PDA

View Full Version : CO Applicant: Rumble Bee

01-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Which branch(es) are you joining us in? (Aion, Champs, DDO, GA, STO):
Champs

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply)
Yes

Are you a member of any other guild in that game?
No

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with?
Rumble Bee/Munitions/14 (@Paladine)

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No

Did you read our charter and rules? Which rules translation was your favorite?
Yes, Scottish & Drunken Impaired

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids)
No

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.
1. What's the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you have ever done:
As a teenager driving to high-school, we frequently attempted to beat the bus to school. Unfortunately, my high-school was on a two-lane road, so if you got behind the bus, you were stuck. Once, I picked up a group of friends in my Chevy Blazer and we got stuck behind sed bus. Now, we were all deep into research papers, and at that time it meant you carried with you these little boxes full of index cards with all your information. Each of us had one of these boxes, crammed full of index cards.
Getting stuck behind the bus, I was pissed. Driving a four-wheel drive, I thought I could do something about it.
There was a service road parrallelling the main road coming to the high school, so as we drug behind the bus, I cut off on this road. Speeding down it, I didn't realize until almost too late that someone had parked a HOUSE they were moving on this road. Swinging off the gravel through the dirt and grass, I narrowly missed the house. Unfortunately, I hit a boulder....
Luckily, this boulder was mostly flat, and was rather ramp-ish shaped. I hit it doing 60. (pause for a few moments to allow this to digest)
Airborn, we approached the end of the road, which was cutting back into the main road. We could see the bus in front of us as we flew. We could see all the kids in the bus at first plastered against the windows in shock at the airbourne truck hurtling their way, then madly scrambling to reach the other side of the bus, as the bus driver rocked back and forth in his seat in a mad attempt to squeeze every last bit of speed out of the bus, trying to avoid the impending disaster.
We landed, my foot firmly planted to the firewall on the brake. As we landed, every one of those little boxes of index cards erupted. The Blazer bounces along, valiantly attempting to skid to a stop with 1, maybe 2, wheels touching the ground with the brakes locked.
Skidding to a stop mere inches from the side of the bus, covered with index cards, panting heavily, I looked around to my friends. Stunned expressions covered all their faces. Suddenly everyone burst out laughing.
To this day, to get any one of these people laughing, all you have to do is say "sky, ground, sky, ground...BUS!"
2. What is your Zombie Plan?
I plan to duct tape all the windows and doors, drag out all the shotguns, raid Wal-Mart, and wait for the smoke to clear.
3. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <name of drink>:
I could tell you the story of the Smoker's Phlegm and the Fabulous Mayonaise Boys, but honestly it would take WAY too long.
4. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming:
I once ran a gun shop and sold guns to a TV production company for the television show Christie. I got to meet Tyne Daley, Kelly Martin, and Levar Burton!

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
Favorite Type of Music:
Oldies
Favorite Movie:
The Quiet Man (John Wayne)
Favorite Book:
Whatever I'm reading at the moment
Favorite Drink:
Vault Zero
Favorite Non MMO Game:
Wii Sports

Kiserai
01-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Duct tape is fun, but what does it accomplish?

Zandar1
01-29-2010, 07:27 PM
This is actually a pretty decent app, and I'm just hoping it doesn't get lost here in the STO flood. :)

Look us up in the WildCards channel in-game.

Aethyre
01-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Please tell me the forum name is a Dragonlance referance.

If it is can I call you Wizz-bang? :D

Sage
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Y'know...I was reading down the app, thinking "meh, not bad".

Then I got to your story. That was awesome!

Please look us up in-game in the chat.

Tanuki
01-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Duct tape is fun, but what does it accomplish?

Asphyxiation in this case I think... :P

Also it probably hinders raiding Walmart if you try to do that *after* sealing up your house... ;)

I could tell you the story of the Smoker's Phlegm and the Fabulous Mayonaise Boys, but honestly it would take WAY too long.

Bah now I want to hear it... :(

Zandar1
01-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Tanuki-chan has a point. Let's hear the story, bro. :)

CptSquash
02-01-2010, 01:30 PM
This application was like a sandwich with a lot of toppings but not a lot of meat. The story was good. And narrative. A brush with death.

See you in Wildcards chat.

Fennec
02-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Three days idle from OP, is he still out there?

Carat
02-04-2010, 10:16 AM
http://www.risingdove.com/fancythat/notmyjob.jpg

Hope he's made it out to the game to chat with you guys.

Kiserai
02-04-2010, 10:21 AM
I read that zombie plan and wondered if he was going to try making the place airtight. Probably wouldn't work, but if he did he'd run out of air eventually.

Then no response to the thread for all this time.

:?

Zandar1
02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I read that zombie plan and wondered if he was going to try making the place airtight. Probably wouldn't work, but if he did he'd run out of air eventually.

Then no response to the thread for all this time.

:?

...I laughed.

Zandar1
02-07-2010, 07:11 PM
No followup, no sign in game, no nothin. Been over a week.

Voting no.

Fennec
02-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Voting 'To be continued'

and filing it in the appropriate storage bin til redemption day.