App: afje - Primarily FFXIV. I tend to be a serial gamer though I do also play World of Tanks with a few friends online. (4/0)

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
You mentioned serial gaming. We have a bunch of co-op PvE games that make the rounds: World War Z, Titanfall 2, Vermintide 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Space Hulk: Deathwing, Killing Floor 2, Helldivers, 40k Last Stand, and others. Do you play any of those?

I have Left 4 Dead 2 and played in mostly in single player, trying it out in multiplayer sometime sounds fun. I haven't played any of the others but I played table top 40k for quite a few years, and love the look of Space Hulk.

In terms of online gaming I've been playing World of Tanks (badly) off and on for a few years, as well as table top board games through various simulators.

I've come to realise that I am far more bloodthirsty (at least in game) then the characters in FFXIV. Sooo many times in the story I find myself saying to the characters on screen "You just beat that person, so now kill them. If you let them run away they are obviously going to come back and be a problem." It seems to be a bit of a recurring theme.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
I have Left 4 Dead 2 and played in mostly in single player, trying it out in multiplayer sometime sounds fun. I haven't played any of the others but I played table top 40k for quite a few years, and love the look of Space Hulk.

In terms of online gaming I've been playing World of Tanks (badly) off and on for a few years, as well as table top board games through various simulators.
So I should clarify: Space Hulk is a top-down turn based. Space Hulk: Deathwing is an FPS squad co-op. I was not a fan of the top-down turn based myself, but I do like Deathwing.

That said, if you enjoy top-down and 40k, some of us play Last Stand. I did not like Dawn of War II as an RTS, but Last Stand is a different game mode were 3 players fight against waves of baddies controlling one hero. It was kind of like Portal to the Orange Box, in that is so much more popular than the Dawn of War 2 game that you can buy it as a standalone.

I've come to realise that I am far more bloodthirsty (at least in game) then the characters in FFXIV. Sooo many times in the story I find myself saying to the characters on screen "You just beat that person, so now kill them. If you let them run away they are obviously going to come back and be a problem." It seems to be a bit of a recurring theme.
I suppose thats better than the Dark Souls ones, where you kill them and they come back to get you anyway.

Fhaol

Promoter
Welcome to the process...so with the rushed vaccine and the covid both being kinda dangerous whats your zombie apocalypse plan?? Good luck!

So I should clarify: Space Hulk is a top-down turn based. Space Hulk: Deathwing is an FPS squad co-op. I was not a fan of the top-down turn based myself, but I do like Deathwing.

That said, if you enjoy top-down and 40k, some of us play Last Stand. I did not like Dawn of War II as an RTS, but Last Stand is a different game mode were 3 players fight against waves of baddies controlling one hero. It was kind of like Portal to the Orange Box, in that is so much more popular than the Dawn of War 2 game that you can buy it as a standalone.
I really like the 40k aesthetic, Astartes is my favourite fan made content ever. I'll definitely check the two of those out, though I think I am leaning more towards Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Welcome to the process...so with the rushed vaccine and the covid both being kinda dangerous whats your zombie apocalypse plan?? Good luck!
Well I'm in Canada where most of us are fully vaccinated now, and I've had both my shots, so assuming the vaccine is the cause of the Zombie apocalypse my plan is to stagger around and try and eat a lot of brains. If the zombie apocalypse is caused by something else... head to the pub, have a pint and wait for it to blow over.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Afje too has been happily playing with us here in the FC on Siren for a while now and has been friendly even by Canadian standards.

Big ol YES.

I'll add a YES then as well.
Thanks Krishach!

I'm still around, closing in on the end of shadowbringers (or at least the beginning of the 5.x patch series). Liking the story of shadowbringers a lot so far. Much tighter writing than FFXIV to this point.

I recently started watching a terrible reality show on Netflix called rust to riches. Not really worthy of a mention except it lead me to stumble onto a Youtube series called Project Binky. Two mechanics from Shropshire in the UK decide to turn a mini into a rally car by dropping in a Toyota Celica engine into it. This spawns 46 half hour episodes over a period of several years and it is bizzarely engrossing. I'm not really a car guy at all and yet I can't stop watching it.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Two mechanics from Shropshire in the UK decide to turn a mini into a rally car by dropping in a Toyota Celica engine into it. This spawns 46 half hour episodes over a period of several years and it is bizzarely engrossing. I'm not really a car guy at all and yet I can't stop watching it.
Oh you need to meet our resident gearhead and automotive engineer, @ninjaturtle28.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Final yes vote from me!! Welcome to the community!

Top Bottom