PDA

View Full Version : Love online? (poll)

Grimztone
01-09-2010, 11:02 AM
You spend hours playing online it will ultimatly happen. You start getting on the game because of a certain person. Does it blossom to love or just cause you reeeally like playing with this person. Opposite sex or not. I know there are a few people who met online here. Time to tell your story. When was the "i have to meet this person" moment.

Kiserai
01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
I used to game a ton with my wife, and even with her in less of a multiplayer mode lately we still do once in a while. We met online, too, so that should be bonus points on this topic :ugeek:

Aethyre
01-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry Grim, you just aren't my type :)

Arual
01-09-2010, 08:23 PM
It's no secret that I met Egatavay while playing WoW. We started off as competing healers (me a Holy Paly and him a Holy priest) so we didn't hit it off right away. But before too long we would spend lots of time chatting in vent and within a year I to bring him and a mutual friend up from California to go see Transformers with me. The movie may have been a disappointment, but we hit it off (him not being a serial killer was a big bonus) and have been together ever since. He ended up moving to Canada, and we`re in the process of finishing up his immigration papers. We still game together, and from time to time you can hear me smack him upside the head while we`re in vent :P So I guess we play at home and in game :P

Chaosmonkey
01-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I think anyone who plays online significantly is bound to make some new friends, but that doesn't mean they will only play a game because someone else is. In fact, that sounds a bit creepy and obsessive.

Also, while I know people have met online in video games and gone on to get married, I think that is more the exception than the rule.

Fosco
01-10-2010, 07:45 AM
I know lots of couples who met on line, young, old gamers, not gamers. I've given up thinking it is odd - it's just one more way to meet - no stranger than going on a blind date like I did the first time I met my wife.

Sylfhare
01-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I voted that I am married blah blah blah...

BUT! There was a recent time that I played a game and in this game I met a fella. We hit it off as friends, and he made comments to everyone that our chars were "lovers" in game. Hmm ok. It didn't take him too long to start transposing the relationship between our chars to a relationship between us. Next thing I know he is acting jealous if I group with my other guy friends, and then grouping with others in general if he was online at the time. For some stupid reason, I had given him my phone number, maybe it was for raid purposes... but he would call me all the time. And get mad if I didn't answer. Then suddenly he wanted me to move in with him and get married and ....... WHAT the hell did I get myself into!

Come to find out, he was on house-probation.. recently out of prison. For a crime he says he didn't commit. Won't go into details, it's really no-one elses business. But, totally freaked out, I broke off every communication with him both online and OTP. He left the guild, changed his characters names and we never talked much again after that.

And that's just one of my online relationship stories! I seem to get mired in drama easily just for being a nice person. :(

Mighty Fexty
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM
It's no secret that I met Egatavay while playing WoW. We started off as competing healers (me a Holy Paly and him a Holy priest) so we didn't hit it off right away. But before too long we would spend lots of time chatting in vent and within a year I to bring him and a mutual friend up from California to go see Transformers with me. The movie may have been a disappointment, but we hit it off (him not being a serial killer was a big bonus) and have been together ever since. He ended up moving to Canada, and we`re in the process of finishing up his immigration papers. We still game together, and from time to time you can hear me smack him upside the head while we`re in vent :P So I guess we play at home and in game :P

Thats awesome. My fiancee and I met on WoW. We were also both healers, her a H Priest and me a Shaman. We did progression through Kara together and then about 3 or so weeks later, I went DPS spec so that we could run heroics together and about 5 months later (talking on vent, skype, aim, running up a 600 dollar texting bill) she invited me to go spend a month with her in Maine. I went, and about 2 months after that she moved out to Chicago, and we've been blissfully nerdy for 3 years now.

Also about the serial killer thing you said...yeah totally happy that didn't happen. My buddies back home told me that I would go to Maine and that she would turn my testicles into wind chimes and make pottery from my internal organs. Glad i dodged that bullet.

KreepyKritter
01-11-2010, 08:34 AM
My buddies back home told me that I would go to Maine and that she would turn my testicles into wind chimes and make pottery from my internal organs. Glad i dodged that bullet.

Who says?

Could be she's biding her time and it'll all be one big shock.

I met my wife the traditional way, of course... in a smoke filled bar after we'd both been drinking, however I have had my share of online relationships over the years.

In the seven years prior to meeting my wife I had 2 girlfriends, 1 (almost) fiance, and a fuck buddy whom I met completely through the intarwebs.

Only 1 was not batshit insane, and after finishing her bachelor's she moved to Europe, traveled for several years and is now living in England. The other three are nucking-futs, and I don't much give a shit where they've gone off to so long as it's no where near me. So while I answered the poll with 'I'm married' I have to say, from personal experience, the internet is no place to start a relationship.

Mighty Fexty
01-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I dated this crazy girl I met off myspace about...6ish years ago. She was batshit crazy, she was possessive enough that she got angry when I spoke with my mother, and she always talked about dying together one day. I finally listened to my mother on that one, because apparently most of my family was genuinely afraid that she was going to kill me. Nice thing about meeting my current other half on WoW, we're like minding when it comes to gaming, when Wrath of the Lich King released, we took a week of vacation time together, planned and scheduled food, showering, sex, and any other needs around the game for an entire 8 days. We wanted to hit lvl 80 ASAP. We're just a little crazy though.

Kiserai
01-11-2010, 09:44 AM
So while I answered the poll with 'I'm married' I have to say, from personal experience, the internet is no place to start a relationship. Heh, my personal experience is exactly the opposite! By far the most unstable woman I dated was one I had met in person and been friends with for a while before we started dating. She totally lost it once relationship stuff came up--serious "you need therapy" kind of stuff. Next girl I dated was one that I met playing an online game, and even though we broke it off she's still something of a friend. I think that meeting online is the new "we met in a bar"--it doesn't give you a good sense of the person but it's not like it dooms you from the beginning.

when Wrath of the Lich King released, we took a week of vacation time together, planned and scheduled food, showering, sex, and any other needs around the game for an entire 8 days. Dude, priorities. Plan your gaming to not interfere with your sex life, not the other way around :?

Aethyre
01-11-2010, 10:11 AM
She totally lost it once relationship stuff came up--serious "you need therapy" kind of stuff.

Heard that brother!!!!

Last girl I dated, one I met in the real world trough a mutual friend was the same way. Love is sitting for 4 hours in a padded room with someone because "it is less likely they will commit me if I can show I have a stable home life."

Everyone says they have a crazy ex, but I EARNED that damn merit badge.

Mighty Fexty
01-11-2010, 10:23 AM
when Wrath of the Lich King released, we took a week of vacation time together, planned and scheduled food, showering, sex, and any other needs around the game for an entire 8 days. Dude, priorities. Plan your gaming to not interfere with your sex life, not the other way around :?

Although we take gaming pretty seriously, at the end of the day we're very realistic. I say that we did nothing else for 8 days but that was a bit of an exaggeration. If the time ever came down that either of us told the other that the gaming was getting a bit out of hand and we needed some intimacy time we'd drop the control and make with the sexy time. But I wont lie, there are times that I've postponed sex for raiding, but never outright said no.

KreepyKritter
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Everyone says they have a crazy ex, but I EARNED that damn merit badge.

My track record goes as follows for Teh Krayzee:

When I was 20, I met an 18 year old who turned out to be a furry (I was unaware until several months into the relationship)... Nuff said.

At 21 I got with a Creole woman in Central Louisiana whom I later found out had been kidnapped 20 years earlier and managed to return to her birth parents when she was 15. She ended up (she says) shooting her kidnapper in the face, getting knocked up by another guy to whom she got engaged (All in the same week), and decided to let me know about it 2 months into the pregnancy.

Six months later, the rebound girl decided that the best time to tell me about HER fiance was the week before he returned from Iraq. She then proceeded to ask if he and I would mind 'Sharing' her... that was when I decided the interwebs are not for dating.

If you earned a merit badge, I earned the fucking Congressional Medal of Honor for batshit insane ex's.

ETA: The moral of this story is... don't date Creole women, they're fucking crazy. (See: Brittany Spears)

B5Freak
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
And that's just one of my online relationship stories! I seem to get mired in drama easily just for being a nice person. :(
Then it's a good thing you found us. We pride ourselves on our drama-free yumminess. :2thumbsup:

And no, I don't have any batshit crazy ex story. And thank God for it!

Sylfhare
01-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Then it's a good thing you found us. We pride ourselves on our drama-free yumminess. :2thumbsup:

And no, I don't have any batshit crazy ex story. And thank God for it!
Thank The Goddess for that!! ;) I'm still a little shy about getting close to people in games because of all that crap. But in the end, I am pretty socially inept in RL so having some peeps I can just be myself with at the end of the day is nice.

Spanner
01-12-2010, 01:38 PM
really I am just on the net to talk dirty and exchange nudie pics.

KreepyKritter
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
You mean... there are other reasons to be on the net?

Narfington
01-12-2010, 03:59 PM
You know, I've heard plenty of fall-in-love-with-internet-person story's that have had happy endings and those that result in scary/funny stories of utter fail. Really I don't think it is much different from any other way of meeting people.

And every once in a while, you find some hot cyb0rz. Yes, I had to bring it up.

Sylfhare
01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
You know, I've heard plenty of fall-in-love-with-internet-person story's that have had happy endings and those that result in scary/funny stories of utter fail. Really I don't think it is much different from any other way of meeting people.

I actually find cyber to be very weird, awkward and pretty much embarrasin for me. Just doesn't get my engine revving...

Kalgara
01-13-2010, 04:42 AM
[
I actually find cyber to be very weird, awkward and pretty much embarrasin for me. Just doesn't get my engine revving...[/quote]

Then you havn't been up long enough/not drunk enough/stopped caring. See thats when it gets amusing sexual aroursal aside walking into vent cyber sex is great letting them know your their is even better :lol:

Spanner
01-13-2010, 07:28 AM

I actually find cyber to be very weird, awkward and pretty much embarrasin for me. Just doesn't get my engine revving...

That is exactly why I prefer just talking trashy and trading dirty pics of our lingam and yoni/sthanam.

(I had to look the word for boobs up)

BorealHound
01-14-2010, 08:25 AM
All this talk of cybering makes me want to bring up some random BloodNinja quotes....

"I put on my robe and wizard hat."

"Bears don't wear pants and you should cover yourself in honey now."

"I take yo pants off, grunting like a troll."

"I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory. "

Sylfhare
01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
[

Then you havn't been up long enough/not drunk enough/stopped caring. See thats when it gets amusing sexual aroursal aside walking into vent cyber sex is great letting them know your their is even better :lol:[/quote]
I had my own Vent channel in the days of EQ, and I lgged into a very weird conversation one day. I decided after that to log into the game first and ask who was in VEnt ... lol

KreepyKritter
01-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah... it'd be akward to sign on and catch Titan and Dao getting all breathy and moany. Cuz, y'know... there was that one time...

Treehugga
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
All this talk of cybering makes me want to bring up some random BloodNinja quotes....

"I put on my robe and wizard hat."

"Bears don't wear pants and you should cover yourself in honey now."

"I take yo pants off, grunting like a troll."

"I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory. "

haha, that's what I was thinking...
YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

Narfington
01-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Holy shit! I just discovered this BloodNinja person. I needa seek him out and apprentice myself to him!

Mighty Fexty
01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Holy shit! I just discovered this BloodNinja person. I needa seek him out and apprentice myself to him!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3525 (http://www.unrepentantgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3525)

You're welcome

Narfington
01-21-2010, 04:00 PM

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3525 (http://www.unrepentantgaming.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3525)

You're welcome

Ah that shit is awesome.