PDA

View Full Version : [GA] Application for Clockwork

Clockwork
03-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Which branch(es) are you joining us in? (Aion, Champs, DDO, GA, STO): Global Agenda!

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Yarp, I'm 20. Joy of joys.

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? Negative.

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? Clockwork, level 15 Medic.

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? I do not.

Did you read our charter and rules? Which rules translation was your favorite? I did, and I'd have to say the Yorkshire translation. I've got a few good friends who've got the Yorkshire accent and the translation was appallingly accurate.

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids) Nope, sure don't. I won't always be able to speak, but I can always listen.

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.
1. What's the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you have ever done: Well, my experience is limited, since most dumb, embarrassing, and funny things happen while under the influence of alcohol and I'm not yet of legal drinking age. Thankfully, I do have a few friends who are, and I'm a pretty socially awkward person to begin with. I'd say it was probably at a friend's birthday party where we decided it would be fun to get drunk and play DDR and Rock Band. DDR went smoothly enough, barring the few times I fell on my ass - but then again, so did everyone else, so it was okay. Rock Band, however, did not go so smoothly. I play drums exclusively, and on one particularly intense song (I think it was Tom Sawyer by Rush?) I managed to lose the grip on the drumstick, sending it soaring across the room, and into someone's hand, who proceeded to drop the drink in said hand onto the person they were talking to. Needless to say, that was a major party foul and I took my leave shortly thereafter.
2. What is your Zombie Plan? My plan is essentially the opposite of what everyone tends to want to do in a zombie apocalypse. Go to the gun store! Hell no, everyone did that already, and moreover, people who own gun stores tend to like guns and know how to use them, and probably aren't terribly inclined to share, and are more than likely pleased as punch to have a valid excuse to shoot anything that moves.

Further, everyone thinks it's a great idea to barricade yourself up, but the problem with that is that you're essentially under siege by enemies who will never, ever relent. So unless you keep moving, you're boned. So I'd grab a blunt object or five, water, dry/canned foods, and start hoofin' it. But not in my car. Getting out of Orlando on a normal day is an exercise in anger management. Getting out in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? Yeah, not happening.

From there, I guess pull a Zombieland and just wander from place to place, but try to stay away from large metropolitan areas because that's where most of the zombies would be, I'm sure.

On that note, all rules from Zombieland must be followed. Cardio, double-tap, avoid bathrooms, and - in vehicular situations - wear your seat belt. All for obvious reasons.

Maybe set up camp in the middle of a large, open area where you can see things coming in all directions. Perhaps a quaint cabin out in the middle of nowhere. :P

3. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <name of drink>: I... really can't. I'd be lying. I'll drink pretty much anything. The best I've got is that I avoid taking tequila shots because they led to some of the most profuse vomiting I've ever experienced.

4. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming: I am an elusive breed known colloquially as "gaymers." I don't guess that's really "cool," but it's something I like to get out in the open when I'm applying to guilds. There are still a great many groups that don't take too kindly to my kind 'round these here parts.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
Favorite Type of Music: Punk rawk.
Favorite Movie: Good question. Let's go with Brazil.
Favorite Book: Dune, followed closely by Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Favorite Drink: Non-alcoholic? Sweet iced tea. Alcoholic? Long-Island Iced Tea! See a pattern? :3
Favorite Non MMO Game: Halo 3. Yes, go on, mock me. I'm cool with it.

Lapompo
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
I had to read all off it before having my beautysleep

it's ok in length compared to most things that roll in so thumbs up for taking the time or being a fast Tyler hehe
but WTF is a gaymer ? xP

Find me docproc or anyone else in TheU searching the strikefore thingy lalalad to get an invite everyone should be able to

Clockwork
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
I had to read all off it before having my beautysleep

it's ok in length compared to most things that roll in so thumbs up for taking the time or being a fast Tyler hehe
but WTF is a gaymer ? xP

Find me docproc or anyone else in TheU searching the strikefore thingy lalalad to get an invite everyone should be able to

It's what it sounds like. I'm gay. And a gamer. Hence gaymer. It's not a term I'm particularly fond of, but it's a pretty apt and succinct term. /nod

And yeah, I know it's not the longest thing in the world, but I figured it would be best not to cross the line between informative and excessive. No sense in getting too extraneous.

Spanner
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
It's all good. Here is a welcome gif:
[hsimg:2u29qxp4]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/16/a1129fe936a8feae6e4a0c7192bff6b9.gif[/hsimg:2u29qxp4]

I like the app on this guy* so far. Keep active here and jump into the game of your choice and chat members up. I think doing some group activities** with people will get you far.

*euphemism
**double entendre

Clockwork
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
That gif is amazing. I'm saving it for later. Thanks for the kind words! As soon as I'm done with this mountain of classwork, I'll be hopping on GA to bother you lot.

ChefBourdain
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
If Unrepentant can put up with my sack of perversions, a tame deviance like homosexuality should be no problem.

Which reminds me, I should take my french horn out of the freezer and lube up the basset hound. It's cryo-sodomy night! :2thumbsup:

7NationArmy
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm gay. And a gamer. Hence gaymer.

Wait..huh...so does that make me a..."straigamer". I'm a bit confused how sexual orientation has anything to do with gaming. Eh, whatever.

On that note, all rules from Zombieland must be followed. Cardio, double-tap, avoid bathrooms, and - in vehicular situations - wear your seat belt. All for obvious reasons.

Not true if you're Bill Murray.

Unrepentant can put up with my sack of perversions

True

The best I've got is that I avoid taking tequila shots because they led to some of the most profuse vomiting I've ever experienced.

Let the "Stories of Vomiting" commence. Then you get a "yes" from me on this app.

Clockwork
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm gay. And a gamer. Hence gaymer.

Wait..huh...so does that make me a..."straigamer". I'm a bit confused how sexual orientation has anything to do with gaming. Eh, whatever.

Again, kind of why I'm not terribly fond of the term. My faggotry has nothing to do with anything at all besides who I like to go to bed with at night, but in this day and age, it's still relevant information when applying to a gaming group because despite its irrelevancy in all practical aspects of life, some people will still flip the fuck out on you over it, and I tend to want to avoid that.

Thank you for the yes, though. :3

Edit: Oh, and yeah, Bill Murray didn't follow the crucial, "Don't pretend to be a zombie during the zombie apocalypse around those who are unaware you're not a zombie and also happen to be carrying a shotgun," rule.

7NationArmy
03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
My faggotry has nothing to do with anything at all besides who I like to go to bed with at night

Yep, I agree...and no and I don't want to hear stories about your bed at night. I'll take a pass and move it to Chef. 7

Clockwork
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
My faggotry has nothing to do with anything at all besides who I like to go to bed with at night

Yep, I agree...and no and I don't want to hear stories about your bed at night. I'll take a pass and move it to Chef. 7

A wise choice. A very wise choice.

ChefBourdain
03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I'M LISTENING, PANT PANT PANT PANT

Ahem.

But the more I think about it...a gaymer is actually interesting in terms of internal conflicts. After all, your gay side enables you to dance, dress well, accessorize, host amazing parties, decorate, etc...but your gamer side wants you to sit alone in a dark basement, nurture antisocial behaviors, and wear the same sweat pants every day. Which of your sides dominates? Is there conflict?

Clockwork
03-29-2010, 05:16 PM
I'M LISTENING, PANT PANT PANT PANT

Ahem.

But the more I think about it...a gaymer is actually interesting in terms of internal conflicts. After all, your gay side enables you to dance, dress well, accessorize, host amazing parties, decorate, etc...but your gamer side wants you to sit alone in a dark basement, nurture antisocial behaviors, and wear the same sweat pants every day. Which of your sides dominates? Is there conflict?

They are like yin and yang. They remain in perfect harmony to ensure that I don't err too far on either side of the road. I don't dress spectacularly, but I don't dress like a slob. I'm not antisocial, but I definitely don't go about throwing soirees. Oh, but I -can- decorate, and can't dance.

Definitely can't dance.

ChefBourdain
03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Can't dance!!!??? My preconceived notions are shattered! :o

Lapompo
03-30-2010, 02:52 AM

since when can white people dance anyways! (assuming he is white)

Clockwork
03-30-2010, 08:43 AM

since when can white people dance anyways! (assuming he is white)

I am very, very white, bordering on fluorescent. And that is the reason I can't dance.

Spanner
03-30-2010, 09:02 AM
But can you jump?

Clockwork
03-30-2010, 01:14 PM
But can you jump?

Actually, yes. To some extent anyway. I've been told that I've got, and I quote, "ups, for a white boy."

ChefBourdain
03-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I am very, very white, bordering on fluorescent. And that is the reason I can't dance.
Good catch guys, that does explain everything. You haven't seen a white man in pain until you've seen me dance.

Honky.

Proccor
03-31-2010, 05:31 AM
I like what I have seen here in this thread so I am going to throw my yes vote on this one. :thumbup:

Any idea on what your playtimes or what days you are going to be on so we can get you in?

Clockwork
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
I like what I have seen here in this thread so I am going to throw my yes vote on this one. :thumbup:

Any idea on what your playtimes or what days you are going to be on so we can get you in?

I just started new courses, and I go to a school that's on a ridiculously accelerated schedule (i.e, two classes per month, completed within the span of said month) and the two I'm in right now are extremely important, so I find myself with limited free time. With any luck though, I should be on some tonight and tomorrow night so I can get in the guild and play with you lot a little.

7NationArmy
04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Clockwork joined Echko, Kiserai, and I last night for some PvP. Definitely liked what I saw; great addition to TheU. 7

Kiserai
04-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah he seems like good people 8-)

Altaire
04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah he seems like good people 8-)

Indeed. :thumbup:

Proccor
04-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Alrighty you are approved welcome to the [s:jv669wzb]cult[/s:jv669wzb] family!