2020 Game awards (Never heard of most of these)

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
I mean video games have annual revenue that exceeds tv, film and music combined combined.

Rhu

Video Game Awards has clearly been patterned after the Superbowl. It's less about the quality of the games and more pulling an audience to root for a particular tribe, and also to premiere a bunch of commercials.

In keeping with my observation: hey, look! Laura Bailey won a thing. Laura Bailey is a treasure and deserves trophies. I say this not as someone who has any intention of playing the zombie apocalypse simulator #745, but as someone who got through Critical Role Campaign 2 during the quarantine.

Fhaol

Promoter
Are these all console games and who is it giving the awards??

I liked the ad at the bottom for disinfecting wipes, good match with the article.

To be half serious : same as everyone above, adding that disco elysium got nominated two years because of two versions.

these are not awards but advertising.

The Game Awards is kind of like the Grammy's. Like 20% on performance, 80% advertising. I watched the livestream, saw some half-decent trailers and world premieres (Vin Diesel in ARK 2 why tho; Majorly hyped for Warhammer 40K: Darktide(same developers as Warhammer Vermintide 1 and 2)). Glad to see Hades get recognized, a real gem of a game, although Roguelikes aren't everybody's "cup of tea." Idk how No Man's Sky got Best Ongoing Game though. It 1000000% deserves it, Hello Games really turned NMS around since launch, but I thought Apex Legends, Fortnite or CoD: Warzone would've won it. Among Us was an obvious one for Best Multiplayer, that game is going to spawn a wide range of Mafia/Werewolf-type games. Half-Life: Alyx makes sense as Best VR/AR Game, Valve put real effort into VR. Glad to see Valkyrae got Content Creator of the Year, she's been grinding all year and YouTube Gaming streamers have this stigma because "they're not on Twitch."

Top Bottom