons And Dragons action i just knew that i had to play it myself. So i contacted my two best friends at the moment and suggested it to them. At first they seemed skeptical, but since they're kind of nerds like me they decided to give it a try. And so i took it upon myself to read through all three 5e books (PHB, DMG and MM) and then we played just the three of us. Very quickly this three man game became into a full 6 people group with me as the DM and it was awesome. So we played D&D for two years straight, at some point one of the players wanted to try being a DM so about a year into playing D&D weekly we had two different session every other week (one week i was DM, another i was a player, repeat). Now however many of us are spliting apart, since we're moving to different towns, going to universities, two of us are going to different countries as well, so our stories are kind of done for now, but it was a really fun ride, with many stories to be told after each session every week. And so now, rather recently, there was the "Stream of Annihilation" on twitch where the next D&D expansion was revealed, and with it a developer for Neverwinter talked about this game and how it was similar to actual D&D and that got my interest. When creating my character for this game i decided to write a fully developed story for my character and decided to try out an experiment where every single interaction in this game would be roleplayed, after all the game is based on D&D, why not bring not only the world and some rules but also the personality to this game, and that's exactly what i did, and well, here we are now.

Dr. Walzaren and Mr. Alek :)

I've toyed with RP online, but it just never clicked for me, never had a strong enough connection to my avatars.

Now I love me some LARP'ing and of course good old tabletop, playing or running, I love RP'ing in that environment.
Yeah, it's kind of difficult to really get into it, especially when pretty much everyone else is not RP'ing, but it's really all about dedication i suppose.
And perhaps most PC games even though called RPGS and what not (Roleplaying Games) perhaps they're just not meant to be Roleplayed in, perhaps the format is just not right for it.

I love the Civ games, I've played 4 and 5 for hours upon hours. Any favorite civilizations or victory conditions to play as/for? Have you checked out Civ 6?
Hmm...
As far as the favorite civilization goes i guess it wearies from game to game, but usually i don't develop a preference for any single one, i like to play as all of them, since they're all quite fun and diferent (most of the time that is).
However best way to win would have to be the technology win, since in real life i'm also all about technological advancement so i guess i'm just happy when science "wins". That being said i haven't played many PvP games of any of the Civ games, so perhaps my answer would be different against players.
And have i checked out Civ 6? Hell ye i have, and to me it's the best one so far. Sure the graphics became a bit more cartoon'ish (if that's the right word), but to me even that is a benefit of Civ 6, since if i wanted to play a realistic looking World Domination game i'd play Europa Universals (which is actually a game that i started played recently and loving it so far).

Alek i must admit that the whole Rp thing took me a little off guard however when you introduced me to your companion and asked if he could join the guild it made me laugh. i do appreciate your being open enough to continue your application as yourself.
Yay, you laughed - mission accomplished :D
^ that's one of the reasons i like roleplaying - it brings joy in an otherwise usually boring situation, since you thought i was asking about my possibly foreigner friend who doesn't speak english and what not, but nah, there was a fun twist. Roleplaying brings more variety to many different situations, even just board games where many would just think of the best strategy instead of having a bit of fun in trying to pretend they're perhaps the wizard which they are playing as and how that wizard is afraid of water and so if perhaps if he sees another player's wizard casting some kind of a water spell, he would start running away or something, that's character, that's personality, that's fun :)

I look forward to more interactions with Wougan
Although interaction is probably the wrong word to use when speaking about the speechless Wougon :) (It's Wougon by the way, not Wougan)

There are a few RP elements that I always like to keep, even in this hack and slash enviroment. For example, being a cleric, I distrust wizards and dryads and the sort, and will usually target them first. I have an affinity for healing strangers in need, and I try to use the simple leather clothes instead of the flashy ornamental armours, that kind of behaviour that I think fits the Cleric type.
Has anyone who you haven't told that you're doing that noticed that you're doing that and perhaps even commented on it? Cause that's the best feeling when in a game where pretty much no one RPs someone notices your unique behavior :)

Last edited:
Has anyone who you haven't told that you're doing that noticed that you're doing that and perhaps even commented on it? Cause that's the best feeling when in a game where pretty much no one RPs someone notices your unique behavior :)
I haven't run with Flan much, but the couple of times that I did, I was amused at his character design. Pretty obvious that he went out of his way to build it to an idea. A+. If you guys want help with this kind of thing, I'm not sure that I can personally be of much assistance, but there are a few people we can rely on for good transmute advice.

And I heard that the NW Foundry is on its way back... if that's true, you might love it.

I haven't run with Flan much, but the couple of times that I did, I was amused at his character design. Pretty obvious that he went out of his way to build it to an idea. A+..
Thanks, I tried to not make the character look like a model or a bodybuilder... im lacking cosmethic choices, I have to research that when I get back on NW (on break now because the ARK server is up again)

I usually mute all chat except for party and guild, because of the spam. But I was told by a guildmember that I looked like I just woke up and forgot to put my armour on. I decided to take that as a compliment.

Alek are you still around?
Unfortunately, some life stuff happened and i have been pulled away from playing games for now. When/If i get it sorted out, eventually i plan to return, but who know when that will happen. For now consider me to be AFK for a while.

That shouldn't be a big deal - there's no time limit on apps, but if you know you won't be playing able to keep up on your app for a long time, we can suspend the app and come back to it when you are ready to rock once again. Let us know if you want to push the snooze button.

I hope that real life isn't being too much of a pain! Real life can be a real jerkface sometimes.

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
so long and thanks for all the fish,

see ya space cowboy

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
In the interests of clutter I'm going to move this to rejected until you're ready to reopen in. Let us know then and someone will move it back.

Top Bottom