Conversations with an Empty Chair

1. On learning to avoid eating yellow snow

by , 10-21-2015 at 10:47 AM (Conversations with an Empty Chair)
    I sometimes feel like the most powerful emotion a person can have isn't hatred, or anger, or fear - it's bitterness.

Hatred can be conquered by the removal of the object of hate, anger fades with time, and fear can be overcome with knowledge.

Bitterness, though... bitterness is like kudzu: it seeds easily, is hard to uproot, and takes over everything if left unchecked.

Many years ago, The U was pumped for the new MMO launch du jour: Guild Wars 2. For more ...

Updated 10-21-2015 at 01:50 PM by Dao Jones

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rant: I'm done with "billion button" games

by , 02-02-2013 at 06:43 PM (Conversations with an Empty Chair)
    Last night I patched and launched TOR, and logged my Sage in. But after running around in circles for a few minutes I realized I had no desire to actually play the game anymore. The reason? Too many buttons.

It's a weird thing, but recent games like Guild Wars 2, TSW, and even Path of Exile have made me realize how much I absolutely detest games that have six bajillion different skills - ALL of which you need to have on a hotbar and immediately accessible in order to not suck. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Election year deja vu

by , 06-26-2012 at 10:00 AM (Conversations with an Empty Chair)
    Well, here we are. On on side we have a well-liked, but not perceived as particularly competent Commander in Chief. The opposing party has just gone through a protracted primary filled with a few memorable and MANY forgettable candidates, and ultimately settled on a predictable, boring, rich white patrician with a penchant for flip-flopping. Now both sides are slowly gathering momentum; the incumbent hopes his major election-year issue doesn't take a turn for the worse before November, while the ...

Updated 06-26-2012 at 10:32 AM by Dao Jones

Categories
    Uncategorized
vBSlider - Copyright © DragonByte Technologies Ltd.