App: Aecuss - FF14 and potentially New World (4/0)

User name: Aecuss

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
FF14 and potentially New World

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Aecuss Cadeyrn (FF14), no clue yet for New World

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Liriele

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I once swam under a bridge with a full blown stage on it, for a crate of beers.
So there is this 10 day festival in the city in live in, and one of the locations is a stage called Polé Polé, that is along the river with floating bars on the river and a stage that is hanging off the side of the bridge, suspended in midair.

So this dumb dumb got dared to swim underneath the bridge, between the floating bars and then get out again, this being a river in the middle of a very busy city, that during said festival also has both police and firemen boats on it. Needless to say, being wet all night, and smelling like dirty non flowing water was not the best idea I've ever had. But hey I got a crate of beer out of it and made both my friends and people attending the festival laugh, so I'll take that as a win.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest would have to be the one I have been doing for 12 years off and on and am currently doing. I'm a lighting and pyro technician for concerts, festivals, events and expos. (It is a job with just so much diversity both in work and in people, some of the people I get to work with are akin to family at this point, and we care about one another quite a lot. Apart from that I just love getting to put together an experience that puts a smile on people's faces and getting to bring them an experience they will hopefully never forget.)

The worst would be a job I did for 1 night only, which was assembling car parts to then send them to the factory that put together said cars. (It was just such a boring job, I had to drive a forklift around to fill trays at the assembly line for people to use, I had to fill 2 trays and they could hold 10 items each. It took me about an hour the first time fill the trays, at which point all I could do was sit and wait, wasn't allowed to listen to music, go outside, or even read a book. I think throughout the entire night which was 9 hours long I actively did things for about an hour and a half... They asked me that same night if I wanted to come back monday and work the entire week to which I promptly said "No thank you!")

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Halo Combat Evolved (For me Halo became a massive stress relief during exam periods when I was still in school, it's something I could pick up for 15-30 mins between study sessions where I could just shoot stuff and unload for a little while.)

The Witcher 3 (I grew up playing the witcher games throughout my life, loving every single one, I love the lore and setting, as well as the story they have put down, it isn't just one aspect, they touch on so many things, and have their own way of making you feel "them feels" the third game however has to take the win here since it is just all around a masterpiece.)

Planescape Torment (This one was a harder choice, there were many to choose from that tick the same box, from Neverwinter nights to Icewind Dale to even things like Freddy Fish. All games I as a kid used to play in my brother's lap, where he would translate or explain words or parts of the story I did not quite understand yet. And he'd try his best to engage me in the game, letting me make choices and teaching me how to play or calculate stats on gear or abilities. It is what got me into gaming and what also taught me most of the english I know I'm pretty sure. They also are memories I will forever be fond of, my tough guy brother that could come off as cold to a lot of people, that I looked up to very much, took the time to in a quite relaxed and intimate atmosphere do these things with me, it puts a smile on my face just thinking about it. Anyways! Planescape Torment takes the cake here because as far as I can remember it was the first one we really played together like that.)

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I'd have to say the one person that I truly dislike and has truly gotten me angry beyond anything has got to be (Let's call him Tim).

The thing about Tim is, he's really smart, and he got pretty lucky in life and a lot of things. The problem is he also knows these things but does not realize that a lot of it was luck. Tim feels like he is better than most people around him, and picks and chooses his "friends" based on how much of this "luck" they were born with. He tends to make fun of people that aren't as smart and enjoys talking behind people's back and almost seems to try to start shit between them. I've even heard him do it to what was or at least I gathered, was his best friend.

Tim is a bit of a dick.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I've gotten pretty lucky in the fact that I have had the ability to travel a lot, partly because of my job because of the tours I got to go on, I have because of that seen some amazing places and gotten to meet some of my "heroes" so to speak. I've gotten to meet some of the (in my opinion) greatest musicians of our time.
It's allowed me to see pretty much all of Europe, some of Asia and parts of America.

My mom also had a hotel in Uganda for a good amount of years, so I got to see that beautiful country in a very different way than you would with usual tourism.

Apart from that, I know 3 languages pretty fluently and can at least ask for directions and order food in a couple others.
I've played piano since I was 8 years old and dabble in guitar here and there, though I'm not too great at that one.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I'm looking for an adult and mature group of people to be able to play games with, stress and drama free and Unrepentant seems to be the place for that.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What sort of an FC do you run on 14? Is there plans to run raids and all that when the expansion hit?

How active is the community in New World, is it a big group, or smaller and growing? Are there particular goals you're working towards?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A sword and a dream, because I have to go save a Princess!

Fhaol

Promoter
Welcome to the Process.. The U is an awesome family but Im not sure of the mature part lol...So far we have a pretty good presence in NW but time will tell how that comtinues, Wow you sure have traveled...when You mentioned swimming under a stage my first thought was Hawaii. You know NW only has humans?? is that ok? What is your favorite class? Good luck!

Hey, and thanks! The mature part was more of the drama and stress free part I meant but I can see what you mean :p But don't worry, I very much enjoy joking around, making people laugh is one of my favorite things to do!

The stage was in Ghent, Belgium, though Hawaii would've been a lot cooler I think!

As far as New World, it would've been cool if there was some more races to play as to add some variety to both looks and feel.
My favorite class, in New World I've been enjoying both the muskets and the hatchet/shield combo, in FF14 I'm very partial to Gunbreaker.

Thank you for reading and responding!

Fhaol

Promoter
It would be really cool if you would upload an avatar..you know, a picture is worth a thousand words :)

There we go that shoud be fixed! :D I might change it if I find something more fitting but for now this is art of my pupper Leroy, whom I love a whole lot!

Here's a picture of him very much being focused on "Ball!".

Attachments

Bathien

Guild Leader
Yup, puppers are always good. Unless their mine then they're both horrible crazy mutts and adorable cuddlebugs at the same time

They sound amazing tbh, there is a time and place for crazy, it is fun to rough house with puppers sometimes! As well as cuddle, I love being able to come home and have them welcome me so lovingly! As well as my significant other of course! She makes me feel like I can take on the entire world.

Once I have a moment to look for pictures I'll show you the little mut that was owned by my sister before she passed and, the border collie/german shepherd mix as well!

Found some pictures of Nora as a puppy (the border collie/german shepherd mix) and then more Uganda pictures! As a little cliffnote, the Elephant one was out of my tent, about 8am I think? I just woke up, had rolled a cig and opened up my tent to see this guy about 10-15 yards away from me, also during rain season, so that it when you know, all the babies get born around the place, so I simultaneously shat my pants and was in absolute awe, and sat there for about 20 minutes before he turned around and left.
Then there is just a misty morning over the lake from the hotel and monky! For anyone interested in pictures of the hotel and the crater lake (National Geographic once delcared it the worlds most beautiful crater lake) is called Birdsnest @ Lake Bunyonyi. My mom no longer owns it (health reasons), she has since sold her share to another Belgian person but we are still in contact and I really want to go back!

Another little side note, I couldn't quite find what new world server you guys were located on, as well as which faction. Would it be okay to know this information? Just in case I get accepted? I currently don't really have anyone to play it with and haven't really picked a server to settle on so far so I figure why not.

Attachments

Bathien

Guild Leader
We Play on Kay Pacha as Syndicate. I'm Maye in game, send me a message and we can get you pulled into the company as soon as you're a Syndicate member.

Thank you! I'll have a look at starting that tomorrow, after work! For now sleep calls. :D

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Heya Aecuss! We're on Siren Server, Aether DC on FFXIV. Let us know when you're around and we'll have you meet the FC crew!

What sort of an FC do you run on 14? Is there plans to run raids and all that when the expansion hit?
Midcore casual, and yes, we have several raid-capable folks in the FC. The plan is to start a static for Pandaemonium Savage when the expansion gets going later this year. At the very least, we run maps and Savage EX primal content most weekends.

Hey hey! I made it into the FC, thank you. Met some people already and had a good time!

Okay... I had a few comments and questions for Aecuss planned out after reading the first part of the app. Then I read through the rest of the app, found pictures from Uganda and a ton of Leroy pics? How can this person not be awesome? Totally forgot what I was going to ask but I'm taking that as a good sign. :LOL:

I was able to get Aecuss into the FC today in FFXIV. So far he seems pretty friendly and chill. I hope we see you on again soon @Aecuss. It will be fun to run some roulettes or dungeons as a group.

Hey hey! Thanks a lot, I'm just little ol' me though, nothing special ^^.

I'll be on a bit tonight, I am now. And then this weekend I have time too! I took a decent amount of next week off because my body needs some rest after the last couple weeks :D
Looking forward to running some stuff with you, did a Nier raid with Liri and Mira last night that was good fun!

I'm sure we'll get some games in soon!

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
Do you play any other pick-up games? We've got a few that make the rotation. We're setting up World War Z now. Also do Helldivers (top down), Vermintide 2, Aliens: Fireteam Elite, Killing Floor 2, Titanfall 2... Pretty much anything with a co-op mode, and some things PvP. Among Us and Dead by Daylight, before I forget those too.

Any of those strike your fancy?

Top Bottom